Broken Realms: Teclis - SPOILER Discussion + Lore Summary

43 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

Indeed. Yet the epic is only good if the victor had to pay deerly to win. In this case the Price is neglectable. LRL just smashed Death utterly without any meaningful downside. Cellenar should have died or Eltharion should have died along with Arkhan.

LRL basically just ran down their checklist and moved on.

The outcome of the story is okay, yet how we got there is the disappointment.

A more satisfying version of what happened:

A whole Region /continent of Hysh becomes uninhabitable due to the forces of death. A whole subfaction of the LRL is eradicated, Celennar dies (but will be reborn in time) and Eltharion is MIA. The LRL took a major hit but were able to banish death for now. And Teclis invokes a grant ritual, sacrificing hundreds of mages to end the Necroquake by invoking a new rune.

- This would be a story of fighting, worries, hardships yet in the end hope prevailed.

The current story was simple Mary-Sueing of the LRL imo. :)

Yeah-nah, sorry bud but your preferred version of events sounds much worse than what GW have written imo, and xking is kinda right you have been pretty damn unreasonable in your criticisms of the LRL stuff and the Stormcast eternals rules,  it doesn't seem like you are seeing things critically but it does come off as a very emotional knee-****** reaction. I wouldn't have said anything normally but those kind of comments from yourself doesn't make TGA a fun place.

Edited by TheDayman
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

35 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

I did say it was good or bad or pass any judgement and yet you still flip out with the same hysteria that characterises most responses here. You prove my point perfectly, thank you. This is the forum lately, I guess.

No because you reduced people's concerns to the point that they're only mad because Nagash lost. It's not about him losing it's how he lost and my concern is that people find it compelling that GW are repating a story told at the start of AOS. 

Compared to Morathi people were singing its praises, here? I'm seeing the writing  tier of space marine supplements. Still, I have to read it for myself.

Edited by shinros
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

For those sad about the demise of Arkhan, he'll probably be back in a shiny new Ossiarch Bonereaper body soon enough. 

This is a pretty safe guess. 

From a business standpoint I cant see that Mortach kit bringing in too much more $$ for Gdubs. It's in a SC that's soon to be non existant with the replacement of the skeleton kit as is. 

Also with Gravelords on the horizon I'd love a new and different take of a Neferata model. 

8 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

This is a pretty safe guess. 

From a business standpoint I cant see that Mortach kit bringing in too much more $$ for Gdubs. It's in a SC that's soon to be non existant with the replacement of the skeleton kit as is. 

Also with Gravelords on the horizon I'd love a new and different take of a Neferata model. 

I actually think this would be likely. They could do new models for the vampires and a new obr model for arkhan 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, TheDayman said:

Yeah-nah, sorry bud but your preferred version of events sounds much worse than what GW have written imo, and xking is kinda right you have been pretty damn unreasonable in your criticisms of the LRL stuff and the Stormcast eternals rules,  it doesn't seem like you are seeing things critically but it does come off as a very emotional knee-****** reaction. I wouldn't have said anything normally but those kind of comments from yourself doesn't make TGA a fun place.

What I wrote is the exact same as GW with more tension.

aha. You are entitled to your opinion. Doesn’t mean I will respect it all. Especially after what you just wrote. About the LRL rules I wrote that the rules are NPE, it‘s not my bad that all the LRL fanboys are in full blown denial and jump to rage fits and hostility as if you attacked them directly,  if someone points out that their faction is harming the game.

Imo TGA would be more of a fun place if most people wouldn‘t try to pretend that everything is awesome like in some fake parallel-universe. Usually you are getting bashed in this forum for even saying something remotely Indictating that what GW just released wasn‘t good. 

Cheers

Jack

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

aha. You are entitled to your opinion. Doesn’t mean I will respect it all. Especially after what you just wrote. About the LRL rules I wrote that the rules are NPE, it‘s not my bad that all the LRL fanboys are in full blown denial and jump to rage fits and hostility as if you attacked them directly,  if someone points out that their faction is harming the game.

Imo TGA would be more of a fun place if most people wouldn‘t try to pretend that everything is awesome like in some fake parallel-universe. Usually you are getting bashed in this forum for even saying something remotely Indictating that what GW just released wasn‘t good. 

Cheers

Jack

Yeah dude, it's definitely everyone else who's being emotional, and you're just spitting the cold hard facts about how the blade of leaping gold is the most powerful artifact in the game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, shinros said:

No because you reduced people's concerns to the point that they're only mad because Nagash lost. It's not about him losing it's how he lost and my concern is that people find it compelling that GW are repating a story told at the start of AOS. 

