Your Model Wishlist for 3.0

7 minutes ago, Mutton said:

1 - Reimagined Chaos dwarfs and/or a new Chaos faction outside of the four main powers.
2 - Fimir
3 - A brand new Destruction faction without any relation to goblins/orcs/ogres/giants.

I'd love for Chaos Duardin to come in and be to the land as KO are to the skies. Huge WW1 style coal/Realmstone belching vehicles that thrive on the sweat of laboured Duardin and enslaved Fomoroids.

Yes Destruction needs something outside of what it has now I agree. The Silent People or indeed even Orion if he ever makes an appearance could take the stage.

5 hours ago, Kitsumy said:

New minis for every non stormcast or daemon army. Dont understand why stormcast and every daemon faction get TONS of new minis while every other faction get 0 new units. And 1 litle useless hero if they are lucky.

Old factions with tons of minis like sersphons. Skavens or cities NEED rework of actual minis, getting ride of finecrap first, not new units.

New factions need 2 new units, not litle heros. In order to flesh out rosters, rigth now most of army need to repeat same 2-4 units several times in order to get to 2k points.

We dont need 10 new armys every year when actual ones arent completed 

When's the last time SCE got anything? In fact, when's the last time non-slaanesh was updated? Also have you seen the LRL and Sons of Behemat? What's potentially looking like a pretty big release for Soulblight? Like I get your frustration at older armies not getting updates, but I don't think SCE and chaos should be the source of your ire.

Also, I agree armies like skaven and seraphon and CoS should 100% get bought in line with current plastics, hopefully they'll get their time soon 🙂

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, DoctorPerils said:

Here's a fyreslayer unit idea:

Rune-slingers, with shields - dual kit with axe and shield

I also like the idea of halberdiers, dual kitted with the old slayers with axe blades on chains  (doom seekers)

Love the idea of shielded Fyreslayers.

• Like 1

This thread is like my head all the time.

I wonder if the x3 duradin lines will get a combined battletome and maybe a few hero or elite units to bind them together as a single force? As was done with Orruks and aeldari in 40k. They all actually compliment each prher very well. 

Otherwise I’d like to see an new monster based race for destruction, maybe fimir or big bugs or clockwork monsters run by mad humans. 

I would love new kit dragons that can be built up to support any faction or realm. Very customiaable along the lines of the Gargants. Maybe one or two sizes?

However, I think AOS 3.0 will kick off with Orks getting a whole new line of models. I would love wyvern riders.

In terms of sigmarines, Sigmar really should open another set of chambers to defend Azyr after Excelsis falls and is renamed Gorkcelsis. To combat destruction he may choose ruination, maybe with lightning golems and mad stuff, or maybe the Covenant chamber. In my over fertile imagination, this is a chamber of Stormcast wannabees, who have signed up to fight and die on the promise of being reborn as proper sigmarines. Sigmar has no choice but to deploy this reserve when Belakor sabotages his Anvil and his realm is threatened. Releasing this would allow existing troop types to get a much needed buff as these guys become a low points alternative. 

I suspect however a new range of human fully mortal troop models wouls have to wait until The Old World drops. I can imagine default fantasy infantry with sepereate shields, healms and weapons on faction specific accessory spruces. So the same infantry spruce but with diferent add ons for Empire, Kislev, Brettonia but also Shyish, Azyr Ghur etc. 

This is a bit like the approach taken with Primaris and 30k marines. 

Finally I want a new set of terrain and engines for sieges. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, edmc78 said:

I wonder if the x3 duradin lines will get a combined battletome and maybe a few hero or elite units to bind them together as a single force? As was done with Orruks and aeldari in 40k. They all actually compliment each prher very well. 

I hope not. I think all three lines could be expanded without to much problem.

KOs are already awesome and they have a lot of new possible units in their background. Their whole concept can be expanded in to many diferent things (sky-mining, pirates, traders/smugglers, etc...).

Gw can do whatever they want with fyreslayers. Anyone can create a new unit for them or change anyt concept to be more "fire-y",  and BAM, that becomes part of fyreslayers: Bonded fire elementals, monsters, new sects, valkyrie dwarven females, chariots, riders, etc...

Dispossessed are the only ones that need a bit of push, but remember that they were part of the great khazalid empire and they shared Chamon with Golemkin (and humans). So, the Lore to be expanded is already there, we just need manpower from GW to go crazy with them.

If elven dudes can have 5 diferent battletomes, I can't see any problem with dwarves having at least 3.

