Hagg Nar Sect 3.0 Updated

Chumphammer

I like how you made some lists without Morathi and 15 bow snakes Chump, I am trying to figure out a list myself but I find my daughters hard to play and I have abit of a burn out because I lost the last 8 games or so with my girls.

I really wanna avoid playing and all out shooting army with 15 bow snakes and Morathi

4 hours ago, Gokken said:

I like how you made some lists without Morathi and 15 bow snakes Chump, I am trying to figure out a list myself but I find my daughters hard to play and I have abit of a burn out because I lost the last 8 games or so with my girls.

I really wanna avoid playing and all out shooting army with 15 bow snakes and Morathi

I think I lost my 1st 8 games also when I first started. With DOK its keeping your heroes alive and keeping inside your bubbles.

DOK feels like you wanna push it forwards and smash in turn 1/2 if you can. But realistically you want turn 3/4 (unless haggnar then can do 2/3) as thats when we get a good lot of buffs.

DOK have a lot of good options, its just finding something which fits your style of play as how you play and how someone else plays can be totally different and what works for them might not for you.

My list has a suprising amount of shooting, its all 10-12" effective bar the stalkers, but the 10-12 is my kill bubble. 

Looking forward to trying my new version with the sisters back in as I played them all the time in 2nd. 

7 hours ago, foxicious said:

Awesome! Please keep us updated on how its working for you! 😁

Will do, got 4 Games over next two weeks.

I am actually thinking of dropping the SOS to WE and then dropping the Khinari to get me another HQ for some more prayer support. means I can try Heart, Sacrament and Blessing turn one. Might give her Curse and Heal. I feel Curse is a bit of a trap as it needs to be close and its a 4+ to cast (3 with avatar) but can be really good 

Ok, So tried my list out last night VS Archaon and Blades of Khorne. 

He Ran:
Reapers of Vengeance
Vendetta Grand Strat
Bloodthirsty Triumph

Bloodsecrator, General, Mage Eater, Skullshard Mantle
Slaughterpriest, Blood Sacrifice
Slaughterpriest, Resanguination
Archaon the Everchosen
Daemonprince, Crimson Crown
3 x 10 Blood Reavers
5 Chaos Knights
Warshrine
(10 Drops)

I was running:

1380378797_Screenshot_20210922-085136_AdobeAcrobat.jpg.001e7d4e2a18e531f3a7ab080cd7fed1.jpg

We played Feral Foray and he made me go 1st

I set up pretty defensive in case he went 1st and went for a hard push, but not too much so Id ****** myself.

Rounds Went:

Round 1: Dok (Ferocious Adv), completed, 4pts
Round 1: BoK Ferocious Adv), Failed, 2pts. (One of his slaughterpriests was part of the adv, I got him to 1W from shooting then he killed himself with a failed prayer trying to heal himself)

Round 2: DoK (Conquer) picking his far right obj. Took it and burned it for 6pts.
Round 2: Bok (Conquer) Picked his other side obj and reclaimed it from me as I had stole it also, 4pts

Round 3: BoK (Broken Ranks) 6pts
Round 3: DoK ( Aggressive Expansion) 6pts

Round 4: BoK (Savage Spearhead) 6pts
Round 4: DoK (Savage Spearhead) 6pts

Round 5: BoK (Slay The Warlord) 5pts
Round 5: DoK (Slay The Warlord) 5pts

I got my grand Strat but with killing Archaon he failed his, game ended 21 vs 30 to DoK

The game went alright, I concentrated on clearing his army and grabbing the objs when I could, raiding his when I could. I managed to buff an avatar which held Archaon up for a whole turn (I had heart of fury, Sacrament, Mystic shield, hagg buff, cauldron buff) on it and he got 2 wounds even with attacking twice. However he used blood tithe in his hero phase to attack again where none of my buffs were viable (bar shield) and it went down over that turn (took him attacking 3 times that turn just to kill him)

This gave me time to kill everything off by turn 4 bar some summoned blood letters, which went down turn 5 with Archaon

Archaon getting to pile in and attack again for 1cp is nuts lol. 

Wound markers are wounds taken

• LOVE IT! 2

• 2 months later...