Compared to Morathi people were singing its praises, here? I'm seeing the writer tier of space marine supplements. Still, I have to read it for myself.

I disagree and am comfortable reducing a lot of the concerns expressed to childish whining because Nagash lost. I think it is because he lost and, moreover, did not lose in a way that strokes their egos. By and large I have not seen criticisms that are worthy of respect. It's not about thinking GW is good or bad - I'm always going to go hard on them, always have, always will - it's about seeing people fly off the handle in the worst examples of nerdrage.

Also, yes, people should read it for themselves because what we are going on here is an extreme bulletpoints version. That again makes the shrieks of outrage all the more undignified because they're not even coming from a halfway informed place. I cannot imagine doing this off a literal fan summary, on the basis that it would be so, so easy for context to change. It's undignified.

You mention BR Morathi, which very notably did not have universal praise but had people howling about Anvilgard being squatted and it being a sign of GW's hateful vendetta against CoS players. They were completely embarrassed about a week later because - and this is my point - throwing a tantrum based off a summary is dumb even above and beyond throwing a tantrum in general.

Edited by sandlemad
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

Cheers

Jack

I originally wrote a long post about how disingenuous your argument is and borderline hypocritical but I honestly feel like drama doesn't belong on these forums and usually people are very welcoming.  All I will say is that it's a shame you don't see the positives of this community as I have.  

---

Moving on, I will point out that getting a short summary of an entire book, you lose some of the nuance of the story.  Something may appear badly written when summarized but actually be descent or good when read it in its full context.  Not exactly the same  same media but I recall in the lead up for Endgame a spoiler summary was released a few weeks prior to the movie and the spoiler reddit was all up in arms about the ending.  Many people calling it badly written and disingenuous to the characters.  Upon seeing the movie, some people came back and said they were wrong previously and in the context of the whole picture, the ending made sense. 

Obviously that may not be the case for everyone here but after Morathi, which I thought was really well done, I'm willing to bet that Teclis will hit the storybeats well enough. 

Edited by King Under the Mountain
  • Like 6

4 minutes ago, King Under the Mountain said:

I originally wrote a long post about how disingenuous your argument is and borderline hypocritical but I honestly feel like drama doesn't belong on these forums and usually people are very welcoming.  All I will say is that it's a shame you don't see the positives of this community as I have.  

Interesting that this is coming from you.

Let‘s stop it here. If you have an issue for which you can write me directly ;)

btw: you guys are just fulfilling g the „bashing part“ of what I wrote, just to hold up the mirror.

anyway. I am still keen to see what the BR Be‘lakor future holds.

Edited by JackStreicher

4 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

Cheers

Jack

Cool, nice of you to show your true colours

I have not seen one 'LRL fanboy' jump into a rage fit, all I've seen is LRL players like Luminethmage and ragest trying to rebuke unreasonable claims from people that haven't even played against the new units yet, if anyone is being hostile it's people like yourself, you seem to enjoy complaining about LRL and Stormcast a lot but never have I once seen you complain about any other 'OP' or 'NPE heavy' faction and if anyone is reacting negatively to what your posting right now, like myself, it's because of things you have said yourself rather than blind loyalty to an army that they play

TGA used to be a place where people were civil, and happy for others when an army they were looking forward to got released, they also actually offered constructive criticism for potentially overpowered rules and releases they thought weren't great. With the LRL stuff you haven't done any of that, you took one look at the rules that were previewed and then screeched NPE, then when people pointed out that you hadn't seen the rest of the warscroll you immediately seemed to take the stance of 'fanboys mad lol, LRL toxic'

Not cool dude

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, TheDayman said:

TGA used to be a place where people were civil, and happy for others when an army they were looking forward to got released, they also actually offered constructive criticism for potentially overpowered rules and releases they thought weren't great. With the LRL stuff you haven't done any of that, you took one look at the rules that were previewed and then screeched NPE, then when people pointed out that you hadn't seen the rest of the warscroll you immediately seemed to take the stance of 'fanboys mad lol, LRL toxic'

Assuming we talk about the latest Release - Fun fact: I had seen all of the Warscrolls as it turns out. And another fun fact: They are NPE, big time.

And how did I screech? Can you hear written words? 
I pointed out how I see the LRL and why they are NPE. And you took it as a personal offense as it seems. Just as I‘ve pointed out.

I never called anyone fanboy back there. It‘s time for you to calm down mate, not cool.

