Your Model Wishlist for 3.0

On 3/13/2021 at 5:03 PM, KingBrodd said:

I'm fully hoping that Ogor Mawtribes get their update after Orruk Warclans after the rumours I've heard. 

Hey Brodd what rumors have you heard about new models for the warclans? I've thought for a while now that this year might be the point where we see GW flesh out a lot of the existing factions in AOS rather than releasing a bunch of brand new model lines (LRL wave 2 and Soulblight getting split off from LON seems to support this) just wanted to see if you had heard any juicy bits that I hadnt?

32 minutes ago, Captain Badruk said:

Hey Brodd what rumors have you heard about new models for the warclans? I've thought for a while now that this year might be the point where we see GW flesh out a lot of the existing factions in AOS rather than releasing a bunch of brand new model lines (LRL wave 2 and Soulblight getting split off from LON seems to support this) just wanted to see if you had heard any juicy bits that I hadnt?

A lot I've just heard from Reddit really and random posts here and there so everything should be taken with the smallest pinch of salt that is imaginable!! 

What I did hear is that Warclans will be getting expanded with a few new units for Ironjawz and a possible mounted hero with Endless Spells for the Warclans as a whole. 

• Like 1

On 3/11/2021 at 2:48 PM, KingBrodd said:

Oh what would you like it to be drawn by? Stags? Perhaps Moose?

Oh sure.  I've seen that.  Someone took a mmmm maybe that DoK chariot thingy and had it pulled by 4 stags to make a LC Hurricanum.  I miss great stags and was disappointed GW never did more for them during STorm of Magic and afterwards.  Looks like AoS could be moving towards a good direction for them perhaps?

Or,. Rastabel Rabbits 😉

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

A lot I've just heard from Reddit really and random posts here and there so everything should be taken with the smallest pinch of salt that is imaginable!! 

What I did hear is that Warclans will be getting expanded with a few new units for Ironjawz and a possible mounted hero with Endless Spells for the Warclans as a whole. 

Oh dang well if its legit that would be really cool! are you thinking this might be a pattern for the future then, with updates to existing ranges coming more quickly?

3 hours ago, Captain Badruk said:

Oh dang well if its legit that would be really cool! are you thinking this might be a pattern for the future then, with updates to existing ranges coming more quickly?

I would hope so!! I'm hoping that after the Soulblight are released and there are plenty of Factions in play that GW go back around and update all the existing ones or at least most of them. 

I want to...

Split up Ironjawz and Bonesplitterz to expand Ironjawz into a larger army including:

Warchanter on a baby mawcrusha.

Retire ardboys. Replace them with better models that don’t overlap with Brute so much.

Heavily armored brutes with primaris space marine captain shields.

Some sort of artillery and a chariot.

Take spiderfang grots out of Gloomspite and put them in a new faction with Bonesplitterz. Spiders do not actually have bones so there is a nice loophole to let this happen.

Make a Katakros/St Katherine style diorama model for the new Bone/spider/fang/splitterz.

• Like 4

Gloomspite Gitz - I really want something like the old doom diver and pump wagon to get some GG sauce. I need more goblins doing fun useless stuff like that.  Also my whfb spider riding army really needs some love as well.

Bonesplitters - I think they can use an image other than boar riding orruks or blobs of samey looking batteline units.
Maybe use some kind monster versions of elephants, gorillas, hippos or giant tigers. Since i guess Ironjaws will get the wyverns.

Soulblight Gravelords - Was hoping for new vampires for a while but i guess thats already happening.

Humans - I always liked the whfb human armies - i hope they get some kind of release. Dont like sigmarines at all.

I kind of want my bonesplitters to be reunited with my spider riders but i guess thats never happening again XD.

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Iksdee said:

Gloomspite Gitz - I really want something like the old doom diver and pump wagon to get some GG sauce. I need more goblins doing fun useless stuff like that.  Also my whfb spider riding army really needs some love as well.

Bonesplitters - I think they can use an image other than boar riding orruks or blobs of samey looking batteline units.
Maybe use some kind monster versions of elephants, gorillas, hippos or giant tigers. Since i guess Ironjaws will get the wyverns.

