Your Model Wishlist for 3.0

Hmmm.

Grugni and Valaya faction is certainly up there for what i'd love to see. Feel were missing the expert craftsman/home and hearth portrayal of duardin. Tech and war are really well covered by both KO and Fyrslayers, so that's what it would take for me to be eyeing a new army to collect.

Ogor wise, replace or retire all the finecast models. Maybe a small release, like even a model or two, for both the Gutbusters and Beastclaw. As well as an Orruk Warclans style book to better flesh out each subgroup, and the mawtribe when they work together.

Big thing for Ogor for me. Define what place grots have in the army. Currently they feel like a useless bolt on. I'd love to see them be less of a unit for gutbusters, and more a resource. Like ammo runts in 40k.  

10 minutes ago, Shankelton said:

Hmmm.

Grugni and Valaya faction is certainly up there for what i'd love to see. Feel were missing the expert craftsman/home and hearth portrayal of duardin. Tech and war are really well covered by both KO and Fyrslayers, so that's what it would take for me to be eyeing a new army to collect.

Ogor wise, replace or retire all the finecast models. Maybe a small release, like even a model or two, for both the Gutbusters and Beastclaw. As well as an Orruk Warclans style book to better flesh out each subgroup, and the mawtribe when they work together.

Big thing for Ogor for me. Define what place grots have in the army. Currently they feel like a useless bolt on. I'd love to see them be less of a unit for gutbusters, and more a resource. Like ammo runts in 40k.  

I agree on replacing all finecast. You could even do a dual kit for the Yehtees and Gorgers. 

Gnoblars need a more defined role, update their models and give them a solid role besides a Horde unit.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I agree on replacing all finecast. You could even do a dual kit for the Yehtees and Gorgers. 

Gnoblars need a more defined role, update their models and give them a solid role besides a Horde unit.

Yup that's most of what I want for gnoblars. Right now they just seem to be useless chaff at the moment, and just making them a "good" chaff unit would just end up annoying some Ogor players who don't want to play a pseudo horde army.

19 minutes ago, Shankelton said:

Yup that's most of what I want for gnoblars. Right now they just seem to be useless chaff at the moment, and just making them a "good" chaff unit would just end up annoying some Ogor players who don't want to play a pseudo horde army.

Honestly I wouldnt be too opposed to them leaving and joining this rumoured Hobgrot army.

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

Honestly I wouldnt be too opposed to them leaving and joining this rumoured Hobgrot army.

Honestly me either, but I do like the lore implications of why Ogors tolerate Gnoblar. That, and the issue of the few gnoblar coming in the ogor gluttons box. That's why I always favored the idea of them being a "consumable" buff like an ammo runt.

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

Nah you can't take my poor ogors' buddies away. Ogors and gnoblars go together like guts and gutplates!

I'd love a Hobgrot army but I think they should have the bigger meaner gobbos and their wolves rather than poaching anything from the ogors. Plus the ogor kits come with so many gnoblars I'm not sure how you could do away with them without replacing the majority of the range. 

What I think gnoblars could use is a cheap junky hero, either a gnoblar chief of some kind or a discount sorcerer (ideally with a chance to blow himself up or something). 

Edited by Shearl
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Shearl said:

Nah you can't take my poor ogors' buddies away. Ogors and gnoblars go together like guts and gutplates!

I'd love a Hobgrot army but I think they should have the bigger meaner gobbos and their wolves rather than poaching anything from the ogors. Plus the ogor kits come with so many gnoblars I'm not sure how you could do away with them without replacing the majority of the range. 

What I think gnoblars could use is a cheap junky hero, either a gnoblar chief of some kind or a discount sorcerer (ideally with a chance to blow himself up or something). 

No of course the Gnoblars should stay!! But like you said a new hero or something would do them wonders, maybe even their own Subfaction if taken with a Maneater or something!! I just hope they flesh them out more, lorewise they are perfect as the tinkerers and fiddlers for the Ogors, alongside being very bad tasting.

• Like 1

Alright going through each faction

Order

Stormcast: Hoping the Brettonian themed stormcast rumor is true, if not more specific characters would be cool!

Cities of Sigmar: New knights and order of azure like in the cursed city box. New free guild units would be good too.

Daughters of Khaine: Personally have no idea. A monster would be really cool, maybe a giant viper.

Fyreslayers: Grimmir. Hope that the fyreslayers get him as their centerpiece model.

Idoneth Deepkin: Crab riders, kraken as a centerpiece and maybe fish familiars that have a function in the army.

Kharadon Overlords: Grungi as their centerpiece. Also war walkers maybe.

