Soulblight Gravelords News, Rumours and Speculation

Neil Arthur Hotep

7 hours ago, FeralMulan said:

It certainly seems very positive to the point of going over the top. 

Kind of smacks me of some people who were doing cartwheels no matter what GW showed them and trying to make out like the Black Knight changes are good. 

To be clear, this review isn't that bad but still. 

The main issue with the book is its creativity, it does very few fun and lore-focused things. Yet that's mentioned as a passing note at the end and even put in a positive light like "I'm glad they didn't change much from LoN". 

This review feels less sincere and more like they had an agenda to push like "too many people are negative about the book, let's counteract that". 

Side note, it feels like people's mindset is now that 90% of a book is there to make the faction competitive and 10% is a veneer of flavour to make it fun. That's a bit miserable.

• Thanks 5
  • Confused 2

19 minutes ago, Raptor_Jesues said:

would you reckon that Belladama's exploding 6 spell stacks with the vargheists ability? Because i was considering putting out the coven throne (se exponsive, yikes) for her and some more vargheists

I don't think so. 

Both rules give them "2 hits instead of 1" when you roll a 6. 

That's technically not an extra hit per 6, it just transforms a normal hit to two hits, twice. 

It's a bit like giving a unit the rule "this model's save roll is a 4+" twice. It doesn't do anything to have it repeated.

13 minutes ago, Aren73 said:

I don't think so. 

Both rules give them "2 hits instead of 1" when you roll a 6. 

That's technically not an extra hit per 6, it just transforms a normal hit to two hits, twice. 

It's a bit like giving a unit the rule "this model's save roll is a 4+" twice. It doesn't do anything to have it repeated.

I’d argue that one 6 explodes Into 2 additional hits.

It‘s two separate rules that apply to a hit roll after one another.

The save roll twice is a bad example since that‘s no special rule.

Edited by JackStreicher

16 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

I’d argue that one 6 explodes Into 2 additional hits.

It‘s two separate rules that apply to a hit roll after one another.

The save roll twice is a bad example since that‘s no special rule.

Yea this is how I see it, there's been similar rules for other armies and they've split into 2 additional hits not just 1.

The hit roll of a 6 generates an extra attack from the vargheist ability, but it also triggers grandma wolfs ability.

anyway if the vargeirsts get the double explosion very cool indeed, otherwhise it is still fine, i am more interested on seing it work on my kastelai bloodknights xD
i think this is my list now

KASTELAI DYNASTY
vengorian lord (warlord: Rousing Commander, artifact: fragment of the keep) 280pts

Vengorian lord 280pts
Belladama Volga 200pts
5x Bloodknights 195pts
5x Bloodknights 195pts
5x Bloodknights 195pts
5x Bloodknights 195pts
10x Direwolves 135pts
6x Vargheists 310pts
tot 1985pts

ps. vengorian lord confirmed with 80mm base

Edited by Raptor_Jesues

2 hours ago, Ghoooouls said:

So a blood knight with rousing commander activated can actually never return to 3 wounds then? You effectively give them 4 wounds for a turn and then one of them is stuck at 2 wounds for the whole battle?

I use rousing commander, he takes 3 wounds, then heals 2 up to full health at 3 wounds... but he's taken 3 damage total so he actually still has 1 damage allocated to him and effectively on 2 wounds, because 2 more wounds allocated equals his wounds characteristic and he's slain? Or am I thinking about it wrong and even though he caps at 3 wounds, he can still remove 3 wounds allocated if he rolled a 3?

I'd like to hope this is with a change to damage allocation in 3.0 but I highly doubt it, I think it's just a blatent overlook or is intended.

I think you would heal first at least, as you choose which order to do your  'start' and 'end' of phase stuff, correct?

You're really overthinking it. Rousing Commander only effects your max Wounds Characteristic/HitPoints and not your wounds/damage allocated.

Example:

He has 3 HP MAX and is on 0/3.

