Soulblight Gravelords News, Rumours and Speculation

Neil Arthur Hotep

Black Knights?! No no no, it should read BLOOD Knights, you fools!!! 

It looks like it's going to be the Kastelai Dynasty for me... which I accept, I LOVE Vhordrai... but I want Nef to be a part of this crimson dream! 

506810566_Screenshot2021-05-10at17_06_16.png.54707c5078ce7c78d6eeff6bfc2a436e.png

1 minute ago, Aren73 said:

Rather I am concerned that Vargheists weren't mentioned. I was hoping to run them as battleline in Avengorii - would have seemed the natural choice given their lore. 

Maybe we will be lucky and they will be Battleline for all Blood Lines.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Lich King said:

Why is no one talking about Terrorgheists and Dragons (possibly Vlozds) as battle line . It’s awesome !

Idk if I want to s abuse monsters I‘ll play my FeC :D (also: the same models) :D

Edited by JackStreicher

13 minutes ago, BaylorCorvette said:

As they should be!

Just now, Raptor_Jesues said:

KASTELAI BLOOD KNIGHTS SPAM INTENSIFIES

It's happening. Or maybe not, but we'll make it happen nonetheless.

13 minutes ago, BaylorCorvette said:

Since legion of night is maintaining it's current characterization, then if any bloodline is getting exclusive access to battleline vargheist it'll be mannfred's.

That said, again, as long as the minimum size for dire wolves stays 5 it doesn't really matter what is or isn't battleline.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sception said:

Since legion of night is maintaining it's current characterization, then if any bloodline is getting exclusive access to battleline vargheist it'll be mannfred's.

That said, again, as long as the minimum size for dire wolves stays 5 it doesn't really matter what is or isn't battleline.

if BKs were battleline i would pick some wolves anyway to screen so yeah, agreed

• Like 1

The Avengorii monster battleline might actually matter, if their battleline monsters also get to bypass the behemoth limits.

Otherwise, yeah, even for cav armies, vargheists spam, or monster mash, you're gonna take some good, good dogs to screen for you, so battleline requirments would be easily met regardless.

Honestly, if Neferata's subfaction grants an attack bonus to vampire heroes and units like it did in LoN then it might end up being the better faction for Blood Knight spam in SG, just like it was the better subfaction for Blood Knight spam in LoN even though Soulblight got battle line blood knights and LoB didn't.

Battleline black knights still feels weird for neferata though.  I get linking deathrattle to her, given her nehekharan origins, but I would have gone with battleline grave guard myself?  Ah, well.  Again, battleline doesn't matter so much here, so it's not a big deal one way or the other.

At least, it doesn't matter unless the bump the minimum dire wolf unit size up to 10.  Then it suddenly does matter a fair bit.

9 minutes ago, Raptor_Jesues said:

KASTELAI BLOOD KNIGHTS SPAM INTENSIFIES

So since you and I are both all about Blood Knights, for the Kastelai bloodline the article focuses on a couple things that I found interesting:

1) These Vampires reside in the Crimson Keep, a magical castle that has a tendency to translocate from place to place. I wonder if it will have a sub allegiance that will allow outflanking Blood Knights similar to the old Battalion, or possibly some sort of other buff. But the translocate mention seems to think it will allow with deploy shenanigan's. 

2) The lord of the Crimson Keep is Prince Vhordrai. Presumably he has to be the General if you take him in this Bloodline. Perhaps if he is your General he makes Blood Knights battleline. Or maybe they are just Battle Line in this allegiance to begin with.

3) The well-drilled Kastelai cavalry values feats of skill and strength in combat and they become even stronger as the blood begins to flow. I assume this bloodline gives buffs to Blood Knights if they've killed something or attack a unit that is wounded or has taken casulties. 

I gotta say, it really sounds like Kastelai are exactly how I want to play Gravelords.

• LOVE IT! 1

9 minutes ago, Sception said:

The Avengorii monster battleline might actually matter, if their battleline monsters also get to bypass the behemoth limits.

There is blanket ruling in FAQ for that

obraz.png.6a5cd0bdd29955c126cba8900701d613.png

8 minutes ago, Sception said:

Ah, well.  Again, battleline doesn't matter so much here, so it's not a big deal one way or the other.

