Soulblight Gravelords News, Rumours and Speculation

Neil Arthur Hotep

16 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I like the VLoZD in a few subfactions. In Vyrkos he can capture worth 14 models and in Legion of Blood he can be on a 2+ save. Both of those make him worth it over Vhordrai, I think. Vengorian Lord is not too bad either. He's not super expensive with an appropriate attack profile for a hero of his point cost. The main advantages I see for him is his rend decreasing ability, but he's also fast and can be on a 3+ ignore up to rend -2 save with the Chamon realm artefact. Or rerolling 1s to save from the Shyish one.

I also like that he has a unique difference to the VLoZD.  All of his attacks on his profile are HIS attacks, he technically isn't mounted on anything so traits will effect his whole profile.

No specific terrain, instead we still have grave sites, but they're not as good as before.  No endless spells either.

I really don't want to start getting my hopes up for another wave soon like Lumineth got, It just seems unlikely with /how many/ new kits we just got.  But there are some extremely noticeable gaps here.  No mounted vamp lord, no modeled terrain, no endless spells being only the most noticeable ones.

Then again, maybe they decided that free faction terrain and unique endless spells for every faction was a bad idea and those just aren't going to be things in battletomes going forward, who knows.

If we do get a surprise second book early LRL style, I hope that it's far enough out for them to have heard the feedback on some of the worse units in this book and take the time to fix them.  I'd really like wight kings, black knights, and skeletons in particular to not be, you know... bad.

Edited by Sception
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Sception said:

No specific terrain, instead we still have grave sites, but they're not as good as before.  No endless spells either.

I really don't want to start getting my hopes up for another wave soon like Lumineth got, It just seems unlikely with /how many/ new kits we just got.  But there are some extremely noticeable gaps here.  No mounted vamp lord, no modeled terrain, no endless spells being only the most noticeable ones.

Then again, maybe they decided that free faction terrain and unique endless spells for every faction was a bad idea and those just aren't going to be things in battletomes going forward, who knows.

If we do get a surprise second book early LRL style, I hope that it's far enough out for them to have heard the feedback on some of the worse units in this book and take the time to fix them.  I'd really like wight kings, black knights, and skeletons in particular to not be, you know... bad.

Ah don't...don't get my hopes up. 

I would LOVE a second release wave at this point. I wouldn't even mind paying for the book twice. Especially if they give Vampire Lords more options. 

Did the LRL book mention the missing units in the lore? That could be a sign

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Aren73 said:

Ah don't...don't get my hopes up. 

I would LOVE a second release wave at this point. I wouldn't even mind paying for the book twice. Especially if they give Vampire Lords more options. 

Did the LRL book mention the missing units in the lore? That could be a sign

I would put the chance of us getting ANYTHING new within the next 1-2 years at less than 5%.

Wave 2 would be great because we have many gaps:

Terrain

Endless spells

Vyrkos elite wolfvampires of cursed city as separate kit

Big zombies of cursed city as separate kit

Vargyrk or vargulf wolf as i call him in separate kit

These are a must and then others options:

Vampire on steed

Vampires troop on foot

• Like 1

Thanks for the feedback! I'm not sure how viable it will be but I'm going to give list 1 a shot. I figured every part of it I will be using to some capacity moving forward so best to get them painted now.

List 1:

Vhordrai

2X 5 Blood Knights

20 Zombies

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BaylorCorvette said:

I would put the chance of us getting ANYTHING new within the next 1-2 years at less than 5%.

I'd put it at a solid 15% instead.  I still think there's a small but reasonable chance of independent releases for some of the cursed city stuff.

Funny, yet somewhat retroactively depressing thought occurs.  The next White Dwarf Magazine is supposed to have updated Anvil of Death rules for Soulblight in it.  Everybody remember to come back here and post your "better than in our battletome" Vampire Lords once the Anvil of Death is available.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guys If I use Rousing Commander, till the end of that batttlephase lets say a unit of BKS get +1 wound, so they are at 4 wounds. And now let’s say one of them is reduced to 1 life now.

phase ends, what happens? Does he die?( I know Hunger can trigger and heal him)

Edited by Erdemo86

3 minutes ago, Erdemo86 said:

Guys If I use Rousing Commander, till the end of that batttlephase lets say a unit of BKS get +1 wound, so they are at 4 wounds. And now let’s say one of them is reduced to 1 life now.

I was thinking the same thing! 

im guessing if they are reduced to 1 wound, they’ll retain the 1 wound. I don’t think they’d be dead. 

I think that is the simplest solution and as intended. 

Makes the BKs that much more durable for that round of combat :) 

11 minutes ago, Aren73 said:

Could somebody give me a quick rundown of what the Anvil of Death is? 

Could it mean more flavourful Vampire Lords?

Anvil of Apotheosis rules introduced in the 2020 General's Handbook allow you to make your own customized heroes for most factions, using a points system.  These characters are even allowed in Matched Play if your opponent or Tournament Planner allows it.  Several White Dwarf magazines have been adding new updates to that creation system, and the next magazine is supposed to contain updated rules for creating new Soulblight Vampires, Necromancers, and White Kings.

So, I just realized how janky Kritza is. When I skimmed his warscroll at first, I read it as "When Kritza dies, he comes back on a 4+." But it's actually "When Kritza dies, from this point foreward, you get a new Kritza every round on 4+." And if those new Kritzas die, you get more chances in the following turns.

What is going on with this book? The jank is really off the charts this time.

EDIT: To be clear, you have a chance to have several Kritzas on the field at one time this way.

Edited by Neil Arthur Hotep
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Nightseer2012 said:

Funny, yet somewhat retroactively depressing thought occurs.  The next White Dwarf Magazine is supposed to have updated Anvil of Death rules for Soulblight in it.  Everybody remember to come back here and post your "better than in our battletome" Vampire Lords once the Anvil of Death is available.

Yeah I'm a little excited for it. Our big competitive tournament group is doing a large scale narrative battle in July where each person gets like 3-4k points and it is going to be a massive (multiple tables/games at once) war. Anvil of Apotheosis characters ARE encouraged and "competitive" lists will be rejected. The point is for all of us competitive people to bring our fluffy BS lists, lol. Right now the plan is all Grand Alliances vs. Chaos.

6 minutes ago, Erdemo86 said:

Pretty sure he dies. Because he has a wounds characteristic of 4 and has taken 3 wounds.  Then after the "buff" wears off he has a wounds characteristic of 3 and has taken 3 wounds, thus one dead Blood Knight.

1 minute ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

So, I just realized how janky Kritza is. When I skimmed his warscroll at first, I read it as "When Kritza dies, he comes back on a 4+." But it's actually "When Kritza dies, from this point foreward, you get a new Kritza every round on 4+." And if those new Kritzas die, you get more chances in the following turns.

Likely to be FAQd/Errata.

5 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Cheese it while you can!;D