Your Model Wishlist for 3.0

1 hour ago, edmc78 said:

Wondering today if there will be an Indomitous style special release ahead of the standard three tiers of starter sets? 

Wonder also if a new range of scenery will be launched?

I really hope they do the three tiered sets for AOS as well. Apparently all 3 sold incredibly well for 40K so I'd love the same treatment. 

I'm a massive fan of Scenery and would love if every single Faction got a Terrain piece for 3.0 and then some multi build sets for AOS in general. 

1 hour ago, Phasteon said:

New OBR units: 

- Mortek Archers (battleline)

- Killy Construct (Monster)

- Casket of Souls 2.0 (Artillery / Magic buffer, MW output) 

I think the Archers would be a perfect Wave 2.0 unit and adds some shooting to an Alliance without much. Another monster is sorely needed, mix a Stardrake and a Mega Gargant!!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Phasteon said:

New OBR units: 

- Mortek Archers (battleline)

- Killy Construct (Monster)

- Casket of Souls 2.0 (Artillery / Magic buffer, MW output) 

This lays out my wishes for OBR pretty much perfectly, except maybe for a variant of Killy Monster Construct that can be ridden by a hero. Admittedly, I have a ton of other wishes.

Order:

--Fyreslayer Wave 2, with more visual and design variety. Salamander cavalry, ur-gold imbued constructs, lava-wielders, something, anything other than more naked duardin.

--New Seraphon sculpts, more so that people will stop complaining than because I actually find the old ones bad.

--Shadow Aelves. I know some people are sick of aelves, and that they are overrepresented in terms of factions. I don't particularly care if the Shadow Aelves are cool enough. Hoping for something like Drukhari Mandrakes riding dragons.

--Grungni's faction. Not particular about what it is--could be runelord duardin or gholemkin or something even weirder and further out of left field.

Destruction:

--Grotbag scuttlers would be cool. Maybe a Gitmob revivial. I don't tend to want to play Destruction, so I'm not too fussed about details, but I do hope they get their fair share of attention. Ironjawz wave 2 would also be good.

Chaos:

--My beef with the current chaos stuff is more rules-based than model based. Some kind of Tzeentch Chaos Warrior-equivalent would be cool, as would a better serious monster mount for Slaves to Darkness Lords than the Manticore. Something between that and Dorghar, basically. As some have suggested, a Chaos Dragon would be neat. Any kind of answer to the Stardrake, really.

Death

--Pretty happy here, especially if even half my hopes for Soulblight are realized. There's not a lot that I want that isn't covered with the small number of new Ossiarch units that started my post. What is left is either explicitly confirmed for Soulblight or probably going to be in, so I mostly just hope Soulblight has good rules.

• Like 3

OBR:

Definitely going to echo the calls for archers, arcane support piece, and big monster (not fast & flying, that would be out of character, rather slow & ponderous, with the option to mount a character on, like the old war sphynx).

I'd also like to see an infantry liege (dual kit with the monster, you can put the hero on it or put the hero on foot, again like the old war sphynx), and some sort of chariot or chariot equivalent necromantic nightmare construct.

Nighthaunts:

I'm content with their range & just want new better rules, and chainrasps repackaged in a box of 20 for significantly less than $4 per model.  New models for the pre-end-times oldhammer holdovers would also be nice.

FEC:

either merge them back into gravelords (effectively expanding their roster with dire wolves, bat swarms, fell bats, necromancers, corpse karts, etc), or, preferably, expand their range with their iwn versions of some of the same - a court wizard type courtier spellcaster, some 'elite guard' ghouls with crude weapons, scraps of armor, & more proud & upright postures.  Give them fellbats & dire wolves, & maybe ghouls mounted on the same.  Maybe their own 'banquet wagon' version of the corpse cart concrpt for a mobile buff/sypport piece.  And with Nagash in time out, maybe the Carrion King can finally come out of the shadows to give them a cool named hero faction leader.  But yeah, expand their range, or if not fold tgem back into gravelords.  Obviously new varghulf is needed either way.

Gravelords:

I'm already happy with what we've already seen.  Anything more is just gravey at this point.  Definitely want the skittles & zombies in boxes of 20 priced *no worse* than mortek guard.  I swear, if GW pulls another chainrasp situation I'll be...  well, not surprised, but super disappointed.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Sception said:

OBR:

Definitely going to echo the calls for archers, arcane support piece, and big monster (not fast & flying, that would be out of character, rather slow & ponderous, with the option to mount a character on, like the old war sphynx).

I'd also like to see an infantry liege (dual kit with the monster, you can put the hero on it or put the hero on foot, again like the old war sphynx), and some sort of chariot or chariot equivalent necromantic nightmare construct.

Nighthaunts:

I'm content with their range & just want new better rules, and chainrasps repackaged in a box of 20 for significantly less than $4 per model.  New models for the pre-end-times oldhammer holdovers would also be nice.

