Soulblight Gravelords News, Rumours and Speculation

Neil Arthur Hotep

7 minutes ago, Bademeister said:

In the cursed City Box Bats Swarms are already shown. They will get a new Model. 

For me it is far more importent to see new Warscrolls. Bat Swarms and Fell Bats were not played because theire warscrolls are meh yet.

Yes, these, That's what I was going to say. Makes all sense they are going to be the replacement for current ones

image.png.4f91b371567d6a54aca58eae7cf65823.png

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/02/20/warhammer-preview-online-lords-of-the-mortal-realms/

I have a feeling these bat swarms will be the answer to the shootings shenanigans of some armies. It’s one of the only ways to get SBG into the meta. I also expect to see a new necromancer model. The old one is so lame. 

47 minutes ago, lare2 said:

Be cool if they had a rule similar to Aetherwings. They're awesome at causing merry hell with the opponents charge phase. 

They might just keep their -1 to be hit bubble, which would be fine with me honestly. A small, quick chaff unit that can make your guys harder to hit is quite good. I think they would have seen a lot more play if their old model had been better.

25 minutes ago, KK9T said:

I have a feeling these bat swarms will be the answer to the shootings shenanigans of some armies. It’s one of the only ways to get SBG into the meta. I also expect to see a new necromancer model. The old one is so lame. 

GW will have to stop writing rules that ignore penalities to hit at range for that to be the case. It really kind of sucks right now: LoN has one of the best anti-shooting artefacts in theory with Shroud of Darkness which gives -2 to be hit in the shooting phase at long ranges, but every good shooting armies has ways around that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

Bats could have the Deepkin Forgotten Nightmares trait or something similar.

Must be targetted if the closest unit, or perhaps heroes cannot be targetted if within x" of a bat swarm.

Effectively a ranged body guard rule.

Edited by Liquidsteel
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, KK9T said:

What are you smoking, that necro is a totally rad sculpt!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hoping the they keep the essence of the current rules for both fell bats and bat swarms, but just dial it to 11.

The -1 to hit from shooting aura is nothing to be sniffed at, and the scent of gore rule is nice  but is hampered by how ****** their attacks are. Fell bats have always just seemed like a worse option that dire wolves. Less resilient, less models, and less wounds.

I hope the bat swarn get something special against shooting and not this -1 hit if they are near to enemy.

I had so much fun with them in totalwar disrupting enemy shooting units.

I see better any rule as was said of idoneths,the bat swarn are so big above our army that every arrow go toward them and cant target other unit.

Something as that feel great to the lore and fun and balanced(balanced if we havent any shooting in vampire tome)

7 hours ago, El Syf said:

you already got a nice lot of models (hopefully on rounds)

Well, I got a lot of early 2000s skeletons that are on squares but I’ve been 3D printing converters that make it super easy to turn them into rounds. Thanks for the reply, I feel a little bit better about continuing to paint the army now. Hopefully the Grave Guard can find a home.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

The new article show a pic of seems legion of blood with neferata and palanquin on it on a terrain with kharadrons balls.

Seems next book gonna be at chamon as they hinted at this article,and also this pic hint that we gonna have death there again?

Btw i dont like how they show us pics of units as actual eskeletons when it is confirmed that they gonna be discounted very soon,this is confuse for new player that dont know it(as happened with the dwarf war machine mercenarys and deleted one month later)

7 minutes ago, Doko said:

The new article show a pic of seems legion of blood with neferata and palanquin on it on a terrain with kharadrons balls.

Seems next book gonna be at chamon as they hinted at this article,and also this pic hint that we gonna have death there again?

Btw i dont like how they show us pics of units as actual eskeletons when it is confirmed that they gonna be discounted very soon,this is confuse for new player that dont know it(as happened with the dwarf war machine mercenarys and deleted one month later)

Nah there are some regular old skeletons in the lower left of that picture with Nef, they are mingled in with the grave guard there.

4 hours ago, Liquidsteel said:

Bats could have the Deepkin Forgotten Nightmares trait or something similar.

Must be targetted if the closest unit, or perhaps heroes cannot be targetted if within x" of a bat swarm.

Effectively a ranged body guard rule.

This OR the ability for them to take the damage from wounds & mortal wounds inflicted by Missile weapons. Like others have said, simply handing out a minus to hit, while nice isn't going to be super huge with so many things still doing mortal wounds on unmodified 6s. So something that can help mitigate our good units from just taking a bunch of mortals would be the way to go. Via passing them off or the bat swarm having to be the target if they are the closest enemy would be good too.

27 minutes ago, BaylorCorvette said:

I'll take two units.

Make them battleline and I will blot out the sun 🤪 Just like the old 40 wolves lists ...

i hope they just hit Lumineth with the nerf hammer, their rules sound ridiculous, like they did with petrifex.

those 3 month buy in broken rules are stupid. Still remember getting the hate for my Gristlegore GkoTg and afterwards the „aiming for a fair play trophy“ jibs when I didn’t field him 🤣

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, LandonGolds said:

We need some form of elite skeleton unit - I hope they keep 'em.

I'm not sure we do need elite skellies, not if skittles are already tougher, and we have black knights, and vampyric units.  But yeah, I hope we see some new wights.

1 hour ago, Honk said:

Make them battleline and I will blot out the sun 🤪 Just like the old 40 wolves lists ...

i hope they just hit Lumineth with the nerf hammer, their rules sound ridiculous, like they did with petrifex.

those 3 month buy in broken rules are stupid. Still remember getting the hate for my Gristlegore GkoTg and afterwards the „aiming for a fair play trophy“ jibs when I didn’t field him 🤣

I can't believe people still think petrifex needed a nerf. Objectively speaking PE on release was a completely balanced sub-faction whose only issue was that the other sub-factions were so much worse that no one would ever take them. The solution was to buff the other subfactions, not nerf PE.  Ivory Host? Crematarions? Jokes. Null Myriad? Either amazing or worthless with no in-between, meaning it is useless for a take all comers list. Mortis Praetorians? Only with Katakros, and this is now the default.  Stalliarch Lords has the worst mandatory command trait and artefact in the book. To the people who say that 3+ rerolling saves in combat mortek guard were too good, allow me to invite you to play against any competently built competitive army. You'll note that these armies, and pretty much every army, already has the tools to deal with PE OBR, as long as you used a bit of strategy and didn't just literally push your models into them and try to fight them in combat. They are slow, vulnerable to spells, shooting, mortals,  screens, teleports, etc. Reverting the change to petrifix would have actually zero impact on the meta for tournaments, and would do nothing but allow for variety in making OBR lists.

By contrast, the Lumineth rules are far, far more problematic. Essentially table-wide archers that spit out mortals on 5's (or 6's if they managed to fail an extremely easy cast) that get to ignore line of sight requirements, meaning there is almost zero counterplay to someone trying to save a support hero. Models that get to pile in 6" in any direction, meaning they can charge, activate two units because RULES, and one of those units gets to pile in out of combat like the old skink rule? The units warscroll could be only entire garbage and they would still be worth it for that kind of mobility and flexibility. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1