Soulblight Gravelords - Was hoping for new vampires for a while but i guess thats already happening.

Humans - I always liked the whfb human armies - i hope they get some kind of release. Dont like sigmarines at all.

I kind of want my bonesplitters to be reunited with my spider riders but i guess thats never happening again XD.

mZdzTCl7ujiaF52h.jpg

This might tickle your fancy in goblins doing fun stuff. It's officially the blood bowl team, but mostly it's just a designer enjoying themselves with snotlings.

They now need rules for Warcry and/or AoS. I agree with everything else in your post as well.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

mZdzTCl7ujiaF52h.jpg

This might tickle your fancy in goblins doing fun stuff. It's officially the blood bowl team, but mostly it's just a designer enjoying themselves with snotlings.

They now need rules for Warcry and/or AoS. I agree with everything else in your post as well.

Thanks, i missed this somehow XD. Also Grom the Paunch should get a spiritual successor in some way.

1 minute ago, Iksdee said:

Thanks, i missed this somehow XD. Also Grom the Paunch should get a spiritual successor in some way.

Please take a look at the Blood Bowl teams, they are brilliant! I used a Dwarf one in my Kharadron, but as per your request of more modern sculpts of humans:

Blood-Bowl-Nobes.jpg

A lot more obvious Blood Bowl, but I'm magnetizing the hands/arms of all of them to make a nice Frostgrave team.

• Thanks 1

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, NicholasT said:

Take spiderfang grots out of Gloomspite and put them in a new faction with Bonesplitterz. Spiders do not actually have bones so there is a nice loophole to let this happen.

OMG Yes! This would be a great idea!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Iksdee said:

I love the idea of Bonesplitterz getting more Beasts!! They literally hunt them down surely they could *Enslave a few. Beastclaw Raiders use theirs as mounts, Boneslitterz should have theirs draped in heavy chains and shackles.

*Let them fight by their side willingly with no threat of violence or death.

• Thanks 1

To be honest I was never a big fan of separating Or(ru)ks and Gobbos in the first place. It's nice that they did cause they might get more kits than if they stayed together but I for one really liked the mix out of O&G*...I hope there'll be really good ways to field them together in the future.

*always gotta think about Orks and goblins stiring each other up.... that was a fun rule! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MitGas said:

To be honest I was never a big fan of separating Or(ru)ks and Gobbos in the first place. It's nice that they did cause they might get more kits than if they stayed together but I for one really liked the mix out of O&G*...I hope there'll be really good ways to field them together in the future.

*always gotta think about Orks and goblins stiring each other up.... that was a fun rule! 

To me that sounds like a great starting point of a new destruction faction. A mix of goblins, orks and perhaps trolls, the only thing missing is the pitch/angle to make them stand out in the faction crowd of AoS.

Basically destructions take on Cities of Sigmar! 😃

2 hours ago, Wobbly said:

To me that sounds like a great starting point of a new destruction faction. A mix of goblins, orks and perhaps trolls, the only thing missing is the pitch/angle to make them stand out in the faction crowd of AoS.

Basically destructions take on Cities of Sigmar! 😃

Yeah but that's exactly what they used to be.... they simply shouldn't have split them up in the first place.  Or stop relying so much on keywords and buffs so that people can mix/match different factions more freely without gimping themselves. :)

Ok my Main wish list for aos 3 is 

HOBGOBLIN battletome for destruction. Grots but taller and meaner and with some type of warg/Wolf.

CHAOS DUARDIN hopefully still with some elements of infernal machinery 

at least one new HUMAN army hopefully either a devoted of Sigmar type thing  or else a freeguild replacement - preferably also with halflings ogors duardin and aleves mixed in.

and yeah I’d like to see kurnothi and a second wave of orruk warclans 

• Like 2

Splitting roughly by GA:

ORDER

CoS being *digested* into the Human *definitely not High Fantasy WFB Empire and Dwarf* faction, inspired by the new humans from Cursed City and throwing in the dwarves. 

Anvilgard Privateers unique faction getting its place as a nice DElf successor book separate to the eventual Malerion goths. If we split Dwarves into three factions, we can give DElfs the Monster/Pirate faction to go with the inevitably three other factions all spawned from WFB DElves.

