Soulblight Gravelords News, Rumours and Speculation

Neil Arthur Hotep

23 minutes ago, Raptor_Jesues said:

wanna go kill some paesants and get blood-high?

Since bossman is shy on orders, might relax and party a bit, before that whole eternal servitude kicks back in... 

🍷🥳👍

• Like 2

I dont want have every rule and tool of the game meanwhile dening every enemy actions and doing a game played in real life for fun a miserable experience for my rival.

Im very happy if they dont change anithing of blood knigth warscroll and give us the same bonus of blood legion in any alegiance with the +1 attack to vampires

51 minutes ago, Televiper11 said:

I hope you do the same if they give Soulblight some similar stuff

I was shocked, when they nerfed my gristlegore 😅

of course the own abilities are more welcome and more balanced than the opponents ones, you know your own weaknesses.

but I‘m very interested how you could play them casually without giving your opponent a handbrake half-throttle feeling...

Edited by Honk

5 hours ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

Agreed, did the name get changed to “Age of Elfmar”?

I won’t be jealous.  GW will still needs to release two more books for other temples and the One Book to Rule them All where Tyrion and Teclis do such an awesome chest bump while standing on Nagashes corpse (after they bro-smashed him) that they merge into one god model that people can get on the game table for $200+.  No joke, playing High Elves is going to be a 5+ book investment.  At least with Death they were a little more subtle with weaving Nighthaunt into it.

2 hours ago, Televiper11 said:

For all complaining about LRL rules, I hope you do the same if they give Soulblight some similar stuff — which I expect they’ll do as they are clearly trying out some new mechanics ahead of 3.0

Whatever Soulblights does get GW will end up nerfing it regardless of merit.  It is a habit that is creepy, weird, and consistent.

On the other hand nothing will be done on the elf end unless it clearly breaks the game at the top tournament levels.  Case in point Eel Force.  Against most army options it is the single most unfun opponent to fight.  Even run-gun-nofight KO is better because they lose on VP.  GW after ignoring it completely for so long decide to raise the point cost of an Eel unit to the SAME as FEC Infernal Flayers.  I still sit and wonder if that is supposed to make them fair or underline how much the Devs seem to hate FEC?

Edited by Evil Bob
  • Haha 1

Well whatever, the edition even has broken in the titel ...

Kinda good thing that the constipated daffodil munchers are back, the more the merrier, fluff wise.
krognos thingy seems to be relatively new stuff in development, maybe wanderer style. 

still praying for Chaosdwarves

46 minutes ago, Evil Bob said:

I still sit and wonder if that is supposed to make them fair or underline how much the Devs seem to hate FEC?

It is hate... the Book kinda sneaked by the great Revisor, but he came down hard after his 3 month hiatus. Still more meta than LoN, soooo

15 hours ago, Honk said:

Kinda good thing that the constipated daffodil munchers are back, the more the merrier, fluff wise.

A bunch of the local old-hammer players are pretty happy too.  Thankfully when they get back this is a group that understands the first rule that showed up in the publications for years.  Even our primary Slaneesh player never pulled the Keeper spam and she even owns the FW model.

Edited by Evil Bob
Kepper wasn’t the word
  • Thanks 1

Discussion of elves usually always dominates the rumours thread, can we not do that here? So sick of elves.

6 hours ago, Televiper11 said:

For all complaining about LRL rules, I hope you do the same if they give Soulblight some similar stuff — which I expect they’ll do as they are clearly trying out some new mechanics ahead of 3.0

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, KK9T said:

Discussion of elves usually always dominates the rumours thread, can we not do that here? So sick of elves.

“Beatings will continue until morale improves.”  Guess my bloodline.

I really wish there were more Death “leaks” or Warhammer Community posts because GW is being stingy with the details.  Particularly if they have any plans to make the re-sculpted winged options viable.  It’s been enjoyable ready all the different thoughts people have.  Although I’m bracing myself for disappointment.  If anything they can save me having to rebase around twenty metal Fell Bats.  That’s a positive.

I'm curious as to the contents of the new skeleton kit on a few things. The first being weapon options. We know they'll have spears or swords but as you can see in these pics, 

Screenshot_20210320-144830_Chrome.jpg.5b4fdd6abece72cb65647b77e32fd9fd.jpg

20210320_115554.jpg.4b945d613727e0e8b0b9a8f8efff7631.jpg

there is either going to be two more options, mace and halberd, or these are champion option. 

I'm leaning towards champion options.  I'm also hoping for a box of 20 like Mortek but think it'll be 10s.

And to top it off, complete helmet or unhelmeted options. 