Edited by Beliman
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

My wishlist would be:

for skaven:

old models resculpt/brought back:

clans Skryre:

-Skryre acolytes 

-Walrock engineer

-Arch warlock

-Doom flayers weapon team (reintroduced as Bikes (see total war warhammer 2 dlc: the warlock and the prophet)

-Warpfire thrower weapon team

-Rattling gun weapon team

-poisoned wind mortar weapon team

clan eshin:

-gutter runners

-Nightrunners

-Deathmaster

clans Pestilence:

-Plague monks

-plague censer bearers 

Clans moulder:

-giant rats

-Rat ogres

-rat swarm

-packmasters

-master moulder 

New units:

clans verminus/moulder:

- clawlord on bone breaker rat ogre 

-Stormvermin on Bone-breaker rat ogres

-Clawlord on a faster a bigger moulder monster, like for example a brood horror

clans eshin:

-an elite combat oriented unit like for example, deathrunners in total war.

clans Skryre:

-some sort of new weapon team

-a Doomwheel driven by a warlock engineer (no need for a new model kit, but it would be fun if the regular doomwheel got some kind of a  rule to take a hero)

Clans Moulder:

-a master moulder on a horrifying new gigantic beast of war.

Clans pestilence:

-a immobile priest with a huge cauldron, searching and experimenting on new pestilential found sicknesses.

for beasts of chaos:

-new sculpted  Bullgors,  bullgor hero, dragon ogor shaggoth, razorgors, centigors, and half of the monster of chaos part, would be kinda nice.

As for Dispossesseds:

just add fyreslayers to their range and call it a day.

ps: bring back dwarf warriors, And quarrelers

Edited by Skreech Verminking
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, edmc78 said:

1 hour ago, Beliman said:

I hope not. I think all three lines could be expanded without to much problem.

KOs are already awesome and they have a lot of new possible units in their background. Their whole concept can be expanded in to many diferent things (sky-mining, pirates, traders/smugglers, etc...).

Gw can do whatever they want with fyreslayers. Anyone can create a new unit for them or change anyt concept to be more "fire-y",  and BAM, that becomes part of fyreslayers: Bonded fire elementals, monsters, new sects, valkyrie dwarven females, chariots, riders, etc...

Dispossessed are the only ones that need a bit of push, but remember that they were part of the great khazalid empire and they shared Chamon with Golemkin (and humans). So, the Lore to be expanded is already there, we just need manpower from GW to go crazy with them.

From looking at the pattern that GW has been working towards during this edition it seems that factions has been steadily moved towards where they are set up to have an easy way to get the chamber/temple treatment that Stormcasts and Lumineth has recieved.

Factions are in general moved away from being a very specific path within an overall theme and are instead a part of a greater theme ripe for exploring. So if a specific faction is "narrow" in theme as it stands I wouldn't be surprised if said faction either will get merged with another related faction or be "widened" by adding focus of other themes then the traditional one. Warclans is an example of the first and Lumineth (high elves) of the second.

At least within destruction the older factions has been merged together into a more cohesive factions with more possibilities. Most of the death factions are also set up for it, including the upcoming Gravelords. My knowledge about chaos is limited but the god specific factions are wide open, Slaves also so. Even for Order factions this seems to be the overall case.

The only current released faction that stand out to me is Fyreslayers. Not that it cant be made into a more broader theme, only GW stands in the way of that. There has been plenty of suggestions just within this forum to solve it.

All this pattern gazing has started me pondering of what new, fun and weird sub-factions that can be introduced to Orruk Warclans! 😁

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Printable Scenery said:

A new snotling kit, and a new marauder kit. Those guys are starting to look a little dated these days (the RAMBO marauders that is, not the snotlings). Snotlings because I love Ogres. Actually a new bull kit could be cool!

Do you mean Gnoblars when talking about the Snotlings? The Maruaders definitely could use an updated they could look so badass just look at the SC Slaves to Darkness Chaos Warriors!! 

A new Ogor Bull kit would be amazing. Something more in line with Brutogg Corpse Eater from Cursed City would be exceptional.

On 3/15/2021 at 10:02 AM, Wobbly said:

From looking at the pattern that GW has been working towards during this edition it seems that factions has been steadily moved towards where they are set up to have an easy way to get the chamber/temple treatment that Stormcasts and Lumineth has recieved.

Factions are in general moved away from being a very specific path within an overall theme and are instead a part of a greater theme ripe for exploring. So if a specific faction is "narrow" in theme as it stands I wouldn't be surprised if said faction either will get merged with another related faction or be "widened" by adding focus of other themes then the traditional one. Warclans is an example of the first and Lumineth (high elves) of the second.

At least within destruction the older factions has been merged together into a more cohesive factions with more possibilities. Most of the death factions are also set up for it, including the upcoming Gravelords. My knowledge about chaos is limited but the god specific factions are wide open, Slaves also so. Even for Order factions this seems to be the overall case.