1st game back since Kippers as took a wee break while on Vacation and just general busy at work

play vs Matthias and a OBR list he is trying which was:

Mortis Praetorians
Katakros
Arch-Kavalos Zandtos
Liege-Kavalos
10 Deathriders
5 Death Riders
5 Death Riders
5 Death Riders
5 Death Riders
Battle Regiment 
Hold the Line

Played Tectonic Interference 

I just used my kippers list as ive written 5 other versions and none look as good as my current one

So he is 1 drop and went 1st. I knew he would probably Alpha me, so huggled a little in the corner and used my screens for cover. He generates a ton of discipline points, so basically his army has +3 mov, +1 to hit and AS, impact hits and +1A. Does a ton of damage if he wasnt facing HaggNar, which he was.

He got a little lucky as I failed to cast Sacrament turn 1 so my Avatars just stood there, and he got the 2nd turn so tried to push is advantage more but I managed to hold only losing all my witchaelves and my foot hag, but this then meant my turn 2, and I got the double, my avatars and Hags, plus Medusa/stalkers, just cleared through his army and had enough to charge into Katakros, getting him down to 2W and only 5 Death riders remaining (He would have been dead, but my general failed to charge in when I mirror danced her to a charge position

His list is interesting as hes trying to do OBR but not use Nagash. He discussed going with 2x10 death riders then 30 Motek Guard, as he can use the 10's to pin his opponent in their starting area while he reaps the objs, then when they finally clear through the riders the Motek guard are now in play

Edited by Chumphammer

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

So tried the new list vs 2 Draconis and 8 Stormguard yesterday using the new "Hunt" rules from GW

List worked really well. I played pretty defensively and wont go into too many details until the video is out on SagaofDice

I found the extra points gained from killing "Priority targets" had no impact on the game

going to try and get 2-3 games in this Sunday at our 1st games day in a loooong time (****** covid) so will see how it goes  

On 3/18/2022 at 4:00 PM, Chumphammer said:

Had my 1st game wit the new one i wanted to try vs Dragons on my friends youtube, here is the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Za59QrQQNgs&t=5s

Great game Chump! I'm a new player on AoS but i want to thank you for yours dedication at the game and at the DoK community. By reading your comments, watching your video and reading your list i learned a lot. Keep it up!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Tzanna said:

Great game Chump! I'm a new player on AoS but i want to thank you for yours dedication at the game and at the DoK community. By reading your comments, watching your video and reading your list i learned a lot. Keep it up!

Cheers my dude :) very kind of you to say

Got two  games in yesterday against two armies I havent played

1st was Sons of Behemat (Giants) which have been doing well in the system

It was a blood bath lol. He gave me 1st turn and then he got the double. I failed to get heart of fury up turn 1 which hurt when he hit me, but luckily I had buffed the blood sisters with mystic shield and Blessing of Khaine, so they took the brunt of the charge after the witch elf screen buckled (I redeployed them closer to the giants to block their charge vs my juicy stuff

Game then proceeded to be a grind down but ended bottom of 4 when I killed his last Mega Gargant. Ended 30 - 21

Game 2 was vs the new fyreslayers but rather than a normal list he had SIX MAGAMADROTHS!?!?

This game was brutal also, everything was dead by 1 magamadroth turn 5

again he made me go 1st and got the double. I had set up for it, with all my buffs off and overlapping, then the bloody heart of fury decided to roll the 6 and vanish at the end of turn! To make matters worse, he rolls a 6 also for his Rune of Awakened Steel and his whole army got +2 rend for the turn...This now meant his attacks were all Rend 3 and 4 which just tore through my Blood sisters, Witch Aevles, an avatar and some Shadowstalkers.

I managed to slowly pull it back but for every normal wound you do to them, on a 4+ you take a mortal wound. It was gross as my Slaughter queen downed his general but then he got 5MW back to finish her off.

Was a great learning game but man its a tough list (he got 3 games in that day and won all) 

Tbh I wasn't sad about the loss as my dice, though average, really failed at some key moments while his did the opposite, so not much you can do bar laugh it off and take it as a learning experience 

Edited by Chumphammer
  • Like 1

image.png.4860c2dd7ba8d3305a00eb1ab541e641.png

This version came up in my head yesterday and I wanna try it

changes:

-5 Stalkers 
HQ on cauldron over SQ on cauldron
Dorella added
SQ Added
2 Warlord battalion over warlord/Line breaker (artifact- 2 prayer cast item)

So why the change?