Lumineth Realm Lords: Tyrion and phonies dragons.

Seraphon: Full range revamp necron style. New Skinks, Saurus and monster dinosaurs.

Sylaneth: New heroes that symbolize the 4 seasons.

Kurnothi: Full range with a resurrected Orion.

Dark Aelves: Full range, new cold ones, Malerion, Assasins and Executioners.

Chaos

Slaves to Darkness: New multipart chaos warriors and knights kit. New chosen and a monstrous unit.

Skaven: Full range refresh.

Beasts of Chaos: New Gors of all kinds, also dragon ogors.

Blades of Khorne: Plastic Valois daemon prince level like sigvald.

Disciples of Tzeentch: Chaos warrior equivalent for Tzeentch.

Maggotkin of Nurgle: New harbringer of decay and Epedimus.

Hedonites of Slaneesh: Pleasure palaquin? While I’m writing this two new named keepers have been announced.

Death

Flesh Eater Courts: Royal court and knights, also court mage maybe.

Soulblight Gravelords: Skeleton Archers, new centerpiece, new corpse cart and new winged vamp infantry unit.

Nighthaunt: New Hexwraith Calvary kit.

Ossiarch Bonereapers: New archer unit, also a monstrous unit.

Destruction

Orruk Warclans: New ardboys and revamped savage orks.

Gloomspite Gitz: New troggoth hag kit.

Ogor Mawtribes: New ogor infantry kit, frost sabers, yetis and a bunch of other stuff.

Sons of Behemat: 2 named characters, ones a king of gargants and the other ones seer type character.

that’s about it! Sorry if I missed something that you want in your specific faction. 

• Thanks 1

Model wishlist? Stuff for armies I don’t play! Lol. The past few years have seen incredible Chaos stuff, and I am tapped out! Got my Be’Lakor ordered, I was lucky enough to get a guaranteed one with a book, and I’d love to hit pause. 

So give everybody the goblins, the beasts, dinosaurs and free guild! I was everything to come out that isn’t of the five gods of chaos (yeah, the rat now counts). I don’t collect beasts, so go nuts with them. 

18 minutes ago, TimeToWaste85 said:

Model wishlist? Stuff for armies I don’t play! Lol. The past few years have seen incredible Chaos stuff, and I am tapped out! Got my Be’Lakor ordered, I was lucky enough to get a guaranteed one with a book, and I’d love to hit pause. 

So give everybody the goblins, the beasts, dinosaurs and free guild! I was everything to come out that isn’t of the five gods of chaos (yeah, the rat now counts). I don’t collect beasts, so go nuts with them. 

Speak for yourself! :P Tzeentch Mortaaaaaals!!! *spamity spam*

And Skaven! 🥰

.... and it would be fair to see something for Nurgle too.

1 hour ago, HanShot First said:

Alright going through each faction

Order

Stormcast: Hoping the Brettonian themed stormcast rumor is true, if not more specific characters would be cool!

Cities of Sigmar: New knights and order of azure like in the cursed city box. New free guild units would be good too.

Daughters of Khaine: Personally have no idea. A monster would be really cool, maybe a giant viper.

Fyreslayers: Grimmir. Hope that the fyreslayers get him as their centerpiece model.

Idoneth Deepkin: Crab riders, kraken as a centerpiece and maybe fish familiars that have a function in the army.

Lumineth Realm Lords: Tyrion and phonies dragons.

Seraphon: Full range revamp necron style. New Skinks, Saurus and monster dinosaurs.

Sylaneth: New heroes that symbolize the 4 seasons.

Kurnothi: Full range with a resurrected Orion.

Dark Aelves: Full range, new cold ones, Malerion, Assasins and Executioners.

Chaos

Slaves to Darkness: New multipart chaos warriors and knights kit. New chosen and a monstrous unit.

Skaven: Full range refresh.

Beasts of Chaos: New Gors of all kinds, also dragon ogors.

Blades of Khorne: Plastic Valois daemon prince level like sigvald.

Disciples of Tzeentch: Chaos warrior equivalent for Tzeentch.

Maggotkin of Nurgle: New harbringer of decay and Epedimus.

Hedonites of Slaneesh: Pleasure palaquin? While I’m writing this two new named keepers have been announced.

Death

Flesh Eater Courts: Royal court and knights, also court mage maybe.

Soulblight Gravelords: Skeleton Archers, new centerpiece, new corpse cart and new winged vamp infantry unit.

Nighthaunt: New Hexwraith Calvary kit.

Ossiarch Bonereapers: New archer unit, also a monstrous unit.

