Soulblight Gravelords News, Rumours and Speculation

Neil Arthur Hotep

Eh that statline is disappointing...

4 A, 3+, 3+, -1, 2D 

5 wounds, 3+ save

The Hunger now heals d3 wounds. 

No other changes that I can see. I do hope that there is customisation on top of this then for basic vampire lords. 

10 minutes ago, Fellman said:

How is Duvalle
gabsYGKms7WCcfG8.jpg

Kinda disappointed with only 5 wounds. I was hoping that Vamp Lords would have 6+. Heck, my Chaos Lord on foot has 7 wounds! But the 3+ save is nice! Also his spell looks to be casting value of 5 and you pick an enemy unit within 6" (short range though) and they are +1 to be hit. So that's cool!

And as others have said, it appears gravesites are sticking around! Sadly I guess no faction terrain for that.

He is still a underworld model not a regular vampire lord? Normally underworld models are much weaker then other. And a 3+ save is really solid if they get a save after save too.

Edited by Erdemo86
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Causalis said:

I don't think we will see customizable Vamps. Sadly. Because no army out there has any customisation (to my knowledge) that goes beyond a Warlord Trait, Artefact and maybe some bonus ability gained from their subculture. Worse yet that often a specific WT and artefact MUST be taken if you take clan/bloodline/subculte XY. 

I just hope that the bloodlines will get cool and good abilities without an autotake that trumphes all others.

Also I agree that Vamps should get stronger. Bump their points a bit and make them melee powerhouses. Hopefully GW will move away from giving every melee hero the same "3+ 3+ -1 D3 Dmg" statline. The Freeguild guy has it, my Loonboss has it, the Khorne Lord has it, our Vamps have it. Differentiate them! 

5 hours ago, Aren73 said:

Mount traits are a level of customisation that some armies have so there's that. It's not wild to think that we could get vampire powers. 

GW just needs to pick one of those and go with it. Either give us extra levels of customisation or make the vampire lord warscroll stronger. Either is a fine path to take but staying as is would be disappointing.

Ogre Tyrants get to pick a Big Name that gives them a stat boost or extra rule in addition to normal things,

"Meanwhile, in the Mortal Realms, a free city obsessed with purity must form a desperate alliance with the Mother of Nightmares if they’re to blunt a cataclysmic Chaos assault in A Dynasty of Monsters."

Awesome! Vampires on the "good" side for once, nice to see! 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, BaylorCorvette said:

To my knowledge though, no underworlds model have an AoS warscroll card printed from GW (other than the rules posted on the website) is that right? 

My Tzeentch, Khorne, and Stormcast warscroll sets came with physical warscrolls for underworlds bands.

I wonder what reanimated Horror and vial of poor blood stands for ? Really wanna see some warscrollls now, specifically Blood Knights and new Skellies. Hope skellies have a max unit size of 20 and not 40.

Edited by Erdemo86

We could potentially see endless spells or terrain in the second wave but I for one doubt it. 
Gravesites are still in and while 20 skeletons per box is great it also points to them being used in large hordes. 

We may be closer to LoN than I thought previously. 

10 minutes ago, Aren73 said:

We could potentially see endless spells or terrain in the second wave but I for one doubt it. 
Gravesites are still in and while 20 skeletons per box is great it also points to them being used in large hordes. 

We may be closer to LoN than I thought previously. 

Hope youre wrong

1 hour ago, Aren73 said:

"Meanwhile, in the Mortal Realms, a free city obsessed with purity must form a desperate alliance with the Mother of Nightmares if they’re to blunt a cataclysmic Chaos assault in A Dynasty of Monsters."

Awesome! Vampires on the "good" side for once, nice to see! 

Oh sweet summer child lol. 

2 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

But what about the other Vengorians?

Perhaps she was the first and the others have followed in her path. 

It's odd, I'd understand if it was a bloodline thing but seemingly it's just a type of vampire and not a bloodline...

WHOOO!  SKITTLES & ZAMBLES IN BOXES OF 20!

I still won't be replacing all of mine, at least not right away, but boxes of 20 means a lot for the accessibility of the faction to new players.  Ideally they'd also be cheaper than an elite counterpart like Mortek Guard, but even if they're not they at least can't be as bad as chainrasps

• Like 1

Nice to see Gravelords will start going up for preorder next week. I was fully expecting to have to wait until the last weekend of May. Excited for the battletome spoilers we will no doubt see next week. I'm surprised gravesites are still in, though.

Too bad, though, that this wave of releases does not have any of the models I really want. I guess I will pick up the battletome and a vamp lord. I am still busy enough with Cursed City, anyway.

• Like 2

Obviously too early to draw any sensible conclusion, but Duvalle's 3+ save is most welcome. The fact that the hunger heals D3 is also most welcome. 

Can't wait. I just can't wait. 

I apologise if this has been discussed already, but... are we assuming that LoN are being replaced by this battle tome?

1 minute ago, Thamalys said:

Obviously too early to draw any sensible conclusion, but Duvalle's 3+ save is most welcome. The fact that the hunger heals D3 is also most welcome. 

Can't wait. I just can't wait. 

I apologise if this has been discussed already, but... are we assuming that LoN are being replaced by this battle tome?

Yes, in fact GW have confirmed that LoN will be "retired" and SBG "is the way to go". 

I still don't think it's a direct replacement, but it definitely seems like SBG will be keeping a lot of the LoN dynamics, at least around Gravesites. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I guess I will pick up the battletome

Same - but then again, that's probably the most sensible way forward, particularly for Death players who have a sizeable collection already. The only re-sculpt I'll buy is the Blood Knights - for now. If they'll come up with other dragons... well, they can have my money. They can keep the VL / monster kitbash, I don't care whether they're insanely good or not.

Let's see what's in the battle tome. Then we'll talk. 

Also, I am mildly nervous about the fact this is probably the last battle tome of AoS 2.0? Are we to assume that AoS 3.0 will change everything and makes this battle tome effectively mute?

• Like 1