1: being forced to go 1st often and the chances of a double turn being higher for them, being able to pull in 2cp over 1 can really help

2: 5 prayers a turn, means I can get some decent stuff off on 2+'s 

3: 3 witch brews. Rerolls on all the avatars could be really useful to maximize damage output 

4: support snipe. The reason I had 10 snakes was to snipe support casters. So far I have found 10 stalkers to be average. having 5 will still give me 10 shots to help vs screens and chip off stuff, but having those 2 -2 4d shots vs daemons/magic users can really help, especially with so many arcane tombs around. I still have the SQ for orgy of slaughter and I am now only giving up 1VP if the unit dies (and since its no longer such a target I should be able to keep it safe) 

• Chumphammer changed the title to Hagg Nar Sect 3.0 Updated

First Haggnar 3.0 List I did. AKA I dont have an avatar problem

Hagg NarSlaughter Queen cauldron - general, Zealous Orator, Crown of Woe, Sacrament of blood, Crimson rej 315
HagQueen - heal, blessing 110
Bloodwrack Medusa - 130 (Mindrazor)
15 bloodsisters - 420
10 Witch Aelves 115
10 Witch Aelves 115
10 Witch Aelves 115
Heart of fury 45
Warlord, Hunters, Beast Claw Alpha Pack

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/9/2022 at 12:03 AM, Chumphammer said:

5 Avatar List I am looking to try (4xFoot, 1 Cauldron)

image.png.fda877cebef8feea9de9866cc5229b4e.png

I like this list, I ended up with something similar.

Allegiance: Daughters of Khaine
- Temple: Hagg Nar
- Grand Strategy:
- Triumphs:

Leaders
High Gladiatrix (90)**
Hag Queen on Cauldron of Blood (270)**
- Artefact: Crown of Woe
- Prayer: Sacrament of Blood
Hag Queen (110)*
- Prayer: Covenant of the Iron Heart
Bloodwrack Medusa (130)*
- Lore of Shadows: Mindrazor
Melusai Ironscale (115)*
- General
- Command Trait: Zealous Orator

Battleline
10 x Blood Sisters (280)*
- Reinforced x 1
30 x Witch Aelves (345)*
- Pairs of Sacrificial Knives
- Reinforced x 2
20 x Witch Aelves (230)**
- Pairs of Sacrificial Knives
- Reinforced x 1
5 x Blood Stalkers (180)*

Units
5 x Khinerai Heartrenders (95)**
5 x Khinerai Heartrenders (95)**

Endless Spells & Invocations
Heart of Fury (45)

Core Battalions
*Battle Regiment
**Battle Regiment

Total: 1985 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 4 / 4
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 126
Drops: 2

But I feel like witches do very litle the added rend from gladiatrix does very litle against all the 2+ and 3+ saves out there. 

I feel I need to get mind razor off for results, so was thinking about warlords for that extra shadowstone.

I like heartrenders their battle tactic is noice! 

I know how you feel about avatars chump, but year considering one insted of the stalkers.

Nice part is my snakes can have 5+ ward in first turn.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Gokken said:

But I feel like witches do very litle the added rend from gladiatrix does very litle against all the 2+ and 3+ saves out there.

To me, it's not the rend that's the good part of the Gladiatrix, especially since a friend I play against regularly runs Nighthaunt. It's changing the To Wound to 3+, which is 1/3 more of my hits actually wounding. Combined with having a 2+ To Hit and exploding 6s to hit (Catechism of Murder or All Out Slaughter), that's a big damage boost. Any additional rend on that is icing on the cake.

Assuming you're on 2+/3+/0/1 before the Gladiatrix (not that hard to do, especially in Hagg Nar), a Gladiatrix nearly doubles your damage into 3+ saves, and is only a little shy of tripling it into 2+ saves (assuming they don't have even more save bonuses to negate your rend). Even if they do ignore your rend (either Nighthaunt or 2+ saves with another +1 floating), you're still adding about 25% damage just from getting to 2+ To Wound.

image.png.82ddca3a0f0f4a39668ef94b6f1f3264.png

This image assumes 20 WAs get in to attack, which I have found pretty consistent to do. The Gladiatrix adds a ton of damage to your attacks and I think you're missing out if you don't have at least one while using WAs. Worst case scenario, 90 points for +25% damage seems pretty deece.