FEC:

either merge them back into gravelords (effectively expanding their roster with dire wolves, bat swarms, fell bats, necromancers, corpse karts, etc), or, preferably, expand their range with their iwn versions of some of the same - a court wizard type courtier spellcaster, some 'elite guard' ghouls with crude weapons, scraps of armor, & more proud & upright postures.  Give them fellbats & dire wolves, & maybe ghouls mounted on the same.  Maybe their own 'banquet wagon' version of the corpse cart concrpt for a mobile buff/sypport piece.  And with Nagash in time out, maybe the Carrion King can finally come out of the shadows to give them a cool named hero faction leader.  But yeah, expand their range, or if not fold tgem back into gravelords.  Obviously new varghulf is needed either way.

Gravelords:

I'm already happy with what we've already seen.  Anything more is just gravey at this point.  Definitely want the skittles & zombies in boxes of 20 priced *no worse* than mortek guard.  I swear, if GW pulls another chainrasp situation I'll be...  well, not surprised, but super disappointed.

I agree on Elite Guard units. There is still that Rumour Engine with the upturned Sword that could be FEC. Having a few more armoured Ghouls would better represent their delusion as Knights.

• Like 1

Grotbag Scuttlers are my biggest wish list for the game for a couple of reasons.  I really enjoy insane goblin antics from a story perspective, and the potential shennanigans such a faction would have are boundless and fun.  They would also give the overall setting another flying army to challenge the Kharadrons in the own space, making not even the skies safe.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Koradrel of Chrace said:

Grotbag Scuttlers are my biggest wish list for the game for a couple of reasons.  I really enjoy insane goblin antics from a story perspective, and the potential shennanigans such a faction would have are boundless and fun.  They would also give the overall setting another flying army to challenge the Kharadrons in the own space, making not even the skies safe.

5 hours ago, Vasshpit said:

@Koradrel of Chrace There's a clan of Ironjawz known as "The Skybashas" that are mentioned here and there throughout the book. I think they use stolen Kharadron ships and tech.

30 minutes ago, Beliman said:

Skavens too!

Wet dream:  new box with Grotbag Scuttlers vs KO (second wave). 

Grotbag Scuttlers and KO dual box set with new ships for Kharadron to break in 3.0s new flying engagement rules!! 

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

I would really dig a proper realization of a Royal Court for the Flesh-Eaters.

Carrion King is a prime candidate for a cool army centerpiece.

There are a lot of court appointments that could be great thematic additions to the range:

- Court Mage, on a Hurricanum/Luminark/Corpse Cart kind of vehicle, more of a support for other casters and troops (Corpse cart is already a good  base to expand upon and every proper court needs and advisor in magical matters)

- Confessor, a priest and torturer in one, in charge of debuffing enemies and granting access to prayers (Blisterskin already has priest-like lore and a little madness goes a long way)

- Spymaster, similar to the new Lumineth Loreseeker , a lone agent type of character (Potentially hiding in enemy units, like Grot Fanatics do in friendly ones, until they move on or get discovered)

- Master of the Hunt + Dire Wolves, area denial and backline disruption with fast moving cheap bodies and a leader character that can buff them (Soulblight can keep their rats and bats, give us the meat puppies)

If they are reluctant to add new troop options than these characters could specialize in transforming the existing range into new roles.

• Like 6
  • LOVE IT! 2

On 4/4/2021 at 3:56 AM, romhi said:

- Spymaster, similar to the new Lumineth Loreseeker , a lone agent type of character (Potentially hiding in enemy units, like Grot Fanatics do in friendly ones, until they move on or get discovered)

While I'd love to see the rest, between the insanity that should make it pretty impossible to blend in socially and the whole being-a-ghoul thing that should make it pretty impossible to blend in physically, I don't really see a spymaster sort of character functioning for FEC.

34 minutes ago, Sception said:

While I'd love to see the rest, between the insanity that should make it pretty impossible to blend in socially and the whole being-a-ghoul thing that should make it pretty impossible to blend in physically, I don't really see a spymaster sort of character functioning for FEC.

What if all the spies were bats?

50 minutes ago, Sception said:

should make it pretty impossible to blend in physically

While this is true, in my opinion the madness of this faction is much more potent than people give credit for.

I know it is a stretch, yet if we take this quote from their tome: "they are also the source of contagious madness. Weak minds are quickly turned, but even the strong-willed soon see the king as he sees himself" I could easily picture a high ranking mordant twisting the perception of others around it long enough to sow chaos in their ranks.

Nonetheless I still think it would be a cool concept.

A starter box featuring Seraphon or Cities Of Sigmar/Beastmen or Skaven. I like the look of the new CoS witch hunters and I hope they explore that side of things more for Cities. I'd like to see updated kits for flagellants and other fanatics. Priests, Witch-hunters and the like (Think the Witcher on steriods) 

Death - Vampires

Destruction - Ogres. 

I also think, that perhaps with the exception of one last Duardin faction to represent the more tradional Dward Asthetic and an additional Destruction faction to bring something fresh to the game, I don't think there should be any more factions added.  Having 10 x Order, 7 x Chaos, 5 x Death, 5 x Destruction makes for a total of 17 factions. A clear focus over the coming years of retiring older models, replacing resin could have AoS in a very "complete" state mid AOS 3.0. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Hollow said:

A starter box featuring Seraphon or Cities Of Sigmar/Beastmen or Skaven. I like the look of the new CoS witch hunters and I hope they explore that side of things more for Cities. I'd like to see updated kits for flagellants and other fanatics. Priests, Witch-hunters and the like (Think the Witcher on steriods) 

Death - Vampires

Destruction - Ogres. 

