Jump to content

Hagg Nar Sect 3.0 Updated


Chumphammer
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hey everyone!

Opening the thread with a first list.

Nothing very bold or original, kind of the obvious base army list I see.

Some choices are debatable: should I put all the Witches w/ Bucklers, should I put the Medusa on wheels, is the Endless that mandatory...

 

Anyway happy to discuss,

Cheers mates!

 

IMG_20210221_121817.jpg

Edited by Peegee
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I mean looks solid enough

 

My only concerns are:

1: alot of points in characters

2: general being a foot medusa. Hagg nar needs to keep that 5+ going and being on a bloodwrack shrine would really help that. I'd drop morgwath and the covern. Reduces your drops by 2 and gives you the shrine 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Chumphammer said:

I mean looks solid enough

 

My only concerns are:

1: alot of points in characters

2: general being a foot medusa. Hagg nar needs to keep that 5+ going and being on a bloodwrack shrine would really help that. I'd drop morgwath and the covern. Reduces your drops by 2 and gives you the shrine 

Solid choice, thanks. Two Cauldron/Shrine + Morathi seems a legit trio 😁

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi, 

what about this one. The one concern I have is Medusa as General being only on foot. Easiest solution might be to drop Morgwaeth..but I‘dont like to 😅  any other solutions?

Allegiance: Daughters of Khaine
- Temple: Hagg Nar
Hag Queen on Cauldron of Blood (220)
- Artefact: Iron Circlet  
- Prayer: Blessing of Khaine
Morathi-Khaine (210)
- Lore of Shadows: Mindrazor
The Shadow Queen (390)
Bloodwrack Medusa (100)
- General
- Command Trait: Devoted Disciples  
- Artefact: Hag Narr artifact
- Lore of Shadows: Steed of Shadows
Morgwaeth the Bloodied (80)
- Prayer: Catechism of Murder
30 x Witch Aelves (300)
- Pairs of Sacrificial Knives
10 x Blood Sisters (260)
10 x Blood Stalkers (280)
4 x The Blade-coven (0)
Vyperic Guard (140)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 116
 

Edited by Milano
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Milano said:

Hi, 

what about this one. The one concern I have is Medusa as General being only on foot. Easiest solution might be to drop Morgwaeth..but I‘dont like to 😅  any other solutions?

Allegiance: Daughters of Khaine
- Temple: Hagg Nar
Hag Queen on Cauldron of Blood (220)
- Artefact: Iron Circlet  
- Prayer: Blessing of Khaine
Morathi-Khaine (210)
- Lore of Shadows: Mindrazor
The Shadow Queen (390)
Bloodwrack Medusa (100)
- General
- Command Trait: Devoted Disciples  
- Artefact: Hag Narr artifact
- Lore of Shadows: Steed of Shadows
Morgwaeth the Bloodied (80)
- Prayer: Catechism of Murder
30 x Witch Aelves (300)
- Pairs of Sacrificial Knives
10 x Blood Sisters (260)
10 x Blood Stalkers (280)
4 x The Blade-coven (0)
Vyperic Guard (140)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 116
 

yup looks good. Id also drop Mogwaeth for the Shrine as with Hagg Nar you need that general to stick around. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Allegiance: Daughters of Khaine
- Temple: Hagg Nar
Bloodwrack Shrine (160)
-General
-Devoted Disciple
-The Ulfúri
-Mindrazor
Hag Queen on Cauldron of Blood (220)
- Catechism of Murder
30 x Witch Aelves (300)
- Bucklers
10 x Blood Sisters (260)
Total: 940

Not much to see here, just a vanguard-level list to get my collection up and start playing. Hagg Nar needs a cauldron to make use of the command ability. Should make it easier to keep everything in range of the hag queen's buffs. Needed the shrine to make the blood sisters battleline and provide better insurance for the command trait. I feel like it's a bit light, but we're also talking 1k points.

Edited by Avindskjold
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Avindskjold said:

Allegiance: Daughters of Khaine
- Temple: Hagg Nar
Bloodwrack Shrine (160)
-General
-Devoted Disciple
-The Ulfúri
-Mindrazor
Hag Queen on Cauldron of Blood (220)
- Catechism of Murder
30 x Witch Aelves (300)
- Bucklers
10 x Blood Sisters (260)
Total: 940

Not much to see here, just a vanguard-level list to get my collection up and start playing. Hagg Nar needs a cauldron to make use of the command ability. Should make it easier to keep everything in range of the hag queen's buffs. Needed the shrine to make the blood sisters battleline and provide better insurance for the command trait. I feel like it's a bit light, but we're also talking 1k points.

Its a good 1k list, close to what I use for 2k. 

I would maybe not take Mindrazor but mirror dance in 1k, because the units will be fighting against are not as powerful as in 2k and teleporting both your cauldren and shrine is a lot of mobility, and if they both attack something it is dead.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My other thought is to drop magic entirely and go for prayers+cauldron buffs:

Allegiance: Daughters of Khaine
- Temple: Hagg Nar
Slaughter Queen on Cauldron of Blood (270)
-General
-Devoted Disciple
-The Ulfúri
-Catechism of Murder
Morgwaeth the Bloodied (80)
- Crimson Rejuvenation
30 x Witch Aelves (300)
- Bucklers
20 x Sisters of Slaughter (240)
-Bucklers
The Blade-coven (0)
9 x Khainite Shadowstalkers (100)
Total: 990

