Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Neverchosen

Win a Basket: For Those That Take Part, What Will Be In Your Cart?

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, JPjr said:

I honestly can't explain about 90% of these choices but ah well not gonna win so doesn't really matter

Screenshot 2021-02-23 at 11.19.26.png

I think I can explain your choices... they are pure class!

Edited by Neverchosen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JPjr said:

I honestly can't explain about 90% of these choices but ah well not gonna win so doesn't really matter

Screenshot 2021-02-23 at 11.19.26.png

They are out of stock at the moment, but the Snotling Blood Bowl team is probably my favourite. Worth checking out!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The US$ value is a hair under $410, so my choice was simple.

1 corvus black

1 Warcry Catacombs

1 gargant (the only way I'll ever "pay" that much for one)

$409.55

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I put in models like Morathi and the Arkanaut Ironclad, meaning models I do have on my list in general, but who aren't the priority or that I had planned to buy soon anyway.

And Blackstone Fortress because I love BF and don't mind having another box still wrapped and ready in case anything happens to mine.

 

Edited by Random

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FEC units I cannot 3D print or dont want to. 😅 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I've kind of filled a basket with the most boring stuff possible. Freeguild Handgunners, Freeguild Greatswords, Skeleton Warriors and Black Knights.

It's all the horde stuff that is not super exciting, but necessary to round out my two existing armies. So getting all that for free would be pretty convenient.

I think that is the issue with the cost of this hobby, on the one hand there are expensive premium purchases such as centre piece models and then there are small core unit and horde purchases. Both are great uses for such a giveaway I mean I went to both extremes getting expensive preimum models for my Slaves to Darkness that I couldn't afford otherwise and Gnoblars for my Ogors because I think they are funny and add personality to the army.

Edited by Neverchosen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I've kind of filled a basket with the most boring stuff possible. Freeguild Handgunners, Freeguild Greatswords, Skeleton Warriors and Black Knights.

It's all the horde stuff that is not super exciting, but necessary to round out my two existing armies. So getting all that for free would be pretty convenient.

Instead of the Handgunners, you could take a look at the Cawdor Necromunda gang, there are 10 two handed guns in there that can be made into more medieval handguns, and the normal handgunners are really bad. Skitarii are also an option if you're going for a cogfort/Kharadron allies vibe.

Guards can be fixed with Greatsword/pistoleer heads, but the Handgunners are really bad.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Currently struggling with a mix of Dragon Ogors and assorted Slaaneshi goodness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Filled mine with a load of slaanesh, mostly the new stuff and a keeper. My plan for this year is to at least get one or two armies complete in terms of owning the models I want and Slaanesh is first on the list at present. GW was not helping by releasing a whole new load of models ;) Though the new prices in points and adding blissbarbs and scythes might ease my desire to end up owning insane numbers of chariots (though I sort of still want to own 6 seeker chariots at some stage - I'm half way there)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A whole heap of WHU warbands I wouldn't have got otherwise (bit sad the Nightvault ones are gone now) and some titans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

A whole heap of WHU warbands I wouldn't have got otherwise (bit sad the Nightvault ones are gone now) and some titans.

You can still find the warbands themselves in the faction listing, if you want the models (20 euro without cards instead of 22,50 with).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I took only miniatures which are mail order exclusive. A lot of old ones - beastmen, kroxigor, ironbreakers, Be'lakor and a lot of other old chars like Belegar,  Ikit, Wurzah,  Vlad...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2x Tempestus Scions (for when I'll go for "The Wall of Guns!" army or may be for some cool handgunners conversions), Maligh Sorcery (because why not, having some endless spells could be worth it one day) and 3x Phoenix Guard (because I don't really want to buy those models, but damn they are strong! And I have a Frost Phoenix already to support them).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

You can still find the warbands themselves in the faction listing, if you want the models (20 euro without cards instead of 22,50 with).

Oh I know but it would mainly be for playing WHU itself. I’ve printed cards for Thorns of the Briar Queen and could do the same again but honestly it’s a pain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just keep filling it with Black Library Celebration 2021 books! Just keep putting 'em in there. Might have to hack their site to do it but it's worth it.

More BLC '21s...more.  Hundreds...thousands.

Give them to children for Easter! Donate them to libraries! Give them to coworkers you don't really know on their birthday.

Or just get a dozen Ogryns like I did.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I put some 1 unit of Rockguts to fill out a squad for my Gloomspite, some Madcap shamans, and then 5 squads of Killa Kanz for a 40k grot army project. I am building a Grot Armored Company, except instead of tanks I am using Killa Kanz.

I would have thrown in Zarbag's Gitz too since I want them for a conversion but they are sold out.

Edited by dirkdragonslayer
Expanding on why.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, dirkdragonslayer said:

I put some 1 unit of Rockguts to fill out a squad for my Gloomspite, some Madcap shamans, and then 5 squads of Killa Kanz for a 40k grot army project. I am building a Grot Armored Company, except instead of tanks I am using Killa Kanz.

I would have thrown in Zarbag's Gitz too since I want them for a conversion but they are sold out.

Zarbag's Gitz are great! Such good characters.

I also want to make a few grot tanks, but I'm just going to print/purchase a few interwar tanks and kitbash them a bit to make them more goblin. The Lee/Grant, Char 1 B, Ha-Go and T-35 are first contenders, with an M2 if I can find one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, zilberfrid said:

Zarbag's Gitz are great! Such good characters.

