455 Vhordrai

435 VLoZD

310 Coven Throne

125 Necromancer

310 6x Vargheists

155 3x Vargheists 

155 3x Vargheists

50 Extra CP or 40 Balewind

That’s what I currently own. And budgetarily speaking, I’m not in a position to add anything for the foreseeable future. Not sure yet if any of the battalions work for me but I could easily drop the Necro to fit one. Also not sure which sub-faction to take.

Am concerned I’m lacking bodies so maybe I can run my Furies as Fell Bats for awhile?

Edited by Televiper11

2 hours ago, Televiper11 said:

455 Vhordrai

435 VLoZD

310 Coven Throne

125 Necromancer

310 6x Vargheists

155 3x Vargheists 

155 3x Vargheists

50 Extra CP or 40 Balewind

That’s what I currently own. And budgetarily speaking, I’m not in a position to add anything for the foreseeable future. Not sure yet if any of the battalions work for me but I could easily drop the Necro to fit one. Also not sure which sub-faction to take.

Am concerned I’m lacking bodies so maybe I can run my Furies as Fell Bats for awhile?

If you don’t want to add something, kastelei will work just fine for you. Take your 3 Heroes and put in your Vargheists. That gives you 1820 points, a necromancer gives you nothing in this list. So 180 points to fill left. Maybe one more unit of Vargheists or 20 Skellies.

Edited by Erdemo86
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, JustAsPlanned said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/05/16/sunday-preview-soulblight-space-marines-and-the-scions-of-mars/

Welp, let’s hope the Wight King doesn’t meet the same fate as the CLoK. Still, at least we get the Cursed City models back!

Could this mean that maybe we can take them separately in an army? Because being forced to play with the full package is a bit sad.

11 minutes ago, Nightseer2012 said:

Start collecting Deathrattle, where the only thing you really “want” right now is the Grave Guard?  I love the mounted Wight King model, but man Wight Kings and Black Knights got hit sooo hard.

I only want the Wight king...

I am curious why they throw that many grave guard at us?

12 minutes ago, Nightseer2012 said:

Start collecting Deathrattle, where the only thing you really “want” right now is the Grave Guard?  I love the mounted Wight King model, but man Wight Kings and Black Knights got hit sooo hard.

You can always swap the riders and turn them into Blood Knights. 

10 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

They know. They realise the absolute gold that Grave Guard are in the book. That box is going to SELL. 

Heck, I'll probably get it. I want some Grave Guard to play and I want that Wight King model because he's beautiful. 

And then I don't know, I can use the black knights for bits? I can chuck them at my opponent to unnerve them before the game? I can add them to the base of my Coven Throne? All the possibilities!

1 minute ago, Nightseer2012 said:

Hm, interesting thought.  What bodies do you suggest, since the actual Blood Knights are obviously going to be rare for the next few weeks.

Vampire Lord from the Zombie dragon set is best - although quite rare

I'm half-tempted to email the GW FAQ adress and ask them whether they forgot to replace the joke warscrolls for Wight Kings and Black Knights with proper versions before release. They are just completely unusable right now. It's not even a case of being slightly outclassed pet choices or something, they legitimately have no role in the army.

Edited by Neil Arthur Hotep
  • Like 6

16 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I'm half-tempted to email the GW FAQ adress and ask them whether they forgot to replace the joke warscrolls for Wight Kings and Black Knights with proper versions before release. They are just completely unusable right now. It's not even a case of being slightly outclassed pet choices or something, they legitimately have no role in the army.

I know that this is a joke but seriously consider doing that. They don’t seem to have much use at all so it’d be interesting to hear what was going on in the designer’s heads when they wrote the Warscroll.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Well Wight king on horsie is cheapest fast hero, and it has 7 wounds. So there could be some role with supporting fast units.

1 minute ago, JustAsPlanned said:

They don’t seem to have much use at all so it’d be interesting to hear what was going on in the designer’s heads when they wrote the Warscroll.

You will hear nothing, it's not their policy to respond. They adress things in FAQ etc. and that's it

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Boar said:

You will hear nothing, it's not their policy to respond. They adress things in FAQ etc. and that's it

They responded to the Slaanesh survey, though not directly addressing the points :)

That's to say, it's definitely worth getting in touch with them if you're disappointed.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

Getting rid of old/underselling stock, especially if they're getting new sculpts in a future wave.

It's presumably why in 40k, Primaris Reivers have ended up in almost every discount/bundle box for the last three years.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Eh...I guess the Wight king has the function of making Grave Guard battleline? That's something. It's a hefty tax for just that but still. 

I might run him just because of that and the model. 

It's not a good reason to field him, but it is a reason. 

46 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I wrote to the AoSFaQ and asked if the Wight Kings and the Black Knights will get a rework because the Warscrolls look unfinished. Also if we can expect the units of Ulfencarn to get seperate points. All put into flowery language to not act like a whiner.

It‘s 2021, we shouldn’t be afraid that with every new Battletome some warscrolls might end up as trash. We‘re customers, not victims of random Warscroll quality 🥲

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Like 6

2 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

I wrote to the AoSFaQ and asked if the Wight Kings and the Black Knights will get a rework because the Warscrolls look unfinished. Also if we can expect the units of Ulfencarn to get seperate points. All put into flowery language to not act like a whiner.

It‘s 2021, we shouldn’t be afraid that with every new Battletome some warscrolls might end up as trash. 

I may send them something similar... since most of my old LoN army was deathrattle, my army took a big hit.

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Enoby said:

They responded to the Slaanesh survey, though not directly addressing the points :)

That's to say, it's definitely worth getting in touch with them if you're disappointed.

Interesting. Just to make one thing clear sending them feedback is something that I absolutely encourage, I just noted that direct response isn't something that you should expect.

• Like 1

I wrote to them on a few points earlier today:

Vhordrai breath attack back to flat 6 at top profile.

VLoZD missing Chalice and Command Ability.

Blood knights retreat and charge. 

Zombies exceeding starting/max unit size.

Pinions effecting secondary target on double cast

And Black Knights being trash.

Edited by Liquidsteel
  • Like 4