And yes I understand that we just got rules to basically field WFB DElves with BR : Morathi and Har Kuron but I want *monster hunters*. I want harpoons.

I just want Idoneth but this time they're wearing black and all speak in awkward cockney accents.

Fyreslayers need something like please GW it's upsetting now.

Calvary, lil drakes, just throw them a bone.

IDK deserve more sea creatures.

There is a pattern here.

I want to remake Pirates of the Carribbean 2 but with various shades of edgy aelf.

Stormcast new chamber focused on a much more grimdark side of the Stormcast - warriors who've lost their souls, thunder spirits - the stuff that's hinted at constantly.

Because hey, Stormcast need something to put in a new starter box.

DEATH 

Ushoran deserves his place in FEC as the character centrepiece and I will fight anyone to the death who says otherwise.

Vampires are already getting love, NH have a fairly sound range for now and OBR are pretty fair at this point - Death fairly won this entire edition, they can sit this one out.

CHAOS

Beasts of Chaos just finally getting a proper update. Give us Morghur, flesh out the Gavespawn, give us the Pestigors and Khornegors. 

STD deserve multipart versions of the SC! Warriors and Knights or at the bare minimum please don't make me awkwardly assemble another Karkadrak just so I can have some Chaos Warriors who are not doing the macrana.

Skaven... Skaven just need a whole lot of love, like Lumineth level of love. Just remake everything that wasn't released in the End Times. 

Except the Screaming Bell and Warp Lightning kits, they're pretty good.

Plague Monks, Clanrats, Acolytes... *Those* Rat Ogres... 

Do it again.

Please do it again.

DESTRUCTION

Spiderfang please GW. The Aracnarok is perfect. It's amazing. Everything else. Bin. Bin it. Please.

Whilst we're on Gloomspite, big Trogg.

Like, big centrepiece sized Trogg. 

I will pay all the pennies for a Trogg who isn't shorter than a daemon prince.

Ironjawz just need something, and by something, I mean a whole lot of stuff that isn't Ardboy, big Ardboy, big Ardboy on Piggy and big Ardboy on Cabbage.

Chariots, Archers, a Meganob equivalent. 

Also please do something with the savage orruks because at this stage I'm confused why GW didn't just squat them?

SoB deserves more equivalents to Knights.

Knights in 40k kinda work because you've got *options*. Give a Mancrusher unit with some kind of range weaponry. Give a Megagargant armour for a big scary boy.

Make King Brodd. 

Also for the love of god please fix the Yhettes and Ghorger for the Ogors.

Just give Destruction love, all of it. 

Theyve earned it.

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

3 hours ago, Morglum StormBasha said:

Ok my Main wish list for aos 3 is 

HOBGOBLIN battletome for destruction. Grots but taller and meaner and with some type of warg/Wolf.

CHAOS DUARDIN hopefully still with some elements of infernal machinery 

at least one new HUMAN army hopefully either a devoted of Sigmar type thing  or else a freeguild replacement - preferably also with halflings ogors duardin and aleves mixed in.

and yeah I’d like to see kurnothi and a second wave of orruk warclans 

HobGoblins would be amazing. Make them the Sun Grots and expand on Rippas Snarlfangs. Make the Wolves/Wargs really feral looking, more like the Wargs from Two Towers than the Hobbit films.

3 minutes ago, Dreddships said:

Splitting roughly by GA:

ORDER

CoS being *digested* into the Human *definitely not High Fantasy WFB Empire and Dwarf* faction, inspired by the new humans from Cursed City and throwing in the dwarves. 

Anvilgard Privateers unique faction getting its place as a nice DElf successor book separate to the eventual Malerion goths. If we split Dwarves into three factions, we can give DElfs the Monster/Pirate faction to go with the inevitably three other factions all spawned from WFB DElves.

And yes I understand that we just got rules to basically field WFB DElves with BR : Morathi and Har Kuron but I want *monster hunters*. I want harpoons.

I just want Idoneth but this time they're wearing black and all speak in awkward cockney accents.

