Soulblight Gravelords News, Rumours and Speculation

Neil Arthur Hotep

1 minute ago, Boar said:

Huh? Often one option is significantly better in those cases, how's that game changer? That they have weapon options, I am missing something?

this could be the case but i find that one of the main problems of the actual build of bloodknights is that they loose a lot of oompf once the charge is done so a full brawl unit could bring something very interesting on the field

1 minute ago, Raptor_Jesues said:

this could be the case but i find that one of the main problems of the actual build of bloodknights is that they loose a lot of oompf once the charge is done so a full brawl unit could bring something very interesting on the field

Hmmm (checks warscroll)... ah they have right now bonus on charge! It's just usually anything lance/spear like is worse option in GW,
But since they have alternate builds they will porbably have options now. Unless... they will get rule to swap weapon profiles during battle, charging with lances and later fighting with swords.

We will see either way in few weeks time.

SHEEEEEET THE BED

HYPE IS REAL

Love these bits, each of which is suggestive of exactly the sort marriage between rules and lore they so deserve. 

As with all their kin, Blood Knights are cursed to crave the fresh vital fluid of the living – even pausing to slake their thirst in the heat of battle.’ Can imagine this being a handicap in some senses, slowing down move for a turn after wiping out enemy for eg, but poss also giving a boost to them whilst they defend their meal.

’Blood Knights assemble themselves into martial orders, each with their own unique traditions.’ Suggestive of bloodlines, wouldn’t be surprised if they bring over existing bloodlines poss improve the less common ones.

The scent of freshly spilt blood drives them into a frenzy of violence.’ Be happy if they had some sort of rule akin to Varghiests or Fell bats, but better obvs.

74597B09-0917-42B5-B003-DF9FA8DFD358.png

Edited by warhammernerd
Dyslexia innit
  • Like 1

So it would appear the Blood Knights have your traditional lances that are good on the charge and poop when you're stuck in combat or swords that don't care whether or not you charged. I reaaaaaally hope that the Blood Knights  have some cool unique warscroll abilities and they just aren't "Vampire Cavalry." I actually really like their attack profile right now, where the only difference between charging and not charging is 1 dmg vs D3, but the rend stays the same. It differentiates nicely compared to most cavalry that are either all about the charge or don't care either way. I would love to see a retreat and still charge, or even a run and still charge. Maybe bump them up to 4 wounds per model and have the unit leader act kind of like Hekatos, where it can issue command abilities and generate the deathless aura. Another cool ability and maybe what @Raptor_Jesues was alluding to is if the Blood Knights had BOTH lances and swords. Meaning they get one weapon profile on the charge and another  weapon profile if they are "stuck" in combat. I would absolutely love that. It gives huge flexibility and I can just picture it now, a large unit of Blood Knights crashing into enemy lines, lances smashing the enemy then the Vampire drops the lance and draws a sword and hacks down even more enemies as they ride through the enemy unit.

Edited by BaylorCorvette

I really want blood knights to be super elite and actually good. Make them 300 points and worth it, give them big damage, 3+ save, and a better aftersave because they are vampires and should be super tough to kill. I don't want them to be reserrectuable just super tough to kill in the first place and hit like a truck when they attack. There is not very many good super elite calvary in the game and I want blood knights to break that trend.

Edited by idn0971
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, warhammernerd said:

Problem has always been that they fall over to anything with the tiniest bit of rend and are absolutely ****** in protracted combat. I don’t want anything broke, but I do want something reflective of them purportedly being the strongest cavalry available. 

I think what I suggested would go a long way. Making the unit leader able to issue Command Abilities and also generate the deathless aura. Then give them retreat and still charge OR dual weapons, allowing them to be effective on both the charge and in combat. I think this would depict pretty well how elite the Blood Knights are. I just hope we don't get a boring watered down Cavalry warscroll for them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sception said:

I don't want to speculate about rules, as that's a way to set ourselves up for disappointment, but these are a pretty big headline model release, so I'd like to think they'll at least ~try~ to make them good.

I agree 100%, just depends on if we get the bin or sin rule writer for our book, lol... 

I’ve been running current blood knight’s a ton in the last year and yeah, they are decimating if you get the charge off. Running them in Swift Death is absolutely baller. No matter how many times I tell my opponent, they always seem surprised when I gleefully fly over their screens and nuke whatever I chose. Hoping Swift death remains as one of the bloodlines, and if so, I suspect it will be the go too.

So this is a bit of a sidetrack from the new Blood Knights.  I just finished reading BR: Teclis last night, and an interesting detail stuck out to me.  While I realize that all things come back with necromancy, they go out of their way with each of the Mortarchs to point out that their mounts are destroyed.  Is this a potential harbinger of new Mortarch models?

1 minute ago, Koradrel of Chrace said:

So this is a bit of a sidetrack from the new Blood Knights.  I just finished reading BR: Teclis last night, and an interesting detail stuck out to me.  While I realize that all things come back with necromancy, they go out of their way with each of the Mortarchs to point out that their mounts are destroyed.  Is this a potential harbinger of new Mortarch models?

I thought Manfred’s survived?

Theres also the slightly less interesting tidbit that Neferata hires Jelsen Darrick to kill some of Manfred's vampires. Although that is before the action kicks off.

Broken realms Teclis was a very bitter pill for me; just got absolutely trounced by high elves.