Hedonites Tactica: Idoneth Deepkin

LeonBox

Hey guys, 

I'd like to get your tactical input on dealing with the fishy elves. They're as fast as we are, they (almost all) fly, and they've got that brutal turn 3 Always Strikes First ability. What are you go-to tactics for dealing with them? How do you handle the updated turtle? 

Edited by LeonBox

Okay, i must say i didn't Play against ID but here are some Mayor Ideas:

1. ID often come with multiple Small Units, MSU, so it must be posibel too cause many Wounds on different Units for DP.

2. Correct me if i am wrong but ID didnt have the best Magic, AntiMagic. So take GO and a Epitome for Fun

3. Debuffs Helps, So take a GO, Fiends, Giminis and ShroudSpeaker and the Aales and the 3. Turn aren't that Scary anymore.

4. Don't take too big Units because of the AntPileInShootingSharks.

So Something like this whout be my List:

Allegiance: Slaanesh
- Host: Lurid Haze Invaders Host (Host of Chaos)
Mortal Realm: Chamon

Leaders
Glutos Orscollion, Lord of Gluttony (400)
The Contorted Epitome (210)
Shardspeaker of Slaanesh (150)
Infernal Enrapturess, Herald of Slaanesh (150)
Infernal Enrapturess, Herald of Slaanesh (150)

Battleline
11 x Blissbard Archers (160)
5 x Chaos Warriors (90)
- Hand Weapon & Shield
5 x Chaos Warriors (90)
- Hand Weapon & Shield

Units
6 x Fiends (360)

Battalions
Supreme Sybarites (150)

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
The Burning Head (30)
Geminids of Uhl-Gysh (60)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 95

Maybe u want to switch somepoints but.... i think it is nize :D:D

• Like 1

If they take the spellcasting Mathlann dude though, he gets re-rolls to all casts and unbinds, so he's a pretty potent counter to a lot of our spellcasting capabilities. 

Who are your ambush targets for the Lurid Haze ability? I assume the Chaos Warriors are there for screening purposes -- who are they screening for? 

Also why 2 Enrapturesses? Shooting tends not to be so great against IDK. 

1 hour ago, herohammer said:

I think it is important to note that very few IDK lists run the caster eidolon. It is a lot more common to see the melee guy.

Thats Right. I think so too.

3 hours ago, LeonBox said:

Who are your ambush targets for the Lurid Haze ability?

U dont have to take some. I would but ther first the Archer (to come from behind) Or Enraptures to find good Targets becouse of, Shooting to the nearest Unit from ID.

I assume the Chaos Warriors are there for screening purposes -- who are they screening for?

They screen almost Nothing, they just are cheap Batteline and u can make DP with THE Burning Head with them.

U Screem with GO + Fiends in his -1toHitRangeBubble. Know with Shardspeaker and Gimiis u can create a Bubble of -1 of attack, -2 to hit and -2 to Wound against the Fiends. That rockz.

Also why 2 Enrapturesses? Shooting tends not to be so great against IDK.

My experience with the new Batteltome is u want some Misselattack to create 7 to 10 DP in your Turn because the Player from the other Tabel Edge will denid DP in his/her turn. And man.... Hedonits really really Need the DP to Winning game.

I try (for Minimum) a Keeper in turn 3, 20 Dämonetts in Turn 4 and 10 Dämonetts or something in Turn 5. Without that… mhmm very difficult.