Fyreslayers need something like please GW it's upsetting now.

Calvary, lil drakes, just throw them a bone.

IDK deserve more sea creatures.

There is a pattern here.

I want to remake Pirates of the Carribbean 2 but with various shades of edgy aelf.

Stormcast new chamber focused on a much more grimdark side of the Stormcast - warriors who've lost their souls, thunder spirits - the stuff that's hinted at constantly.

Because hey, Stormcast need something to put in a new starter box.

DEATH 

Ushoran deserves his place in FEC as the character centrepiece and I will fight anyone to the death who says otherwise.

Vampires are already getting love, NH have a fairly sound range for now and OBR are pretty fair at this point - Death fairly won this entire edition, they can sit this one out.

CHAOS

Beasts of Chaos just finally getting a proper update. Give us Morghur, flesh out the Gavespawn, give us the Pestigors and Khornegors. 

STD deserve multipart versions of the SC! Warriors and Knights or at the bare minimum please don't make me awkwardly assemble another Karkadrak just so I can have some Chaos Warriors who are not doing the macrana.

Skaven... Skaven just need a whole lot of love, like Lumineth level of love. Just remake everything that wasn't released in the End Times. 

Except the Screaming Bell and Warp Lightning kits, they're pretty good.

Plague Monks, Clanrats, Acolytes... *Those* Rat Ogres... 

Do it again.

Please do it again.

DESTRUCTION

Spiderfang please GW. The Aracnarok is perfect. It's amazing. Everything else. Bin. Bin it. Please.

Whilst we're on Gloomspite, big Trogg.

Like, big centrepiece sized Trogg. 

I will pay all the pennies for a Trogg who isn't shorter than a daemon prince.

Ironjawz just need something, and by something, I mean a whole lot of stuff that isn't Ardboy, big Ardboy, big Ardboy on Piggy and big Ardboy on Cabbage.

Chariots, Archers, a Meganob equivalent. 

Also please do something with the savage orruks because at this stage I'm confused why GW didn't just squat them?

SoB deserves more equivalents to Knights.

Knights in 40k kinda work because you've got *options*. Give a Mancrusher unit with some kind of range weaponry. Give a Megagargant armour for a big scary boy.

Make King Brodd. 

Also for the love of god please fix the Yhettes and Ghorger for the Ogors.

Just give Destruction love, all of it. 

Theyve earned it.

I agree with everything mate.

I also feel Death won 2.0 in terms of Nighthaunt, Ossiarch and now Soulblight. 3.0 is Destructions time to shine!!

I really wanna see more Troggs and Spiderfan expanded upon, they could have all kinds of Spiders, Trapdoor spiders that lie in wait and pop up from the ground for example.

I also want a massive Troggoth, I didnt realise how small the Dankhold was until I saw one in person. They need a true monster, maybe up to a Mega Gargants chest perhaps? Just a beast, a plastic Troggoth Hag even!!

We all know how I feel about King Brodd, make it happen GW I'll give you so much money and it's a perfect way to expand the range!!

Yehtees, Ghorger, Slaughtermaster, Butcher, Icebrow Hunter, Frost Sabres and even Gluttons please update GW. Make Firebellies a sub Faction and update these kits, even just to change up the rank and file monopose of the Gluttons. 

After just started painting my first Ironjawz Brutes, I'm hoping for new Ironjawz units for 3rd; 

• Ranged unit - Ardboys with crossbows? Brutes throwing big rocks?

• Warmachine - Ballista or Catapult

• Chariot

• Megaboss on Gore Grunta

• Like 1

AOS 3.0 Model Wishlist.

Order
Fyreslayers need some love - please give them something other than naked dwarves... Not clothed ones, but like perhaps some small cav unit or a monster or something like that.  
CoS - I don't have strong feelings about these. I think they need something uniquely Mortal Realms, but I understand the current point of COS is to let people use old models.  
DoK are probably fine as is.  
Deepkin too. They have roughly the same number of units.  
KO could probably do with another basic unit or two.... more battleline choice. But otherwise they are probably OK for now.  
Lumineth are fine now with their second wave.  
Stormcast are fine  
Seraphon could do with a refresh of some older kits like Salamanders and Saurus warriors. Slaan could do with a new multi-kit perhaps. Basically replace all the old resin stuff.  
Sylvaneth - Could do with an extra unit or two just for some more variety. There's really nothing there in the elite slot apart from Kurnoth Hunters. Dryad could do with a refresh but they've aged well. There's many other problems here, but model wise they are OK.  