Sound about right?

45 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

I'm curious as to the contents of the new skeleton kit on a few things. The first being weapon options. We know they'll have spears or swords but as you can see in these pics, 

Screenshot_20210320-144830_Chrome.jpg.5b4fdd6abece72cb65647b77e32fd9fd.jpg

20210320_115554.jpg.4b945d613727e0e8b0b9a8f8efff7631.jpg

there is either going to be two more options, mace and halberd, or these are champion option. 

I'm leaning towards champion options.  I'm also hoping for a box of 20 like Mortek but think it'll be 10s.

And to top it off, complete helmet or unhelmeted options. 

Sound about right?

Good spot. I wonder whether it'll be a bit like the zombies and have a similar rule to the 'improvised weapons' profile for all the hand weapons like swords and maces, but I hope they are different.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Televiper11 said:

Personally, I am acutely aware of the potential for NPE in Gravelords. I think most people remember how hated LoN was ath the hight of it's power. The only reason people don't care as much right now is because the army is mostly out of the public eye.

This is why I hope for a different core mechanic from Gravesites. I think those were not well implemented. Between the free healing and possibility to resurrect whole units, it often feels like it does not matter if you kill a LoN unit or not. It will just be back at full strength next turn, anyway. The other two big strengths of LoN, debuffing and high magic, were also not super fun to play against.

I am hoping for a resurrection mechanic with clearer counter play and a rework of the magic phase for the next edition, where strong magic armies don't shut down weaker magic armies quite so easily.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I think most people remember how hated LoN was ath the hight of it's power. The only reason people don't care as much right now is because the army is mostly out of the public eye.

GDubs playtesting and rules implementation has a longstanding history of being on point...well balanced, fun for all, nicely phrased, just Chefs kiss

the unmovable object (40skellis), the Gristlegore Maw of the Void, Clowncar, 2+/3+ Nagash, eels, skyfire discs... you name it, WWACs buy it

not to mention the unintended ****** ups, like Charnel Throne summoning or Royal Family Battalion or Deathmarch or crimson keep. We invented Keywords, but we don’t use them, and if we do, we don’t somewhere else and then we‘re not sure ourselves, maybe we just print the 2019 points in the 2021 nighthaunt faq, because during HomeOffice you really can’t be bothered.

And then we wonder why sales are a bit tricky and casual AoS players loose interest and friendly even games are tricky to set up ON PURPOSE without being obvious one hand behind back style or houseruling  🙃

enough ranting...

I hope Soulblight hits us as a well designed book, with list variety and cool options and characters and fluff. From Try hard to casual down to funky meme...

please Nagash in your wisdom make it so

So with the new fluff from BR: Teclis do you think its going to be an insurgency of vamps trying to forge out their petty empires with Nagash out of the way or do you think Nagash is now commanding them from the shadows while he reforms?

24 minutes ago, Clewzy said:

So with the new fluff from BR: Teclis do you think its going to be an insurgency of vamps trying to forge out their petty empires with Nagash out of the way or do you think Nagash is now commanding them from the shadows while he reforms?

The former seems pretty plausible as the "here's why Soulblight are coming to the fore all of a sudden" aspect of the battletome, yeah. I'd imagine most of them would be outwardly pro-Nagash though, just... happy to get on with managing their empires in a much more aggressive fashion now they know Nagash isn't watching as closely as he used to. I'm not sure it's strictly necessary but most battletomes do have something like that.

Something like the Hedonites' Godseeker/Pretender/Invader ideological division could characterise the thought of a lot of vampires - with the caveat that they're even more fractious and individual than Slaaneshi champions so it'll be a bunch of constantly shifting and quarrelling power blocs - though this probably won't be reflected in the rules.

Edited by sandlemad
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

The former seems pretty plausible as the "here's why Soulblight are coming to the fore all of a sudden" aspect of the battletome, yeah. I'd imagine most of them would be outwardly pro-Nagash though, just... happy to get on with managing their empires in a much more aggressive fashion now they know Nagash isn't watching as closely as he used to. I'm not sure it's strictly necessary but most battletomes do have something like that.

Something like the Hedonites' Godseeker/Pretender/Invader ideological division could characterise the thought of a lot of vampires - with the caveat that they're even more fractious and individual than Slaaneshi champions so it'll be a bunch of constantly shifting and quarrelling power blocs - though this probably won't be reflected in the rules.

Personally, I could see a situation wbere Katakros and OBR are all like "OK guys, let's get to work putting the boss back together!" and Soulblight just go " How about we don't do that? ".

• Like 2