Khelt Nar Sect 3.0 Updated

Chumphammer

Ok, here goes:

Khelt Nar

160 Bloodwrack Shrine - General - Shadow Stone - Mindrazor

220 HQoCoB - (KN artefact on the Avatar’s Sword if that’s legal? Don’t think he’s a mount)

110 Ironscale

360 Sisters of Slaughter x30 (with blades for rule of cool, I know they aren’t as good)

390 Blood Sisters x15

260 Blood Sisters x10

140 Bloodstalkers x5

100 Khainite Shadowstalkers

120 Doomfire Warlocks

140 Scathcoven

5 free Heartrenders

So I’m going for a combined arms list that’s flexible and mobile but also has some spiky blocks. The KN CA can make the SoS and BS an unappetising target as it’ll take a lot of wounds to sink but 1s to hit bounce back. Will have a few CPs in hand as Battleshock won’t be a massive issue. Retreat and charge can help me dictate combats, especially with the smaller units, which can screen or block out the backfield on deployment and then move or deep strike to harass enemy objectives early doors.

I have played it, 1-2 vs. a brutal Fuethan IDK list, which is a pretty big counter pick for the list as screens are useless, their movement is obscene and reroll 1s is awarded merely for existing. The list is fun to play though and has all my fave units in so I’m enjoying it.

Feel free to rip it to shreds!!

Edited by 5kaven5lave
No lore spells for Doomfires

It looks like a solid list tbh. Not sure if I would drop the doomfirewarlocks for a 2nd Medusa (on foot) as the shooting ability can be good and you can use the spare point malificent malestrom (its like 10pts of antimagic support)

Would give you 2 casts and 4 dispels plus the MW ranged attack. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chumphammer said:

It looks like a solid list tbh. Not sure if I would drop the doomfirewarlocks for a 2nd Medusa (on foot) as the shooting ability can be good and you can use the spare point malificent malestrom (its like 10pts of antimagic support)

Would give you 2 casts and 4 dispels plus the MW ranged attack. 

Yup!

I also like that his list does not include Morathi - I was growing tired of seeing her in every list.

Hey! Brand new to AoS/Daughters of Khaine and khelt Nar really seems up my alley. 

My copy is still in the mail (thanks, ice storms), but I was thinking of something along these lines (points tba):

Bloodwrack Shrine (General) - Shadow Stone - Mindrazor or the Withering - 160

Haq Queen on Blood Cauldron - Not sure on which prayer to give her- 220

Melusai Ironscale - Gaisa's Falx - 110

20xWitch Aelves - Bucklers - 200

20xWitch Aelves - Bucklers - 200

10x Blood Sisters - 260

10x Blood Sisters - 260

10x Blood Stalkers - 280

9x Khainite Shadowstalkers - 100

5xFree Heartrenders

Warscroll Battalion (Probably Scathcoven) - 120

1 CP - 50

Endless Spell - Bloodwrack Viper - 40

OR 

Dump CP and Viper, take

Heart of Fury- 80

Comes out to 1990 or 2000 on the dot. 

So pretty similar to the list from 5kaven5slave, but with a few more Aelves on the table in two smaller units. 

On 2/23/2021 at 11:52 AM, 5kaven5lave said:

Ok, here goes:

Khelt Nar

160 Bloodwrack Shrine - General - Shadow Stone - Mindrazor

220 HQoCoB - (KN artefact on the Avatar’s Sword if that’s legal? Don’t think he’s a mount)

110 Ironscale

360 Sisters of Slaughter x30 (with blades for rule of cool, I know they aren’t as good)

390 Blood Sisters x15

260 Blood Sisters x10

140 Bloodstalkers x5

100 Khainite Shadowstalkers

120 Doomfire Warlocks

140 Scathcoven

5 free Heartrenders

So I’m going for a combined arms list that’s flexible and mobile but also has some spiky blocks. The KN CA can make the SoS and BS an unappetising target as it’ll take a lot of wounds to sink but 1s to hit bounce back. Will have a few CPs in hand as Battleshock won’t be a massive issue. Retreat and charge can help me dictate combats, especially with the smaller units, which can screen or block out the backfield on deployment and then move or deep strike to harass enemy objectives early doors.

I have played it, 1-2 vs. a brutal Fuethan IDK list, which is a pretty big counter pick for the list as screens are useless, their movement is obscene and reroll 1s is awarded merely for existing. The list is fun to play though and has all my fave units in so I’m enjoying it.

Feel free to rip it to shreds!!

I am having a hard time figuring out the retreat and charge for KN and how its useful. Maybe I am just missing the obvious, but can you give me an instance in which that ability would be useful? 

3 hours ago, RickFlair said:

I am having a hard time figuring out the retreat and charge for KN and how its useful. Maybe I am just missing the obvious, but can you give me an instance in which that ability would be useful? 