Now back to topic please. This will be my last word on this topic

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, JackStreicher said:

About the LRL rules I wrote that the rules are NPE, it‘s not my bad that all the LRL fanboys are in full blown denial and jump to rage fits and hostility as if you attacked them directly,  if someone points out that their faction is harming the game.

45 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

I never called anyone fanboy back there. It‘s time for you to calm down mate, not cool.

C'mon, man.

Anyway, I think the story's going in an interesting direction, while Nagash might not have been getting big active wins, passively having access to everyone who dies meant his position was super strong. Excited to see what this will mean for GA Death. With both Morathi's betrayal in the last book and this splintering of Death, the theory that Broken Realms leads to the dissolution or a restructuring of the four Grand Alliances seems ever more plausible...

Edited by ShyishBarry
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

Assuming we talk about the latest Release - Fun fact: I had seen all of the Warscrolls as it turns out. And another fun fact: They are NPE, big time.

And how did I screech? Can you hear written words? 
I pointed out how I see the LRL and why they are NPE. And you took it as a personal offense as it seems. Just as I‘ve pointed out.

Okay and that's your opinion, as other people have pointed out in other threads NPE is entirely subjective but you can't seem to realise that and imagine that every hobbyist has the same opinion as your own like this example that was posted in the LRL rules discussion: 

• the LRL do frankly have a stupid and ignorant design philisophy that is disheartening for ANYONE playing against them. Why SOME PEOPLE think that is okay is BEYOND me  

How does that not sound screechy and whiny to you? Also my problem with you isn't that you have an issue with the army's rules it's the fact that you don't offer any constructive criticism on how they could be bettered, instead you just demonise the LRL player base, here's a few things you have said:

• Alitairi.... the powercreep continues, big time. #LuminethCheeseLords The Rest seems fine. I am rather afraid of their ballista. It will surely be broken af. - rumour thread

• And don‘t forget, they also have Artherquarts and totally busted magic support in Teclis. Who the hell wrote the LRL books and thought they would actually improve the AoS experience. It‘s hilarious imo how busted and NPE heavy this army is - Idoneth  Deepkin discussion

• *and ME Spam and Magical dominance and cows with 6A with 5 damage flat. „Not much damage“. Well no matter. Adding more NPE to the army isn‘t good for the game‘s health - rumour thread

• LRL Are already utter unfun to play against without the new units. - rumour thread

•  they're pumped up with special rules like no other faction. During a game they will do their thing while you can try to do your army's thing that is if the LRL won't stop you from doing that without any effort. #FuN - LRL rules discussion

• Tournaments won‘t care. LRL Are killing casual games. - AoS balance discussion

• At some point it is getting hard and if you have to play around every single LRL unit and its tricks. At this point a game is dominated by the bloat of special, unstoppable shenanigans the LRL can pull off. It is all around a feel bad situation. - AoS balance discussion

• The whole of the upcoming LRL (BR Teclis and Warscrolls) have been leaked on fb. No comment. They continue the bs train by increasing the speed of it - AoS balance discussion

•  They are the manifestation of an entire faction that is unfun... I refuse to play against this nonsense of an army that is taking the fun out of the game while turning it to a "look at what I can do: ALL OF IT" nonsense and I will ban them from any tournament (which are semi-competetive) in order for everyone  having a good time not puting up with this.  - rumour thread

In every single one of these comments you don't offer any constructive criticism on how the rules could be improved or made more fair, you just whine and yes the voice in which I imagine these comments to be said does sound screechy, they are the epitome of the sky is falling and you haven't even played a game against the new stuff yet, which for the most part is very glass cannon-y. What these comments do however is make a lot of people who spend a lot of money on their army and a lot of time to make them look cool, look like WAAC power gamers who want to make their opponent rage quit. Warhammer is a social hobby, and comments like the ones you have made on these forums might lose these people games or even friends in some gaming circles, that's why I have an issue with it, so think about how you word things and actually try to offer solutions.

• Like 12

I was expecting that nagash would be defeated if he shows up in this book, maybe even wounded seriously.  But destroyed utterly like this was totally out of expectation, not to mention with so little sacrifice.  Considering that nagash and his army was pushing hard on sigmar's cities and archaon's domain preivously, I wonder why mortal realm needs sigmar and his golden boy? LRL should be able to beat up the chaos easily just like how they end the invasion of nagash.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, HammerOfSigmar said:

I was expecting that nagash would be defeated if he shows up in this book, maybe even wounded seriously.  But destroyed utterly like this was totally out of expectation, not to mention with so little sacrifice.  Considering that nagash and his army was pushing hard on sigmar's cities and archaon's domain preivously, I wonder why mortal realm needs sigmar and his golden boy? LRL should be able to beat up the chaos easily just like how they end the invasion of nagash.