The only current released faction that stand out to me is Fyreslayers. Not that it cant be made into a more broader theme, only GW stands in the way of that. There has been plenty of suggestions just within this forum to solve it.

All this pattern gazing has started me pondering of what new, fun and weird sub-factions that can be introduced to Orruk Warclans! 😁

The Disposessed, Fyreslayers and Kharadron are united only in being dwarves and lacking female models.

Their cultures are quite different.

One a fiery religiously fanatic group trying to collect their fallen god.

One a trading group of atheists* progressing science.

One helping the goldieboys by building the walls of Azyr itself.

They are not one faction. Devoted of Sigmar and Marauders have more similarities. To smash them together would be a grudging all would agree on, and a loss for all the mortal realms.

* Not saying they don't believe in gods, there are just none worth worshipping.

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, zilberfrid said:

The Disposessed, Fyreslayers and Kharadron are united only in being dwarves and lacking female models.

Their cultures are quite different.

One a fiery religiously fanatic group trying to collect their fallen god.

One a trading group of atheists* progressing science.

One helping the goldieboys by building the walls of Azyr itself.

They are not one faction. Devoted of Sigmar and Marauders have more similarities. To smash them together would be a grudging all would agree on, and a loss for all the mortal realms.

While joining these 3 factions together would be technically possible it would be like combining lumineth, idoneth and the remaining aelves of CoS into a single faction. Possible but wasting a lot of potential and cluttering it up, not to mention risking major negative reactions from the factions fans.

Here's my detailed thoughts on existing dwarven/duardin factions in AOS.

• Kharadron has no need to be merged with any other faction as they have a great theme that can be expanded into several directions of so desired.
  • Dispossessed as it stands are not in a bad position within cities of sigmar. They can be developed within that faction or they can be repurposed to be a (small) part for a new faction that is setup for expansion as newer released factions tend to be.
  • Fyreslayers are in a weird position. They are both based on the slayers of old and religious mercenaries trying to "collect" their god. GW needs to decide what they actually want to do with this faction: keep it fairly close to it's slayer roots, go towards the religious mercenaries or add new aspects to it.
    • I would actually say that Fyreslayers are roughly in the same boat as Ironjawz was. They both are fairly limited within their own themes and need to be slightly modified (theme/lore/focus) if they are kept as standalone faction going forwards. Taking fyreslayers more towards the fire/magma or religious theme could solve this but only GW knows what will happen.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Wobbly said:

*snipped to spare scrollfingers*

I completely misunderstood you.

You were noticing a trend, not agreement with that trend, nor that the Dwarf factions are good candidates.

We were both forgetting the Ironweld dwarves, which feel a bit like the bridge between Disposessed and Kharadron and could go either way.

Kharadron seem somewhat well rounded, but if 3.0 reduces shooting effectiveness, they'll be in trouble. I'd would love to see some heavy power armour dwarves jumping out of their ships to duke it out in melee. And add a warscroll for Bugmansson.

If you slap the Ironweld dwarves into Disposessed, added an optional rule for a "Cogsmith in Gyrocopter" hero and gave them some artillery (say a cannon and organ gun kit), they wouldn't be in such a bad spot, with 3x melee infantry, missile infantry, 2 infantry heroes, 2 "cavalry" with accompanying hero, artillery and accompanying hero. Their infantry isn't that distinct, but moreso than Fyreslayers.

Fyreslayers need more. Their sculpts are static, they don't have enough expression on their faces, and they lack variety in sculpts. The Blood Bowl Trollslayer has more expression in pose and face than displayed in the models we have for our fiery friends.

Maybe add a few that have not earned their runes yet, or a few that have gathered a lot more.

I'm unsure. GW's 2d artists can make a feisty Fyreslayer though.

NojD7YS.jpg

200px-Female_Fyreslayer_01 (1).jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zilberfrid said:

You were noticing a trend, not agreement with that trend, nor that the Dwarf factions are good candidates.

Yeah factions should only be merged together if it makes sense for both of them and it makes the whole better then apart. For Warclans, Skaven (they did technically get merged once again), Beasts of Chaos, Mawtribes and Cities of Sigmar it actually creates more opportunities from my point of view, while still maintaining most of the old unique and interesting stuff from them.

It´s a risky avenue to pursue though as you never really know how fans of the faction(s) will react to it. We are all attached to our favourites by sometimes the strangest things and aspects! 😄

1 hour ago, zilberfrid said:

We were both forgetting the Ironweld dwarves, which feel a bit like the bridge between Disposessed and Kharadron and could go either way.