By no means an expert on this, but a couple of possibilities:

Cauldrons do MW on the charge, just retreat and bang them back in.

If you have a smaller unit or hero vs. a bigger unit, ‘tag’ the very end of the enemy unit so they can’t pile all their dudes in to fight.

If you don’t like the fight you’re in, retreat and charge another unit instead. The unit you retreat from is also pinned in place now for that turn.

Sisters of Slaughter 6” pile in can be used here too, you can retreat and lurk outside of 3” and then pile in 6” when it suits you to fight with that unit. This is useful vs. Eels on turn 3 when they fight first but then have to ‘pass’ once they’ve fought with all eligible units - you can now pile in with the unit you protected and fight without response.

Think of everything you can do with Morathi, now make it better using the above.

There’s probably more but these are good to start with hopefully. It’s a skill I’m learning myself. 

5Kaven5lave has most covered there. Being able to retreat out of combat to move further into the enemy so you can take out a key support hert, or even tie up more units can be awesome.

the SOS trick is also great if you have a more important combat you want to run 1st so you can take advantage of the 6" pile in

another is new Mindrazor. +1 damage on the charge now so if you can keep cycle charging that unit with Mindrazor you can rack up the damage 

Played a small local tournament for a 1000pts Vanguard using the new temple Khelt Nar as I wanted to test how Morathi perform with retreat and charge. I placed first with 3 wins.

You may see the final scoring and all the players list here https://tabletop.to/gallant-games-aos-28-feb-vanguard-pb

HERO

• Morathi-Khaine (210) - Mindrazor
  • The Shadow Queen (390)
  • Bloodwrack Shrine (160) (General) - Gaisa's Falx, The Circling Flock, Steed of Shadow 

BATTLELINE

• 10 Witch Aelves (100)
  • 5 Blood Stalkers (140)

KEY TAKEAWAYS

• The Shadow Queen with retreat and charge makes her really shine. You can have Morathi-Khaine make her fight during the hero phase, retreat and charge another target. She can also disengage from really low value targets that attempts to lock her down and go hunt more valuable targets.
  • It's a little wasted but The Shadow Queen will not be able to use her +2/+2/-3/D6 damage shooting ability after retreating
  • The free Khinerai also makes a world of difference in competitive setting helping you secure objectives and score VP
  • Mindrazor is hard to cast, but it synergizes well with KN considering you get +1 damage after you fall back and charge
  • LOVE IT! 1

Tweaked things a bit; mostly just playing around. 

Khelt Nar

Bloodwrack Medusa on a Shrine (General) - 160
Slaughter Queen on a Cauldron - 270
Ironscale Melusai - 110

20x Sisters of Slaughter - 240 (1 unit of 20 or 2x10 for screening/objective sniping?)
10x Blood Sisters - 260
10x Blood Sisters - 260
10x Blood Stalkers - 280
10x Khinerai Lifetakers - 160
5x Khinerai Heartrenders - FREE
Scatchcoven Warscroll - 140

Total 1980

Hi everyone thinking of doing the following list for 1k :

Khelt Nar

Ironscale Melusai - 110

5x Blood Sisters - 130

10x Blood Stalkers - 280

5x Khinerai Heartrenders - 80

It is 1K on the nose. 

What do you think?  

• 3 months later...
On 3/1/2021 at 8:56 AM, Bolty said:

Hi everyone thinking of doing the following list for 1k :

Khelt Nar

Ironscale Melusai - 110

5x Blood Sisters - 130

10x Blood Stalkers - 280

5x Khinerai Heartrenders - 80

It is 1K on the nose. 

What do you think?  

Is an answer still relevant? xD

Usually i only take Ironscale when i have a bigger unit of Blood Sisters. Otherwise i don't value her.

Haven't been on the board for quite a while as most things are being discussed in the WhatsApp-Groups.

On 6/2/2021 at 11:34 PM, Xil said:

Is an answer still relevant? xD

Usually i only take Ironscale when i have a bigger unit of Blood Sisters. Otherwise i don't value her.

Haven't been on the board for quite a while as most things are being discussed in the WhatsApp-Groups.

How to join those WhatsApp Groups?

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/19/2021 at 7:51 PM, Chumphammer said:

Morathi Gotrek list lol
image.png.b57ce19a43e116db489d241e14395a21.png

I also like:
Khelt Nar
Morathi Khaine - Mindrazor
Shadow queen
Gotrek
Slaughter queen on Cauldron, General, the circling flock, Gáisa’s Falx, Crimson Rejuvination
3 x 10 Sisters of Slaughter
9 Khainite Shadowstalkers
Emerald  Lifeswarm
Warlord, Battle Regiment 
Blood thirsty 

+++ mod edit +++ Moved your reply outside your quoted text

Edited by RuneBrush