Kind of true. The LRL are the only ones who control an entire realm that is also mostly free of chaos. So they could even have the numbers to smash Chaos out of another realm or even the Allpoints?

@TheDayman yes so what? I‘d expect someone to counter my point of view with reason. Didn‘t happen. I am happy to be proven wrong :)

Would you consider playing against the KRL fun? Seriously? They ruined my gaming day 6 times already.

How would it help the situation if I offered constructive Feedback on the LRL? They‘re a product of a billion GBP company. It would change nothing. And btw no one explained to me with reasonwhy those rules are super okay. The only so called argument was „wait and see“ and „it isn‘t as bad as the dirt we already have“ - no arguments at all unless more NPE isn‘t that bad because it‘s not as much NPE as we already have.

“The Screeching“ was like the „WTF“ Jacky Chan meme. So total screeching. 🤣

About NPE: Yes it is subjective, the reasons for it however are known. So you can Indeed judge a rule from the getgo.

As matters stand I was not wrong at any point you quoted. I stated my opinion, period. If this is too negative e for you because it does not reflect your opinion, then perhaps you should avoid the web, Sir. Or maybe a certain company should install a good quality control, might help.

Edited by JackStreicher

Just now, JackStreicher said:

Kind of true. The LRL are the only ones who control an entire realm that is also mostly free of chaos. So they could even have the numbers to smash Chaos out of another realm or even the Allpoints?

Well, that's no the case. Azyr is the only realm without any chaos taint. From the campaign book everchosen, the archway between hysh and allpoints is still under chaos control(they control the hysh allgate). So this triggers more questions. While the death army invade allpoints successfully and half the LRL army could defeat the death army without much sacrifice, why chaos is still no driven away, at least why LRL did not capture the allgate in hysh. I suspect gw never consider this thing before they decide to end nagash's rampage in this way. Another thing is  from my point of view,  the second war between heaven and death becomes a joke. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

Don't forget this is Teclis' faction we are talking about here. He will find a way to ruin everthing for everyone again soon enough.

• Haha 2

I’ll admit, the summary sounds... not bad, but rather super boring.

Easy victories aren‘t fun, they‘re meaningless (from a perspective of storytelling). Sacrifice gives meaning. Hardship gives meaning.

If the trip to Mordor was a big camping holiday, we wouldn‘t still be talking about LOTR. 

With that being said, I‘ll hold my judgement until I‘ve read the stuff myself. Too often summaries are tainted by the views of the one summarising them.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Don't forget this is Teclis' faction we are talking about here. He will find a way to ruin everthing for everyone again soon enough.

He lacks a supply of nieces to sacrifice, but Im sure he'll find a way around it.

Based on the summary, it is true that LRL victories seem to come  easily, and Death  seems portrayed as too inefficient. The thing is, it didn't need to be writen like this: Manfred or neferata (or both!) could have succeded in their missions since Teclis ultimate victoriy would prevent any dire consecuence that could come from the vampires victories.

Anyway, I'm eager to read how Nagash -fourth- death (or is it fifth?) impacts the setting.

1 minute ago, Jator said:

He lacks a supply of nieces to sacrifice, but Im sure he'll find a way around it.

Based on the summary, it is true that LRL victories seem to come  easily, and Death  seems portrayed as too inefficient. The thing is, it didn't need to be writen like this: Manfred or neferata (or both!) could have succeded in their missions since Teclis ultimate victoriy would prevent any dire consecuence that could come from the vampires victories.

Anyway, I'm eager to read how Nagash -fourth- death (or is it fifth?) impacts the setting.

Interestingly, the latest short story implies that Mannfred did not want to succeed. He actively tried to fail his mission. So in the context of what we know now, I guess he was trying to help the Lumineth get rid of Ol' Skelepope Nagash.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Rachmani said:

I’ll admit, the summary sounds... not bad, but rather super boring.

Easy victories aren‘t fun, they‘re meaningless (from a perspective of storytelling). Sacrifice gives meaning. Hardship gives meaning.

If the trip to Mordor was a big camping holiday, we wouldn‘t still be talking about LOTR. 

With that being said, I‘ll hold my judgement until I‘ve read the stuff myself. Too often summaries are tainted by the views of the one summarising them.

Funny enough I'm reading  LOTR for the first time and I think that is why the summary is bothering me so much.