Destruction

Orruk Warclans: New ardboys and revamped savage orks.

Gloomspite Gitz: New troggoth hag kit.

Ogor Mawtribes: New ogor infantry kit, frost sabers, yetis and a bunch of other stuff.

Sons of Behemat: 2 named characters, ones a king of gargants and the other ones seer type character.

that’s about it! Sorry if I missed something that you want in your specific faction. 

Love this list mate!!

3 hours ago, HanShot First said:

Agree with most of the list, but not this.

Kharadron need no gods.

A special ability that ups the difficulty of prayers near Kharadron heroes would be a lot more welcome than yet another god army. Let them stand out among the religious.

3 hours ago, zilberfrid said:

Kharadron need no gods.

A special ability that ups the difficulty of prayers near Kharadron heroes would be a lot more welcome than yet another god army. Let them stand out among the religious.

I could see that! Just thought he might be the centerpiece as he was in the belakor book.

32 minutes ago, HanShot First said:

I could see that! Just thought he might be the centerpiece as he was in the belakor book.

Oh, everyone can have opinions, I just wanted to highlight what to me is a defining feature of the faction. Apart from being steampunk flying pirating hypercapitalist dwarves, that is.

• Like 2

I'm going to sound a little spoiled as a Slaanesh player with models we have recieved... but Plastic Herald would be nice. Would clear out the rest of our finecast. 

Oh... and

SLAANESHI LORD ON EXALTED MOUNT. Hell, make him a tri kit. Sorcerer on Exalted Mount too. And since Slaanesh clearly lacks named characters, a named lord on mount. Just enough so I can field 8 named characters at 2500

• Like 3

On 4/19/2021 at 8:52 PM, zilberfrid said:

Kharadron need no gods.

I hope that duardins will not have any of their gods as playable miniatures. Grungni as far as I understand sees KO as a faction he always wants to see as duardins. So I think that he could be the protector of the realm instead of the protector of the faction. Plus he always could have gholemkins as his personal faction. As for KO I want them to have more technological advancements that imitates godlike powers and magic.

• Like 1

On 4/20/2021 at 4:45 AM, Carnith said:

I'm going to sound a little spoiled

I feel like you really didn't understand the point of Slaanesh and your army. 😱 You gotta ask for MORE even if Slaanesh had more models than all other factions (in all systems) combined! Work on your attitude if you don't wanna get turned into a spawn! 😎

• Haha 2

I was thinking about how to rework cities of sigmar, considering that many people want Duardin, Nomad and Coven units to go into their own factions. 

I think that a solution that most people would like could be giving the warscrolls away, but keeping the models officially playable as "freeguild", removing the Human keyword from those warscrolls. 

So let's say that you have 10 Dreadspears. Well, you could run them as Dreadspears in "Malerion Hypotetical Faction",  OR mix them with a box of empire spearmen and one of high elf spearmen, and create a unit of 30 Freeguild Militia (/w spears).  Of course this wouldn't apply to iconic/elite units such as Phoenix Guard or Irondrakes. 

Some considerations:

• To encourage race-mixing, GW should release some kits with several races in it. Let's say one of cheap infantry (swords or spears), one of medium infantry (Two handed weapons or halberds) and one of shooters (Bows&Crossbows or Rifles). 
  • This would have the advantage of making playable many old units from High Elves, Wood Elves, Dwarfs... and who knows what else. WFB players could take their Bretonnian peasant bowmen and mix them with Quarrelers and Darkshards. I dunno, it sounds fun to me.
  • Like 1

So for the last 3 years I’ve wrote a small predictions list of what I think we’ll get releases wise with about 60% accuracy... ie: stormcast splash release (which has came true every year) is a fairly easy one to predict that the poster boys will get at least 1 model. Some of it is influenced by my own wish listing ofc which is mainly where most of the inaccuracies lie 🙃 and the early stuff for the year is all but confirmed however here’s my list of predictions/ wish list

Predictions:

general stuff

1.New edition with the end of the broken realms story

2. New edition of underworlds

3. new edition of warcry/ more warbands similar to DoK

4. Possible return of cursed city once they sort out suppliers ect 

5. further removal of FW stuff so they just make HH/ The old world and other side game bits like BB and replacements for FW kits that have survived with new plastic ones and replace everything else resin with a new plastic kit (I think this process has already began with Be’lakor and Kroak) 

Order:

1.Order of Azyr in the new starter box with similar appearance to the knight in Cursed city (hence why they’ve been confused with stormcast in the rumour)

