Win a Basket: For Those That Take Part, What Will Be In Your Cart?

Neverchosen

13 hours ago, SlyRebirth said:

Maybe worth changing the title of this thread since it's not a "Win your basket" competition. It's the less catchy variant "Have something in your basket and if you do, you're in with a chance of winning a bunch of stuff that you then tell GW you want when they contact the winners".

Of course, nothing wrong with filling your basket with £300 of stuff you want (and sharing and discussing!) but this competition isn't that.

The wording in the email they sent today makes it sound like they'd be picking stuff from your cart. I'd be happy either way, myself, as long as some cool stuff was included.

"You've got until 8am (GMT) on the 25th of February. We'll choose 5 My Warhammer accounts, and give them each up to £300 worth of the good stuff in their cart.*"

On 2/24/2021 at 2:33 PM, Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll said:

Blackstone Fortress. Too bad the expansions I wanted are out-of-print though!

3 Underworlds starter sets (giving me 3 boards, 6 teams)

1 last Underworlds warband (Grymwatch, to be precise). 

Yeah its a real shame. Especially for those who actually want to play the game, as so many sets are rotting on shelves of miniature scalpers or worse, got thrown away. I personally know a guy who bought Escalation solely due to the miniatures and threw the rest away. And I'm still mad about it. Not only because I would've happily bought it from him.

You can still find the rules and map pieces sold online though, as other people not quite as selfish, offer them on ebay after grabbing the minis. The same ****** will happen with Cursed City and its expansions sadly.

18 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

Based on the image and the contents of the cart I feel there was a hidden must contain 40k items rule. 😢

Naw I think GW just awarded the prize to someone with a cart full of stuff, but the prize wasn't actually the cart full I think it was simply a £300 voucher. In theory letting you buy the cart load, or at least most of it (since I bet hitting exactly £300 wasn't possible/easy). So I don't think there was any obligation to have anything specific in the cart itself. 

Though yes now I can also retire my insane load of slaanesh models from the cart. That is unless anyone here has a £300 voucher and want to lend a hand? ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1