At least, it doesn't matter unless the bump the minimum dire wolf unit size up to 10.  Then it suddenly does matter a fair bit.

Lets also consider that faction specific battalions sound like they are going away (in matched play) in favor of "Core Battalions" (per the video this Saturday), so if it is something like "Take one hero and three battleline" or maybe even more battleline to fill out the Core Battalion then that could really play into how to build a list.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, BaylorCorvette said:

I gotta say, it really sounds like Kastelai are exactly how I want to play Gravelords.

The only problem with that is the name. I don't quite know why, but "Kastelai" sounds really lazy a name to me... 

The dream? Buffs that specifically target Blood Knights alone, ideally (but not exclusively) from Vhordrai. Let us hope.

3 minutes ago, Lich King said:

Sounds like Kastellan

wich really sounds like castle xD

31 minutes ago, BaylorCorvette said:

So since you and I are both all about Blood Knights, for the Kastelai bloodline the article focuses on a couple things that I found interesting:

1) These Vampires reside in the Crimson Keep, a magical castle that has a tendency to translocate from place to place. I wonder if it will have a sub allegiance that will allow outflanking Blood Knights similar to the old Battalion, or possibly some sort of other buff. But the translocate mention seems to think it will allow with deploy shenanigan's. 

2) The lord of the Crimson Keep is Prince Vhordrai. Presumably he has to be the General if you take him in this Bloodline. Perhaps if he is your General he makes Blood Knights battleline. Or maybe they are just Battle Line in this allegiance to begin with.

3) The well-drilled Kastelai cavalry values feats of skill and strength in combat and they become even stronger as the blood begins to flow. I assume this bloodline gives buffs to Blood Knights if they've killed something or attack a unit that is wounded or has taken casulties. 

1) maybe but i feel like that is going to be a battalion instead. 
2) obviously but i hope  dont have to take him, i am a bit bored by dragon lords (even though vhordrai is a bit special in my heart, hope they make his spell more reliable).
3)i am extreamely hyped to hear how they work, hope they get some kind of frenzy 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Thamalys said:

The only problem with that is the name. I don't quite know why, but "Kastelai" sounds really lazy a name to me... 

The dream? Buffs that specifically target Blood Knights alone, ideally (but not exclusively) from Vhordrai. Let us hope.

5 minutes ago, Lich King said:

Sounds like Kastellan

Kastellan, castle and a bunch of other words share the same latin root. It seems GW likes to go pseudo-latin and -greek with Death stuff, and since Vhordrai's boys are all about that Castlevania castle it makes sense. Still, not super original.

Just now, JustAsPlanned said:

I really like how they made the new Dynasty names sound. All the -ii’s and the use of emphasis on consonants makes them sound like some ancient barbarian tribes, which fits really well with the Eastern aesthetic.

it is more like latin but whatever

I'm wholly undecided how I'm going to build my SG.  I put in for one of everything going up for preorder.  Once the tome is out I can hone in on what I'm doing.  I like the idea of a big blob of skellytons, a big blob of zombies, blood knights, bats, wolves, and that new bat/dragon/vampire lord to lead the way.  I could see myself doubling up on the blood knights depending on rules.  I am really not a fan of the zombie dragon/terrorgheist model so looking to avoid those.  Might be tempted to convert a vamp lord on zombie dragon but not sure what to use....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Feii said:

wholly within - bin writer. 

Don't understand why they don't start using MODELS wholly within more frequently. It is a very nice compromise between wholly within and no restriction. 

I predicted the book would have the same author as HoS months ago, aka "bin guy". The authors are just alternating books lol.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 minute ago, herohammer said:

I predicted the book would have the same author as HoS months ago, aka "bin guy". The authors are just alternating books lol.

Ah yes, our battletome author, the ferocious and terrifying bin guy!

Well, I just hope bin guy is good, whoever they might be. 

I think it's extremely likely that we are getting a second wave of models down the line like LrL got. Vargskry, vargoyl, grave guard that match the new skeletons, maybe even the coveted zombie dragon resculpt for vordrai or a new character. 

Second wave releases just make too much business sense. People buy out the old models and/or get a full army of the new releases and then get re hyped for wave 2 and buy more. Also gives production time to breath. I suspect this will be the new norm for army releases