2. Grungi’s dwarves (he’s got busy is broken realms books) 

3. Kurnothi (Kragnos?)

Chaos:

1. Slaves to darkness range update (new furies rumour engine image?) 

2.new Valkia and khorne battletome

Death:

1. FEC named character 

2. Nighthaunt (candles and smoke rumour engine)

Destruction:

1. New Gitmob in the starter edition with lots of wolves, chariots, pump wagons and some artillery potential also mounted on chariots. Lots of crude weapons and bits in the Rumour engine images

2. The silent ones. (rumour engine picture of a insect coming from an egg maybe their terrain is a hatchery? Similar to the Kalaxxi from wow) 

Wishlist (this will mainly be destruction) 

Updates to Orruks:  new ardboys, new unit type for savages to represent the brutes that have gone savage, wyverns with shamans and big bosses, Rokboys (these were mentioned in a book) 2/3 Almost Megaboss sized orruks with loads of armour with a range of weapons (great weapons, dual weapons, shield), new Rogue idol 

Children of the sun eater, huge ogors covered in tattoos and burns, with their sun worshiping grot attendants

more troggoths like the sulphur breath that’s mentioned, bigger dankholds, throgg as their king and a new hag model maybe even their own alligance where you can still take some in GG

uodates to OM: plastic frost sabers, yetis, hero’s and maneaters and a named Overtyrant model and another mounted unit like rhinox and a  mammoth with a howdah of ogors or a throne for the frostlord/ overtyrant

dragonkin just to give destruction some variety rather than Greenskins and pseudo giants, with a range of whelps, young dragons and huge elder dragons maybe with kobold followers to give them some chaff so their different from SoB

Unexplored fantasy’s:

Werewolves, fey, more types of beastmen, golems, tech necromancy, elementals....

• Like 2

Another Khorne player, another request for updated Valkia please. My wallet is ready.

I would like ama exciting new Khorne bloodbound chaos lord in the 2-300 point range, it’s a gap in that range.

For idoneth, my other army, I would like a heavy armour unit, eg crab men. Some endless spells would be fun eg seaweed clumps (slow movement) whirlpools (deal MW to horde units as models are sucked in) lobster pots which kill enemy models but regen Idoneth. More killer octopi 🐙 🐙 🐙 
There is so much potential and fun to be had - transport whales, killer penguins, stunning jelly fish, defense barnacles, sushineth 

Edited by Praecautus
  • Like 1

My skaven wishlist:

a refresh for:

warlock engineers, Skryre acolytes, Every single weapon team, plague monks, plague censer bearers, packmasters, master moulder, giant rats, rat ogre, rat swarm, deathmaster, night runners, gutter runners

new models:

Clawlord on a bone breaker rat ogre,

Stormvermin on bone breaker rat ogre,

a new weapon team like for example the poisoned wind mortar reinvented,

Deathrunners (a clan eshin elite ninja unit, that has its place mostly in combat)

Giant rats with warbomb (basically a Kamikaze rat breed for death), like the pitchen bomb from the empire artifact page of the old world.

New units hero options for already existing models:

Warlock Engineer on (or is it in) a Doomwheel,

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Hypno said:

So for the last 3 years I’ve wrote a small predictions list of what I think we’ll get releases wise with about 60% accuracy... ie: stormcast splash release (which has came true every year) is a fairly easy one to predict that the poster boys will get at least 1 model. Some of it is influenced by my own wish listing ofc which is mainly where most of the inaccuracies lie 🙃 and the early stuff for the year is all but confirmed however here’s my list of predictions/ wish list

Predictions:

general stuff

1.New edition with the end of the broken realms story

2. New edition of underworlds

3. new edition of warcry/ more warbands similar to DoK

4. Possible return of cursed city once they sort out suppliers ect 

5. further removal of FW stuff so they just make HH/ The old world and other side game bits like BB and replacements for FW kits that have survived with new plastic ones and replace everything else resin with a new plastic kit (I think this process has already began with Be’lakor and Kroak) 

Order:

1.Order of Azyr in the new starter box with similar appearance to the knight in Cursed city (hence why they’ve been confused with stormcast in the rumour)

2. Grungi’s dwarves (he’s got busy is broken realms books) 

3. Kurnothi (Kragnos?)

Chaos:

1. Slaves to darkness range update (new furies rumour engine image?) 

2.new Valkia and khorne battletome

Death:

1. FEC named character 

2. Nighthaunt (candles and smoke rumour engine)

Destruction:

1. New Gitmob in the starter edition with lots of wolves, chariots, pump wagons and some artillery potential also mounted on chariots. Lots of crude weapons and bits in the Rumour engine images

