army tip stormcast dracothian guard spam

Karazla

Dear Forum members,

new year new army, so i decided to go all in expensive stormcast. I played twice with the army. But it feels like something is missing. Overal i like the playstyle but the 4 fullminators are never making there points back. I fumbled a lot of charges with them  tho.  Most of the army i bought. But i still have to buy 4 guard. I was thinking of maybe switching them out for some range support or for other guard. Do you guys have any tips what i can put in instead of the fullminators.

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals
Mortal Realm: Chamon

Leaders
Lord-Arcanum on Tauralon (280)
- General
- Command Trait: Staunch Defender
- Spell: Azyrite Halo
- Mount Trait: Steel Pinions
Lord-Celestant on Dracoth (200)
- Tempestos Hammer & Thundershield
- Artefact: Plate of Perfect Protection
Lord-Castellant (120)
Knight-Heraldor (100)

Battleline
5 x Liberators (90)
- Warblade & Shield
- 1x Grandhammers
5 x Liberators (90)
- Warblade & Shield
- 1x Grandhammers
5 x Liberators (90)
- Warblade & Shield
- 1x Grandhammers

Units
4 x Fulminators (440)
6 x Desolators (570)

Total: 1980 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 108

I was thinking of maybe going a incantor with a meteor insteads of one squad of fullminators. I am not sold on the stardrake.

Edited by Karazla

Drakesworn Templars have a (single) bow attack that improves the effectiveness of Dracothian Guard against that target on a successful hit (doesn't have to wound or deal damage.) A really good buff when you consider that it also affects the DG Breath attack. 

Not sure if it's worth the point-sink, but something to consider.

39 minutes ago, OkayestDM said:

Drakesworn Templars have a (single) bow attack that improves the effectiveness of Dracothian Guard against that target on a successful hit (doesn't have to wound or deal damage.) A really good buff when you consider that it also affects the DG Breath attack. 

Not sure if it's worth the point-sink, but something to consider.

Problem with that is that 6 deso and templar is 1020 pts FOR 5 MODELS :C 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, OkayestDM said:

7 models actually, which totally makes it worth it!

Yeah . . .

:P

No more problems for transport for sure, if gw developers make DG more competitive or at least appealing would be super fun to me, like them a lot and more compared to cats...

• Like 1

Heej Guys,

Seeing your response thanks!!

I will look at that list that became 10th. I was also thinking of making the squad bigger because then losses hurt less and you keep your max attacks. 
i am indeed hoping that one day we can become full DG army but until then we do it this way.

I dont think the templar is wordt the point sink. 
I was thinking of maybe adding in a balista or something.

Cheers 

Not sure if it'll be terrible advice, but I'll consolidate the liberators into a 15-unit pack, have 2 MSU bow judicators, everblaze comet and 2 aetherwings.

My thinking is that the 15-strong liberators would be a decent anvil and be a good target for castellant / heraldor buff, everblaze to control space, while you flank with the desolators and capture / threaten objectives with aetherwings. 

I would advice against a single incantor with a comet.  Lots of points invested for something that you dont need.

1- comet is best to cast, dispel cast. So you need atleast 2 solid casters

2- in this caster/range meta we playing in its anoying to get of and do 100 points worth of damage with.

I havent played dracoths for a long time but when i did i loved a big unit of desolaters and small units of fulminators

units of 2 fulminators are pretty solid on flanks where a bigger unit of desolators are a strong agressive heavy hitter.

ill agree that you dont need the drakesworn templar. To much points for something that dies to anything.

if you split up the fulminators i dont think you need a big unit of libs. Smal units of 5 are enough and spend your points in more dracoth units.