He goes up to 4 HP MAX and is on 0/4.

He takes 3 damage and is on 3/4.

He heals 1 damage and is on 2/4.

He loses the buff and is on 2/3.

He dies if he hits 3/3 or 4/4 at any point.

1 minute ago, Liquidsteel said:

You're really overthinking it. Rousing Commander only effects your max Wounds Characteristic/HitPoints and not your wounds/damage allocated.

Example:

He has 3 HP MAX and is on 0/3.

He goes up to 4 HP MAX and is on 0/4.

He takes 3 damage and is on 3/4.

He heals 1 damage and is on 2/4.

He loses the buff and is on 2/3.

He dies if he hits 3/3 or 4/4 at any point.

Well so long as the unit kills something he would heal d3 at least, I was thinking about it in the wrong way in that he can't heal past 3/3 but actually as you say is tokens on the model so let's say he has the buff up for 4 wounds, takes 3 but he kills a model... at the end of the phase he heals d3 let's say i roll a 3, that takes those 3 damage counters off him entirely before his characteristic returns to 3 wounds, correct?

I was super tired and wasn't understanding right lol.

• Like 1

So I've just been looking at the new skeleton warscroll ... Am I missing something ? ... Because this looks like garbage to me

https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Warscrolls/Eng_Deathrattle_Skeletons.pdf

1" range spears .... And only Res models killed in THAT phase? ..... Hmmm ... Thoughts?

Edit ... FFS even bloody goblins get 2" range spears ... ****** this army! ... I'm going home! 🤣😜

Edited by CarkFish
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, CarkFish said:

So I've just been looking at the new skeleton warscroll ... Am I missing something ? ... Because this looks like garbage to me

https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Warscrolls/Eng_Deathrattle_Skeletons.pdf

1" range spears .... And only Res models killed in THAT phase? ..... Hmmm ... Thoughts?

Edit ... FFS even bloody goblins get 2" range spears ... ****** this army! ... I'm going home! 🤣😜

Not missing anything. Very bland hovering near garbage level

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

The Stolen Vitality trait does not heal. 

Our healing abilities like Invigorating Aura "heal wounds allocated". Stolen Vitality doesn't do that. 

The Wounds Characteristic of a unit is entirely different from wounds allocated to a unit. 

Wounds allocated is like a counter, next to the model. You can only allocate as many wounds as the wounds characteristic but wounds allocated doesn't change the wounds characteristic and changing the wounds characteristic doesn't change the allocated wounds. 

A Blood Knight that has 2 wounds allocated at a wounds char. of 3, still has 2 wounds allocated at a wounds char of 4.

A Blood Knight that has 3 wounds allocated at a wounds char. of 4, still has 3 wounds allocated at a wounds char of 3. 

Yes, Blood Knights can die when they lose Stolen Vitality. 

Edited by Aren73

1 minute ago, Aren73 said:

The Stole Vitality trait does not heal. 

Our healing abilities like Invigorating Aura "heal wounds allocated". Stolen Vitality doesn't do that. 

The Wounds Characteristic of a unit is entirely different from "wounds allocated" to a unit. 

Wounds allocated is like a counter, next to the model. You can only allocate as many wounds as the wounds characteristic but wounds allocated doesn't change the wounds characteristic and changing the wounds characteristic doesn't change the allocated wounds. 

A Blood Knight that has 2 wounds allocated at a wounds char. of 3, still has 2 wounds allocated at a wounds char of 4.

A Blood Knight that has 3 wounds allocated at a wounds char. of 4, still has 3 wounds allocated at a wounds char of 3. 

Yes, Blood Knights can die when they lose Stolen Vitality. 

well they would have died anyway, like this there is a chance they can still fight and smash some face

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, CarkFish said:

lets hope that they streamline some stuff (like it seems with merging weapon stats) in 3.0 and spears auto attack on 2 ranks or something like that