Chaos
Skaven need a lot of help. Lots of old resin stuff, most of Moulder and Eshin looks terrible and has not aged well. Skryer Acolytes need a new kit desperately. And we need new plague monks. Otherwise, all the newer plastic kits are great, clanrats and stormvermin are still good too.  It's just some of the old characters and smaller stuff like weapon teams, rat ogres, rat swarms etc that need replacement badly.  

Other chaos isn't too bad overall. There's a few old characters that need replacement. The marauders have not aged well at all. Would be nice to get the mulitpart versions of the new warriors and knights finally. 
Beast of Chaos need new dragon ogres, minotaurs etc... Centigors haven't aged well imo and the poor Shaggoth is tiny by modern standards.  

Death 
 We'll see what the new Gravelords end up bringing. Direwolves could use an update, Various vampire heroes need a refresh (hopefully coming soon). I'd like a new Zombie Dragon. Leave the current one for FEC and make more majestic vampire-worthy one. 

Would be nice if NH could get the Mornghoul in plastic instead of coming from Forgeworld. Hexwraiths need a refresh to match the new ghost aesthetic. 
Other than that NH is in a good spot model wise. 
FEC could probably do with a few extra units. Not sure what they would need though? Maybe cavalry or some sort of beast unit like wolves?   
OBR could probably do with another battleline choice. 

Destruction
Honestly don't know enough about them. 
I'd like Troggoths to get fleshed out a tiny bit more.   
Ironjaws need a few more unit options. Like why is there no pig mounted hero?  Maybe some dudes with spears?  
 Orruks in general probably need a full refresh, they feel like they just don't have enough options of variety.

Overall I mostly want skaven updates and vampire updates (which we'll hopefully fully see soon).

One thing I haven'seen mention of, but is a good idea, is to get everything AoS that's salvagable away from Forgeworld.

At this point, I can't recommend anybody to go there for anything AoS*, because they are dropping models quickly and without communication, we probably lose the warscrolls in matched play too if no model exists.

So make a plastic Mournghul, Troll Hag, Squig spitter and whatever else remains.

*Except if like overpaying wildly for Stormcast heads. They do look better than the helmets, but borrowing them from other kits is a lot better.

Edited by zilberfrid

Controversial opinion 

I don't think we should see any new factions introduced for aos apart from destruction factions this edition. 

I counted up the releases for destruction as a whole last night and they've had 20 main game kits since aos released.

They are also the only grand alliance in the game which hasn't had a full new re design released like lumineth, bone reapers hedonites etc

I have a gloomspite army but primarily play chaos factions so this isn't coming from a I only play destruction where are my models. 

At the minimum they need a second wave of iron jawz, a proper bonesplittaz wave and a gloomspite or ogor wave 

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, MrFarson said:

Controversial opinion 

I don't think we should see any new factions introduced for aos apart from destruction factions this edition. 

I counted up the releases for destruction as a whole last night and they've had 20 main game kits since aos released.

They are also the only grand alliance in the game which hasn't had a full new re design released like lumineth, bone reapers hedonites etc

I have a gloomspite army but primarily play chaos factions so this isn't coming from a I only play destruction where are my models. 

At the minimum they need a second wave of iron jawz, a proper bonesplittaz wave and a gloomspite or ogor wave 

I'm very biased but I agree. In 2.0 alone Death got Ossiarchs, Nighthaunt and Soulblight. We did get a revamp of Gloomspite and the Sons but the Sons is only 2 kits one of which is coming up on 20 years old.

I would love a massive Lumineth Wave 2 sized launch for Orruks, a new Troggoth unit and Hero for Gloomspite alongside new Spider Riders for Spiderfang and a Gloomspite style revamp for Mawtribes.