I also think, that perhaps with the exception of one last Duardin faction to represent the more tradional Dward Asthetic and an additional Destruction faction to bring something fresh to the game, I don't think there should be any more factions added.  Having 10 x Order, 7 x Chaos, 5 x Death, 5 x Destruction makes for a total of 17 factions. A clear focus over the coming years of retiring older models, replacing resin could have AoS in a very "complete" state mid AOS 3.0. 

I agree mate. Soulblight, New Duardin and New Destruction and then a break for a year to 18 months at least to retire old sculpts and units and update every existing Faction.

On 3/4/2021 at 7:49 PM, KingBrodd said:

Hey guys thought I'd make a separate thread from the Rumour thread as it seemed people enjoyed the Wishlisting!! So what is on your wishlist for 3.0? New Units for existing Factions, Entirely New Factions?

So, gonna be a wee bit negative by saying really not looking forward to many new models?

Well, that is to say, my bank manager won't be. Current trends are showing massive hikes in costs (look at the recent boxsets) and the only real value comes from those old sets. 

We're struggling to get new blood into the game as the new models RRP are near double from a few years back and don't appear to show signs of bucking that inflation. 

So my wishlist? Anything that's sensibly priced.

Alas, I think it will only be a wish I think.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Mcthew said:

So, gonna be a wee bit negative by saying really not looking forward to many new models?

Well, that is to say, my bank manager won't be. Current trends are showing massive hikes in costs (look at the recent boxsets) and the only real value comes from those old sets. 

We're struggling to get new blood into the game as the new models RRP are near double from a few years back and don't appear to show signs of bucking that inflation. 

So my wishlist? Anything that's sensibly priced.

Alas, I think it will only be a wish I think.

The pricing has always been bad but I do agree. I was more than shocked at the pricing of the Megas. 

On 3/4/2021 at 4:16 PM, PJetski said:

Stormcast
Lord-Commander
Lightning Cannon
Unique units for Stormhosts besides Hammers of Sigmar

Seraphon
Plastic versions of all the resin kits (Slann, Cham Skinks, Kroxigors, Salamanders, Razordons)
Revamp of existing Saurus (Warriors, Knights, Guard, foot heroes)
New Saurus heavy cavalry - riding smaller carnosaurs (or some other aggressive thick dinosaur)
A monster-sized Terradon Denmother with skink crew

Fyreslayers
Magma cannon
Priest riding an animated construct

New Kroak heralds the beginning of my wish list

• Like 1

Sons of behemat need more options/sculpts/units... just anything really... this was the worst faction release ever in my opinion and maybe AoS 3 can fix it.

Iron jaws also need a few more options in their model range.

Another destruction faction with a range and design support similar to LRL.

destruction needs more effort from GW basically.

Edited by C0deb1ue

1 hour ago, C0deb1ue said:

Sons of behemat need more options/sculpts/units... just anything really... this was the worst faction release ever in my opinion and maybe AoS 3 can fix it.

Iron jaws also need a few more options in their model range.

Another destruction faction with a range and design support similar to LRL.

destruction needs more effort from GW basically.

For 3.0 I believe the Sons should recieve a new Mega kit, new Mancrusher kit and either a Terrain or Endless Spell piece. 

3.0 has had rumours of being the era of Destruction, much like 2.0 was for Death. Death recieved 3 new Factions; Nighthaunt, Ossiarch and Soulblight with dozens of kits between them.

Hopefully the same happens for Destruction and we recieve a new Faction for Kragnos and all the current Factions get massive updates. Warclans and Mawtribes in particular. 

• Like 1

So, how you can see from my name here, I want gobbos skypirates.

Since I heard about the rumors about wolves-hobgoblins, I thought they could do a nice faction together, kinda an opposite version of Gloomspite. 

If Gloomspites follow the moon, the new gobbos would be all about the sun.

Gloomspites are dark, creepy goblins... sun goblins would be whacky and chaotic (but not less destructive).

Gloomspite really like their magic and monsters, while new goblins would rely mostly on technology (welcome back Doomdiver catapult and Carts)

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

4 minutes ago, Grotbag Scuttlers When said:

So, how you can see from my name here, I want gobbos skypirates.

Since I heard about the rumors about wolves-hobgoblins, I thought they could do a nice faction together, kinda an opposite version of Gloomspite. 

If Gloomspites follow the moon, the new gobbos would be all about the sun.

Gloomspites are dark, creepy goblins... sun goblins would be whacky and chaotic (but not less destructive).

Gloomspite really like their magic and monsters, while new goblins would rely mostly on technology (welcome back Doomdiver catapult and Carts)

Grots with war machines and tech. The Kharadron to the Fyreslayers.

• LOVE IT! 1