2. The silent ones. (rumour engine picture of a insect coming from an egg maybe their terrain is a hatchery? Similar to the Kalaxxi from wow) 

Wishlist (this will mainly be destruction) 

Updates to Orruks:  new ardboys, new unit type for savages to represent the brutes that have gone savage, wyverns with shamans and big bosses, Rokboys (these were mentioned in a book) 2/3 Almost Megaboss sized orruks with loads of armour with a range of weapons (great weapons, dual weapons, shield), new Rogue idol 

Children of the sun eater, huge ogors covered in tattoos and burns, with their sun worshiping grot attendants

more troggoths like the sulphur breath that’s mentioned, bigger dankholds, throgg as their king and a new hag model maybe even their own alligance where you can still take some in GG

uodates to OM: plastic frost sabers, yetis, hero’s and maneaters and a named Overtyrant model and another mounted unit like rhinox and a  mammoth with a howdah of ogors or a throne for the frostlord/ overtyrant

dragonkin just to give destruction some variety rather than Greenskins and pseudo giants, with a range of whelps, young dragons and huge elder dragons maybe with kobold followers to give them some chaff so their different from SoB

Unexplored fantasy’s:

Werewolves, fey, more types of beastmen, golems, tech necromancy, elementals....

I've post also about a Mammoth style unit for Mawtribes, I believe it fits the BCR perfectly and would make for a great centrepiece model.

12 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

My skaven wishlist:

a refresh for:

warlock engineers, Skryre acolytes, Every single weapon team, plague monks, plague censer bearers, packmasters, master moulder, giant rats, rat ogre, rat swarm, deathmaster, night runners, gutter runners

new models:

Deathrunners (a clan eshin elite ninja unit, that has its place mostly in combat)

Giant rats with warbomb (basically a Kamikaze rat breed for death), like the pitchen bomb from the empire artifact page of the old world.

Yes to all this mate. I really hope Skaven get their time in the sun this Edition, hopefully all 'forgotten' Factions do.

Skaven, BOC, Seraphon, Idoneth, Fyreslayers, all of Destruction. 

On 4/23/2021 at 8:53 AM, Skreech Verminking said:

My skaven wishlist:

a refresh for:

new models:

100% Agree. 

I want to add more "crazy" things that I think they will fit with the Skaven mentality (some examples):
Centi-rats: Skaven with 4 legs and 2 arms!! (imagine a Hellpit Abomination but less abomination and more like a centigors).
99810216005_CentigorHerdNEW01.jpg

Chimaerat: No description needed...
Warhammer_Chimaerat.png.08f7c640f33c5e46b2d15be3d710392d.png

We could even have a transport. Something like:
99560108198_TermiteAssaultDrill01.jpg
1200630194_tmnttransportmodule.JPG.148d4b0935064fe731390cc04bf70d8d.JPG

And my favorite: A whole new range of "flying pirate Skavens".
Some conversions, just for the LOLs:
a24de948f44a8795ab40e3d2e99c88c3.jpg

SkavenArmy-Aug15-Image1-1kv.jpg

They are perfect to pair with Grotbag Scuttlers for a new showdown  in Barak-Eight Clouds!

Edited by Beliman

On 4/23/2021 at 9:00 AM, Beliman said:

100% Agree. 

I want to add more "crazy" things that I think they will fit with the Skaven mentality (some examples):
Centi-rats: Skaven with 4 legs and 2 arms!! (imagine a Hellpit Abomination but less abomination and more like a centigors).
99810216005_CentigorHerdNEW01.jpg

Chimaerat: No description needed...
Warhammer_Chimaerat.png.08f7c640f33c5e46b2d15be3d710392d.png

We could even have a transport. Something like:
99560108198_TermiteAssaultDrill01.jpg
1200630194_tmnttransportmodule.JPG.148d4b0935064fe731390cc04bf70d8d.JPG

And my favorite: A whole new range of "flying pirate Skavens".
Some conversions, just for the LOLs:
a24de948f44a8795ab40e3d2e99c88c3.jpg

SkavenArmy-Aug15-Image1-1kv.jpg

They are perfect to pair with Grotbag Scuttlers for a new showdown  in Barak-Eight Clouds!

I remember the Chimerat from White Dwarf!!

I really hope they go ballistic with Skaven whenever they update the range.

I'm really hoping for a Mammoth for Mawtribes now. It would need to be quite a beast to house at least 4 Ogors on board. They could AOSify it as well, give it 4 tusks and 6 legs and make it ravenous for meat.