Draichi Ganeth Sect 3.0 Updated

Chumphammer

So a list I'll be trialing

Allegiance: Daughters of Khaine
 - Temple: Draichi Ganeth

LEADERS
Slaughter Queen on Cauldron of Blood (270)
- General
- Command Trait: Victor of Yaith'ril 
- Artefact: Death's Kiss 
- Prayer: Martyr's Sacrifice
Hag Queen on Cauldron of Blood (220)
- Prayer: Catechism of Murder
Hag Queen on Cauldron of Blood (220)
- Prayer: Covenant of the Iron Heart
Bloodwrack Shrine (160)
- Artefact: Shadow Stone 
- Lore of Shadows: Mindrazor

UNITS
20 x Sisters of Slaughter (240)
- Barbed Whips and Sacrificial Knives
20 x Sisters of Slaughter (240)
- Barbed Whips and Sacrificial Knives
20 x Witch Aelves (200)
- Sacrificial Knives and Blade Bucklers
5 x Khinerai Heartrenders (80)
5 x Khinerai Heartrenders (80)
5 x Khinerai Lifetakers (80)
BATTALIONS
Slaughter Troupe (130)

ENDLESS SPELLS / TERRAIN / COMMAND POINTS
Heart of Fury (80)

TOTAL: 2000/2000 WOUNDS: 127

Now if I'm reading it right the cauldrons have the Witch Aelves key word so they will also benefit from the temple rules on all there weapons. Even the avatar weapon since the description doesn't say it's a mount or any such thing.  It might be a little fragile but with three cauldrons odds are I'll be at a 5+ save for the battleline units.  Being bravery 9ish near the general if we don't get the witch brew off.

Thoughts?

Edited by Uncannieryames

I love the lore of Draichi Gaineth being executioners seeking the perfect killing stroke. The rules also seem to encourage taking lots of witch elves and sisters of slaughter, alongside Cauldrons. They seem fairly straightforward - take either Cauldron Guard or Slaughter Troupe, add an extra Cauldron or 2, and another unit of elves.

Since all of DoK combat gets better on the later turns, it seems like the general plan is to position on the first two rounds, and plan to charge everything in round 3, assuming playing against another melee army? I guess if they have shooting elements they would be good targets for deep striking Khinerai? Pity we don’t give any buffs to them at all.

6 hours ago, Chumphammer said:

tbh If i was running 3 cauldrons I would want an Avatar of Khaine and maybe put the Blood sigil on someone.

+1 to prayers would be awesome with that many prayers, and extra cheeky prayer from sigil would benefit also. 

Could easily drop the shrine down to a regular Medusa and ditch the life takers for a avatar. I forgot the avatar gained that ability this time. The question is wether it's worth losing the utility of the flyer unit to harass the enemy in the early turns.  I'll probably test it out both ways when I get a chance

10 hours ago, Uncannieryames said:

Could easily drop the shrine down to a regular Medusa and ditch the life takers for a avatar. I forgot the avatar gained that ability this time. The question is wether it's worth losing the utility of the flyer unit to harass the enemy in the early turns.  I'll probably test it out both ways when I get a chance

Yeah its a loss of a harasser unit, but it's also another 4x 3D R2 attacks as well as the 6 shooting attacks

• 1 month later...
  • Chumphammer changed the title to Draichi Ganeth Sect 3.0 Updated