Soulblight Gravelords News, Rumours and Speculation

Neil Arthur Hotep

Supposedly we've seen the full range of new models for this release, so no terrain or endless spells unless they're a repackage of existing kits.  A repackage situation is totally possible - the existing mausoleum kit would wotk well as gravelords terrain, and there are several death themed spells between the malign sorcery and Forbidden Power kits that could be repurposed as gravelord spells.

Or faction terrain and endless spells might be de-emphasized in AoS 3e.  Or they might be bringing some out but they're just not ready now, & we'll get like a campaign or something that adds them a year or two from now.

50 minutes ago, pixieproxy said:

At this point I'm hoping against hope that the Crimson Court get a half decent warscroll so I'll have an excuse to grab the new generic vamp lord

I pulled some old stuff out of storage, and even if the Crimson Court are effectively just generic vampire lords, I'll still have a hard time justifying the new generic vamp model.  Not when I've got like 2 to 3 generic vamps and the entire von carstein family assembled & never painted already.  😛

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Nah, preorders are on saturday, and this saturday's pre-orders were already confirmed as box game and black library stuff.  So pre-orders will be the 15th, 22nd, or 29th, likely with at least a few SG articles on warcom before hand teasing rules, subfactions, etc.

There's enough stuff that it might even be split into two weeks.

Edited by Sception

11 minutes ago, Sception said:

Nah, preorders are on saturday, and this saturday's pre-orders were already confirmed as box game and black library stuff.  So pre-orders will be the 15th, 22nd, or 29th, likely with at least SG articles on warcom before hand teasing rules, subfactions, etc.

Well they mentioned “coming May” so I assume that’s their official release- probably final weekend of month. So perhaps the 23rd preorder most likely 🤷🏼‍♂️

I'd imagine the release will span over a few weeks.

I could see

Week 1: book, cards, dice, wight king, skeletons, bats

Week 2: Half of the characters, rest of the unit kits

Week 3: Rest of the characters

But when they say coming in May we have no idea if "it's all coming in May" or "it starts to come out in May"

10 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

Yeah usually when they say 'coming in...' is almost always the last saturday of that month that preorders start

On one hand, I am excited that they're coming this month, I wasn't expecting that. 

On the other hand, the end of the month seems so far away right now...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Clewzy said:

Maybe they could start teasing the rules and army builds now so that we have an idea of what we are going to go for when the day hits

I have a feeling that this is a sentiment repeated on every faction reveal thread of any faction ever...

Edited by Aren73
Spelling

5 minutes ago, Aren73 said:

I have a feeling that this is a sentiment repeated on every faction reveal thread of any faction ever...

You're not wrong, but it's for good reason. People care about the rules at least in so far as they want to know if their cool new models can do something on the table. I like Kritza, for example, but if he's a 120 points 6" move close combat hero, he's not going in my list.

Realistically, we'll have to wait for the book to be announced for preorder before we can get a good look at the rules from Goonhammer, Sprews and Brews and Man Reads Book.

• Like 1

I usually buy nothing untill i get at least a general sense of something's rules, i guess i could take some bloodknights but i would not go further than that untill i see something, 
I would say that we are getting something next week, like some weapon profile for the bloodknights and such

Edited by Raptor_Jesues
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

You're not wrong, but it's for good reason. People care about the rules at least in so far as they want to know if their cool new models can do something on the table. I like Kritza, for example, but if he's a 120 points 6" move close combat hero, he's not going in my list.

Realistically, we'll have to wait for the book to be announced for preorder before we can get a good look at the rules from Goonhammer, Sprews and Brews and Man Reads Book.

Agreed. 

Some people tend to say that you should enjoy the army and models no matter the rules. However, the rules directly correlate to how usable the unit will be, how long you'll see it on the table and how large or important of a role it will play in the game. 

Blood knights are cool and all but if they hit as hard as wet tissue paper then are they Blood knights really? ;) 

• Like 1

My day one preorder will likely include the models I like and/or am confident will be used in play.

I already have enough Death to cover a 2k legion of blood/nagash so not in need of all of it.

I'm expecting to be ordering 3 boxes of zombies, a box of blood knights (could end up meh but I want 5 just to paint anyway) and the limited edition book, plus hopefully the Vengorian Lord.

New dire wolves are nice, though I already have 10 fenrisian wolves and I'll wait and see how Radukar/Belladamma end up rules wise, though I reckon I'll get one of everything just for the collection eventually.