Kharadron seem somewhat well rounded, but if 3.0 reduces shooting effectiveness, they'll be in trouble. I'd would love to see some heavy power armour dwarves jumping out of their ships to duke it out in melee. And add a warscroll for Bugmansson.

If you slap the Ironweld dwarves into Disposessed, added an optional rule for a "Cogsmith in Gyrocopter" hero and gave them some artillery (say a cannon and organ gun kit), they wouldn't be in such a bad spot, with 3x melee infantry, missile infantry, 2 infantry heroes, 2 "cavalry" with accompanying hero, artillery and accompanying hero. Their infantry isn't that distinct, but moreso than Fyreslayers.

Fyreslayers need more. Their sculpts are static, they don't have enough expression on their faces, and they lack variety in sculpts. The Blood Bowl Trollslayer has more expression in pose and face than displayed in the models we have for our fiery friends.

Maybe add a few that have not earned their runes yet, or a few that have gathered a lot more.

I'm unsure. GW's 2d artists can make a feisty Fyreslayer though.

NojD7YS.jpg

200px-Female_Fyreslayer_01 (1).jpg

That trollslayer is fantastic! Good pose, nice texture contrast in the sculpt and enough "plain" areas for great painters to excel. Also female Fyreslayer of that resemblance/character could add much better variety within the range. Not just different proportions but also other slightly different design cues like those long braids to contrast nicely to the males beards. A Fyreslayers army closer to those aesthetics has the potential to look great, especially if their connection with fire/magma would also be enhanced. Think magma golems/elementals/creatures or magma wielding priests or such.

With a KO expansion into more melee focused I would actually like if GW would experiment in changing the design cues slightly. As an example the KO hero in Cursed City I think looks more interesting due to not only being clad in a full suit of armour but also wearing cloth/leather to add spots of interest. Or for that manner really push KO technology as the sane contrast to the confusingly charming Skaven take on technology.

Would a merger between Dispossessed and Ironweld contain enough GW spin to make it worthwhile in their eyes? They do like to make the factions their own by adding small tweaks so that they are (somewhat) recognizable as a GW specific faction/miniature. Adding them to Grungni/Valaya´s potential faction in the sense of going out into the world to reclaim their holds and settle grudges could be cool.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Wobbly said:

Yeah factions should only be merged together if it makes sense for both of them and it makes the whole better then apart. For Warclans, Skaven (they did technically get merged once again), Beasts of Chaos, Mawtribes and Cities of Sigmar it actually creates more opportunities from my point of view, while still maintaining most of the old unique and interesting stuff from them.

It´s a risky avenue to pursue though as you never really know how fans of the faction(s) will react to it. We are all attached to our favourites by sometimes the strangest things and aspects! 😄

That trollslayer is fantastic! Good pose, nice texture contrast in the sculpt and enough "plain" areas for great painters to excel. Also female Fyreslayer of that resemblance/character could add much better variety within the range. Not just different proportions but also other slightly different design cues like those long braids to contrast nicely to the males beards. A Fyreslayers army closer to those aesthetics has the potential to look great, especially if their connection with fire/magma would also be enhanced. Think magma golems/elementals/creatures or magma wielding priests or such.

With a KO expansion into more melee focused I would actually like if GW would experiment in changing the design cues slightly. As an example the KO hero in Cursed City I think looks more interesting due to not only being clad in a full suit of armour but also wearing cloth/leather to add spots of interest. Or for that manner really push KO technology as the sane contrast to the confusingly charming Skaven take on technology.

Would a merger between Dispossessed and Ironweld contain enough GW spin to make it worthwhile in their eyes? They do like to make the factions their own by adding small tweaks so that they are (somewhat) recognizable as a GW specific faction/miniature. Adding them to Grungni/Valaya´s potential faction in the sense of going out into the world to reclaim their holds and settle grudges could be cool.

I am afraid that a merger between Disposessed and Ironweld is not something GW will do, but we can still hope. Perhaps they can be saved by making them a possible inclusion in all dwarven armies (like Stormcast in Cities).

As for giving more diversity to Kharadron and Fyreslayers, I'm always a proponent for that.

Obviously everyone wants more stuff for their factions. As do i ;)

So : which factions i do NOT collect deserve an overhaul? (Ignoring Vampires)

I think it would indeed be skaven or classic orks/new orruk variation.

Skaven would be an awesome starter Army: there is just so much creative range in the fluff and models already. AND we could have funny models again! ( No, gobbos, noone has forgotten about you!)

Orks is just an empty Design space right now: orruk are a small and not too developed new faction, "old" orks are gone and wild orks... Old.

There are other "old" factions out there but they honestly are either not going to happen (CoS, the brayherd part of BoC) or too specific (Ogres, the Monster half of BoC).