Mortal Realms collection: stopping immediatly after first pack?

Mortal realms from Hachette has some superb deals especially at the beggining. I'm not interested by the whole collection as I already have some SCE & NH. But I will grab some specific issues in my shop in the future (or order them to Hachette). I did it with Conquest for my DG and my SM armies.

So, the number 1 issue is ou in France, here, today. I grabbed several issues at 2.50€: it's a steal!  3 easy-to-build Sequitors , 10 easy-to-build Chainrasps ,6 Dice ,Plastic Inch-Ruler , Paper Battle Mat...

Now, my question: I assume that it was the same in UK when it launched las year. Hachette offers this deal:

- you can order a subscription, starting with number 2 at 4.99€. they will offer the num 3 (10€ for free, yes!), and some additionnal gifts: glue, tools etc.. .

- you can stop subscription whenever you want even after the first pack (above).

So, basically, you got the next 2 issues (num 2 and 3 + tolls/gifts) for 4.99. 

My idea is to get 2 of them and then stop subscription. Has anybody tried it ? (in UK ?). Didi it work as intended?

2 minutes ago, Perturbato said:

I think you better go to the bookshop and only buy the amount you want

booskshop: issue 2 issue 3 => 15eur no gift

Subscription + cancelation = issue 2 + Issue 3 + 2 GW tools + glue = 4.99eur.

Hence my question about somebody experiencing it ?

16 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

booskshop: issue 2 issue 3 => 15eur no gift

Subscription + cancelation = issue 2 + Issue 3 + 2 GW tools + glue = 4.99eur.

Hence my question about somebody experiencing it ?

I suggest having a read through the terms and conditions of subscribing. If I remember rightly you have to give them a month's notice of cancelling and that's where people have the most horror stories with Hachette. So I would anticipate being subscribed for the first two deliveries at minimum if you tried that. If you want the whole thing it's worth subscribing, I've had no issues with that side of thing for both Conquest and Mortal Realms, but just getting a few issues I would recommend giving the terms and conditions a good long read then work out if you'd prefer to just order the individual issues instead. 

• Thanks 2

You need to give a months notice and your subscription gifts are spaced out so that you end up paying for another 4 deliveries . If you just cancel they will send a debt collector after you . 

of course cancelling in the first place is the hard part with their customer service