More of a classic Hagg Nar playstyle - blocks of aelves buffed by a cauldron. 4+/5++ helps them stick around and grind down my opponent's line while the Shadowstalkers add a touch of mobility and objective play. I played a test game with a friend and Mindrazor was very hard to get off on 8+. With that in mind, and opting for aelves instead of snakes, I feel like this list can leave the medusa behind. Hagg Nar makes the cauldron reasonably quick, at 9" move with the temple's command ability.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Avindskjold said:

My other thought is to drop magic entirely and go for prayers+cauldron buffs:

Allegiance: Daughters of Khaine
- Temple: Hagg Nar
Slaughter Queen on Cauldron of Blood (270)
-General
-Devoted Disciple
-The Ulfúri
-Catechism of Murder
Morgwaeth the Bloodied (80)
- Crimson Rejuvenation
30 x Witch Aelves (300)
- Bucklers
20 x Sisters of Slaughter (240)
-Bucklers
The Blade-coven (0)
9 x Khainite Shadowstalkers (100)
Total: 990

More of a classic Hagg Nar playstyle - blocks of aelves buffed by a cauldron. 4+/5++ helps them stick around and grind down my opponent's line while the Shadowstalkers add a touch of mobility and objective play. I played a test game with a friend and Mindrazor was very hard to get off on 8+. With that in mind, and opting for aelves instead of snakes, I feel like this list can leave the medusa behind. Hagg Nar makes the cauldron reasonably quick, at 9" move with the temple's command ability.

Id swap one of the prayers for Blessing of Khaine. Very good with Hagg Nar 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Was having another think of lists and I might try this:
image.png.b6362c06e43fa6b407439855818adc81.png

10 lifetakers incase I can get a cheeky MR. Even if not its only 160pts to throw them at something. 

2 avatars, 10 sisters and a SQ can pack a punch if needs be, and I have enough shooting to deal with screens and help chip wounds off.

1 cast, 3 dispels, 8 drops. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/22/2021 at 5:23 PM, Chumphammer said:

Ok, I tweeked the list to make it just 1 unit of Khinari, but then the FAQ came out and screwed some things, so this is the new version 

image.png.c573c1f358a7d1ca42e31c2be5d51790.png

I like this list I have something like that, why two avatars and not an ironscale for like run and charge on the 15 sisters or something?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is my Hagnar list 

image.png.18334eefe08121794a192ca8069eb255.png

Had 8 games so far and its at 5/3 so far

 

I am abit unsure if I should take 20 witches and no shadowstalkers or 10 witches and 9 shadow stalkers..

I feel like the army is very swingy and one of the games I lost was a shooting cities list with tons of shooting and 8 screens, it was basicly a city with ringformed walls of screens. He then tabelled my entire list  in two turns. 

I failed both my witch brews so mass paniced ensued from shooting, then I failed my heart of fury so his 1d3 rocket batteries really brought the hurt. 

I feel like I fail most of my stuff all the time, and then my units flee.

I should proberly have spread out my attacks to kill many screens as possible.

in maps with 9 from board edge you can basicly alpha strike, with sacrement on cauldrens, mirrordance and the command from ironscale on the sisters. You do want witchbrew off and maybe a razor, but I never get that stupid brew off.

I do like the lifetakers, they are often safe in the clouds, and the came down got a witchbrew and killed a stonehorn with turn 3 buffs.

They also came in at round 3 and killed teklis, when I both his giant spearmen unit and some archers, after that I won.

Anyone have any ideas how to make this more tough? I feel I wait a lot for buffs that never comes, compared to automatic brew from back in the days... Anyone els have this issue?

 

Edited by Gokken
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I mean the bubble is still tough. 4+AS, 5+ FNP (6+vs Mortals) with a -1D bubble is great

The reason I dont have the ironscale is two fold:

1: Yeah gives the snakes a 2D6 run and charge, but your snakes are not completely out of the bubble and only a 5+/6++. They will just die for the brief alpha they do (which they wont unless you can deal with screens)

2: His ability to give +1A is after hes attacked, which is just a waste since you wanna attack with your best option only

I have 2 x 5 Stalkers to deal with Screens. Them, with the 3 avatars worth of shooting plus medusa can clear most chaff and make a dent in big horde units

Avatars can also "thread the needle" if needed as they are a 40mm base so can sneak through gaps to cause mayhem

I take scrathcoven because you cant rely on spells or witchbrew, and being able to just ignore battleshock on my snakes means I dont have to worry as much 

I like shadowstalkers as for 100pts they can do a lot of valuable rolls. They are 

1: more durable chaff/screen than WE/Khinari. 

2: Great for capping obj sneakily 

3: good for covering board edges from deep deploy units as when you need them they can just teleport 

4: The champion packs a decent punch and tbh the unit are just ablative wounds for them

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

Are you trying for Triumph, if this is still a thing? Otherwise i might consider dropping a unit of Shadowstalkers in favor for Sisters of Slaughter. It would give you maybe a tool to counter "unleash hell" and puts you at 2k

Edited by Xil
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/19/2021 at 12:20 PM, Xil said:

Are you trying for Triumph, if this is still a thing? Otherwise i might consider dropping a unit of Shadowstalkers in favor for Sisters of Slaughter. It would give you maybe a tool to counter "unleash hell" and puts you at 2k

Yeah that might be a good call swap out. 

**edit: ******, cant do that. I didnt add the +5pts on the ironscale, so would be 2005 with SOS. so just have to stick with Shadowstalkers

Edited by Chumphammer
wrong info
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Chumphammer changed the title to Hagg Nar Sect 3.0 Updated

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...