Soulblight Gravelords News, Rumours and Speculation

Neil Arthur Hotep

1 minute ago, Aren73 said:

Yes, in fact GW have confirmed that LoN will be "retired" and SBG "is the way to go". 

I still don't think it's a direct replacement, but it definitely seems like SBG will be keeping a lot of the LoN dynamics, at least around Gravesites. 

Thanks mate. It was to be expected, I guess. As long as I can use (at least some of) what I have, I accept this. I just hope some "proper" bloodlines (yes, the "boring" vampires of the like of Neferata and Mannfred. Sassy, lethal, elegant creatures. Those ones) will survive nightmares, wolves, rats and whatever craziness is about to materialise. 

2 minutes ago, Thamalys said:

Also, I am mildly nervous about the fact this is probably the last battle tome of AoS 2.0? Are we to assume that AoS 3.0 will change everything and makes this battle tome effectively mute?

Nah, my thought is Slaanesh, LRL & DoK were written with 3.0 in mind as some of their stuff is a little wonky in 2.0, so I suspect Gravelords is also written with 3.0 in mind. I think we will be just fine.

Might hot take now that The Hunger heals D3 each combat phase is that there will no longer be a once per game chalice that does D6.

The great news is we will have rules previews from GW throughout the week, possibly some leaks mid week, if not then by Friday afternoon/evening thanks to New Zealand stuff going up for preorder. Then we will have man who reads books doing a page by page review of the book Saturday morning on YouTube.

11 minutes ago, Thamalys said:

rats and whatever craziness is about to materialise. 

I really hope we‘ll get a corpse vermin swarm (including bat swarms and rat swarms)

However I also hope they didn‘t reprint LoN with new subfaction but made the Gravesite mechanic more interesting to play around. I also wish for a blood token mechanic xD

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Thamalys said:

Same - but then again, that's probably the most sensible way forward, particularly for Death players who have a sizeable collection already. The only re-sculpt I'll buy is the Blood Knights - for now. If they'll come up with other dragons... well, they can have my money. They can keep the VL / monster kitbash, I don't care whether they're insanely good or not.

Let's see what's in the battle tome. Then we'll talk. 

Also, I am mildly nervous about the fact this is probably the last battle tome of AoS 2.0? Are we to assume that AoS 3.0 will change everything and makes this battle tome effectively mute?

I like Lauka Vai a lot, actually, but I really have to see her rules before I go all in on a big center piece.

As for how good the batgletome will be: It's definitely written with AoS 3 in mind at this point and the life span of battletomes does not really correspond to their release timing very much. It just depends whether the early edition jank works out in your favour (DoK) or not (LoN).

8 minutes ago, BaylorCorvette said:

now that The Hunger heals D3 each combat phase is that there will no longer be a once per game chalice that does D6.

I would be 100% ok with that. On a VL, the chalice was useless (5 wounds equal certain death if your opponent wants you dead) . On a VLoZD, it was swingy af. 

On the contrary, D3 back at the end of each combat phase is fantastic, particularly if this applies to the VLoZD & Co. Blood Knights cannot really take advantage of D3 healing... oh wait. Maybe they have more than 3 wounds now? Hold my hand, brothers - the hype is about to shatter this old heart...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

As for how good the batgletome will be: It's definitely written with AoS 3 in mind at this point and the life span of battletomes does not really correspond to their release timing very much.

Ok, I'm inclined to agree and/or trust you, but look at 40K (I know, I know...). The SoB codex was, according to everyone "written with 9Th edition in mind" (it still is a blooming strong codex, by the way), but they are re-doing it this year - less than 12 months from the release of 9Th. What I definitely don't want is a situation like this one...

I mean, I'll jump into any Death battle tome in any case, but still.

Didn’t someone posted 2 weeks ago everything about soulblight? He said also Max unit size of skellies will be 20. Everything of his predictions seemed true till now. And it was before warhammer fest leaks. 
edit: here it is: it was on the 30 of April!! This can’t be random luck.

18AB181E-A2C6-418D-8908-931E44A9B6FB.png

Edited by Erdemo86

22 minutes ago, Erdemo86 said:

Didn’t someone posted 2 weeks ago everything about soulblight? He said also Max unit size of skellies will be 20. Everything of his predictions seemed true till now. And it was before warhammer fest leaks. 
edit: here it is:

Oh, alright, so this is where we are headed... zombies and skellies being very strong. Maybe. Ooof - hordes are not my thing. Give me an elite option!

35 minutes ago, Erdemo86 said:

edit: here it is: it was on the 30 of April!! This can’t be random luck.

Nowhere there does it say that max unit size is 20. They just said that the amount of attacks per model doesn't increase with the size of the unit.

Unless you're talking about a different post by the same guy? 

I'm still gettin book, warscroll cards, blood knights, dire wolves, Lauka/vengo, & mounted wight king, as well as the white dwarf for the anvil of blood rules.  I'll eventually grab the vamp lord, fell bats, & replace my current zombies, but no rush there.  I do like the Vyrkos special characters, but probably won't be picking them up soon, due to cursed city feelbads.  Their faction lore would have to be pretty darn cool to win me over at this point.

Skeletons will be replaced one day, but will wait at least until grave guard get similarly nice new models, & even then grave guard will get replaced first.  I won't even be retiring the skellies when I do replace them, just shifting them officially to my tomb kings, instead of sharing them between both factions.

44 minutes ago, Erdemo86 said:

Yeah but why you want to play 40 if there is no bonus?maybe for reviving potential, but I think 20 will do the same job.

If the 4+ return during the same phase (turn?) rumor is true then 40 is where you will want to be.  Outside Nighthaunt small 20 model units are whipped out by high dice spam or damage output elites in single combat phases.  Model loss is the reason I stopped using skeletons and have been down on those point expensive ghouls.  

2 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

I guess I'll wait for the battletome review before I make any bigger purchase ^^

This.

I have piles of death stuff stretching back to the 90s.  Will get the Book & dice first.  I’ll chill on the rest until a clearer picture is formed.  Was able to hold off on the underworld Warband, can wait until this fall if things and supply chains go bad.  I can easily NOT getting anything else if this book is a fail.  This isn’t my first GW rodeo.

• Like 3

Already specially ordering things through a buddy’s store for discount. When do you think we’ll start seeing things leak from the Battletome - my gather by next weekend if not earlier ..

Edited by Lich King

3 minutes ago, KriticalKhan said:

Has anyone read Dave Annandale's other works? I'd like to know what his track record is like before buying in with the Vai book

Okay-to-good with horror, bad-to-mediocre with anything else.

I didn't especially enjoy his Neferata books.

• Like 2

Ok after see the ugly thing centaur i told myself that i gonna forget vampires.......now after see zombys and skeletons on boxes of 20......i have purchased a fec and skeleton start collecting lol

• Haha 1