I also want to make a few grot tanks, but I'm just going to print/purchase a few interwar tanks and kitbash them a bit to make them more goblin. The Lee/Grant, Char 1 B, Ha-Go and T-35 are first contenders, with an M2 if I can find one.

I love Zarbag's Gitz, I already have a set for my Gloomspite since they are so good, I kind of want more to convert some shamans. For some Grot Tanks I found some 1 dollar toy cars with friction motors on clearance at the local pharmacy. I tore the car part off so I just had the friction motors and the wheels, and I am going to build a tank/armored car body on top of it. I love the idea of printing it, but I need to wait since my local library is still setting up a 3d printer. 

The friction motor wheels are so they can roll around if pushed with enough force, that way they double as a desk toy for when Grot Tanks eventually get discontinued by Forgeworld and their rules disappear into the aether. 😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

I think that is the issue with the cost of this hobby, on the one hand there are expensive premium purchases such as centre piece models and then there are small core unit and horde purchases. Both are great uses for such a giveaway I mean I went to both extremes getting expensive preimum models for my Slaves to Darkness that I couldn't afford otherwise and Gnoblars for my Ogors because I think they are funny and add personality to the army.

You don't choose the horde life, the horde life chooses you. 😎

Although I kind of hate everything about playing horde armies, like how expensive they are, how many of the same model I have to paint and how fiddly they are on the table, to me nothing can really compete with the sight of 100+ model on the table.

11 hours ago, zilberfrid said:

Instead of the Handgunners, you could take a look at the Cawdor Necromunda gang, there are 10 two handed guns in there that can be made into more medieval handguns, and the normal handgunners are really bad. Skitarii are also an option if you're going for a cogfort/Kharadron allies vibe.

Guards can be fixed with Greatsword/pistoleer heads, but the Handgunners are really bad.

You're not wrong. This is actually one reason why I have so far put off buying them. The problem is, I really want my Cities army to have an overall Freeguild aesthetic. Even the stuff that is usually dwarves is converted to have Freeguild crew.

But I realized that I am also still missing two Gyrocopters for my final list. So I have replaced the Handgunners with those for now. Let's hope Handgunners get an updates sculpt before I have to commit to getting them. But even if not, I can deal with a few wonky looking models. They are just battleline troops after all.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

You don't choose the horde life, the horde life chooses you. 😎

Although I kind of hate everything about playing horde armies, like how expensive they are, how many of the same model I have to paint and how fiddly they are on the table, to me nothing can really compete with the sight of 100+ model on the table.

You're not wrong. This is actually one reason why I have so far put off buying them. The problem is, I really want my Cities army to have an overall Freeguild aesthetic. Even the stuff that is usually dwarves is converted to have Freeguild crew.

But I realized that I am also still missing two Gyrocopters for my final list. So I have replaced the Handgunners with those for now. Let's hope Handgunners get an updates sculpt before I have to commit to getting them. But even if not, I can deal with a few wonky looking models. They are just battleline troops after all.

If you would go for Skitarii, making a few gyrocopter-like things from Pteraxii might be an option, I think something could be done with the 5 models to make 2 gyrocopters, say two biplanes with a stabilizer. I would like to have another gyrocopter (only have a metal and a kitbashed one), but think the kit is just too expensive.

Edited by zilberfrid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

If you would go for Skitarii, making a few gyrocopter-like things from Pteraxii might be an option, I think something could be done with the 5 models to make 2 gyrocopters, say two biplanes with a stabilizer. I would like to have another gyrocopter (only have a metal and a kitbashed one), but think the kit is just too expensive.

I already used that idea for my Knight Azyros:

y7esndnwa5h51.jpg?width=1024&auto=webp&s=cc706dd59127c3acadf6cf805e039ee0e8ab0a00

I do have an idea for using the big wings from the Archaeopter and a Steam Tank to make a Kharadron boat. The only problem with that is that because of the size of the Steam Tank it would probably have to be a Frigate or Gunhauler, which is just not worth it for the cost.

I agree that price of the Gyrocopter kit is awful. It's the worst points-per-money I have seen.

Edited by Neil Arthur Hotep
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I already used that idea for my Knight Azyros:

y7esndnwa5h51.jpg?width=1024&auto=webp&s=cc706dd59127c3acadf6cf805e039ee0e8ab0a00

I do have an idea for using the big wings from the Archaeopter and a Steam Tank to make Kharadron boat. The only problem with that is that because of the size of the Steam Tank it would probably have to be a Frigate or Gunhauler, which is just not worth it for the cost.

I agree that price of the Gyrocopter kit is awful. It's the worst points-per-money I have seen.

That Azyros is beautiful! I had a plan to use the spare General from the General on Griffin set with High elf Griffin wings to make an Azyros. I also made some Kharadron parts, an Empire mortar and a model of a biplane into a Gyrocopter-like model. Not my greatest work of art, but I was (and still am) still a bit new in kitbashing.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe worth changing the title of this thread since it's not a "Win your basket" competition. It's the less catchy variant "Have something in your basket and if you do, you're in with a chance of winning a bunch of stuff that you then tell GW you want when they contact the winners".

Of course, nothing wrong with filling your basket with £300 of stuff you want (and sharing and discussing!) but this competition isn't that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Archaon and 2x Varanguard. Would love to play Archaon and all out Varanguard as a fun army vs friends.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...