Soulblight Gravelords News, Rumours and Speculation

Neil Arthur Hotep

I think the Vyrkos BloodBorn will be a unique one off unit just getting an AOS warscroll.  

It’s possible and Im hoping we see an actual unit of 3-5 vampires called Vampire Coven or something and then allowing that unit to take a bloodline and maybe Vrykos BloodBorn will be one bloodline of that, but in general, I think the safer bet is they are a one off unit that may or may not even be in the Gravelord book.

1 hour ago, BaylorCorvette said:

making that a weird unit size

FEC flayers and horrors come in threes... and vargheists too

Maybe they’ll get their own rules, maybe Vargheists get axed and replaced by Vyrkos, since both are bloodcrazed vampires. Or they can be stand ins if their rules are meeh 

1 hour ago, Siphon said:

I think the Vyrkos BloodBorn will be a unique one off unit just getting an AOS warscroll.  

It’s possible and Im hoping we see an actual unit of 3-5 vampires called Vampire Coven or something and then allowing that unit to take a bloodline and maybe Vrykos BloodBorn will be one bloodline of that, but in general, I think the safer bet is they are a one off unit that may or may not even be in the Gravelord book.

That would be a real shame not to have a generic unit of the bloodborn.

It's been on lots of people wofhlosts for ages. With those and some and a unit like the crimson court you actually have the potential of an all vamp army. I would be very disappointed now not to have both in the gravelords book.

8 hours ago, warhammernerd said:

Off topic but also not at all.

DO I BUY CURSED CITY OR SAVE MY MONEY FOR SGL 

What are other people doing? 

I'm in a somewhat similiar situation having managed to get some extra money this month with overtime.

I'm getting cursed city, in part for the alternate models and objectives. Alternate sculpts for stuff like zombies and bat swarms is a big thing for me. My spouse really likes the theme of the game and is more interested in playing a board game than a full tabletop battle, so I'll have someone to play with.

It does mean I might not be able to afford some thing from the big release initially, but I'll get what I can. I've been waiting a long time for these guys.

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

Tbh, the old bat swarm -1 to hit with shooting within 12” is pretty decent. They need a little boost, and hopefully they got a dose of the LRL rules writer and not the Hedonites one... 

The models however have always been hot smoking ****** burgers. Wouldn’t be surprised if the simple upgrade of model isn’t enough to see more of them on the table?

• Like 1

The cursed city box is definitely acting as a "Soulblight starter" for me tbh. Even if the warscrolls for the characters aren't great you can still use them as the generic characters instead. Radukar as a vamp lord, Gorslav as a necromancer, etc. And between the bats, skeletons and zombies it seems like a great start to me.

As an aside, there are 42 'villian' models in the box, and counting the picture on the website that would mean there are at least 6 batswarm models and 6 rat swarm models in the box? Or am I miscounting

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, pixieproxy said:

As an aside, there are 42 'villian' models in the box, and counting the picture on the website that would mean there are at least 6 batswarm models and 6 rat swarm models in the box? Or am I miscounting

You've got it right.  The box includes:

1 Vampire Lord Radukar
1 Necromancer Torgillius
1 (New hero?  Necromancer?) Gorslav
1 (Wight King?  Skeleton Champion?) Halgrim
1 (new unit?) Vargskyr
2 (new unit?) Zombie Ogres
3 (new unit?) Bloodborn
6 bat swarms
6 (new unit?) rat swarms
10 skeletons
10 zombies

Which makes for 42 antagonist models, not counting objectives & tokens, like Torgillius's undead animal friends & a pointing skeleton way marker.  This also doesn't count the hero models, and the death wizard at least also makes for a great necromancer - I like him better than Torgillius myself - so you can probably add him at least to the total model count if you're trying to tally how much of the box can be used for a Gravelords army.

13 minutes ago, pixieproxy said:

This weekend is gonna be exciting, looking forward to what people say about the warscrolls in the box. That of course assumes people are getting this ahead of time to review/have a look at of course.

I'm honestly so excited. Like the most excited I've ever been for AoS! Got an E-voucher waiting on the GW website to get the soulblight tome as soon as its released, checking on here and the community and reddit pages multiple times every day for any news and rumours.... its crazy how hyped I am aha

• Like 1

Leakd points for Cursed City:
Skeleton warriors (10/40): 80/280 points - Battleline
Zombies (10/60): 60/320 points - Battleline
Gorslav (leader), Radukar (leader), Torgillus (leader), Halgrim (leader), Kosargi Nightward (2),Vyrkos bloodborn (3) and Vargskyr: 680  - All unique

• Thanks 1

I'd take the cursed city rules with a grain of salt.  especially in terms of the existing units, they probably don't want to tip their hand on whatever changes the new battletome might make.  Whoever put together the AoS rules for units in the Cursed City box may not even have access to the in-development gravelord battletome rules.

Edited by Sception
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Beliman said:

Gorslav (leader), Radukar (leader), Torgillus (leader), Halgrim (leader), Kosargi Nightward (2),Vyrkos bloodborn (3) and Vargskyr: 680  - All unique

Is that all of them together? Do they need to be taken together?

Also if those are the final points I really hope the battleline units come in 20's. Very unlikely the skeleton box is gonna stay as low as it is right now given GW's prices atm.

Edited by pixieproxy

8 minutes ago, Beliman said:

source?

Just now, Raptor_Jesues said:

source?

Pitched Battle Profile from Cursed City.

6 minutes ago, pixieproxy said:

Is that all of them together? Do they need to be taken together?

Yes. They are all unique and you need to take all of them. But it specifically states that they are separate units.

Honestly I feel this hurts the Vargskyr more as a model than anything else unless it gets a separate release and warscroll in the book itself. The rest of the models can be used as characters of other sorts at least. Gonna have to see tomorrow when the info is out tho.

That 'you have to take them all together' bit is how a lot of the Blackstone Fortress stuff worked, so I'm not surprised by it.

Honestly, though, I expect most of these to see separate unit entries and separate releases, possibly with entirely different rules, in the battletome.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sception said:

That 'you have to take them all together' bit is how a lot of the Blackstone Fortress stuff worked, so I'm not surprised by it.

Honestly, though, I expect most of these to see separate unit entries and separate releases, possibly with entirely different rules, in the battletome.

yeah, expecially the big boy and the bloodborne

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beliman said:

So no point changes. The warscrolls are going to be interesting, then.

1 hour ago, Beliman said:

A somewhat disappointing choice, but the points seem potentially pretty low, considering the usual ~100 points per leader.