Ironjawz 2k list - Bloodtoofs Gore-gruntas

FlipRecoil

Hey! 1st ever Ironjawz list. I like the idea of a fairly low model count army that's all about the charge. Plus I love the Gore Gruntaz models. 

Allegiance: Ironjawz

- Warclan: Bloodtoofs

Leaders

Orruk Megaboss (140)

- General

- Command Trait: Get Da Realmgate

- Artefact: Quickduff Amulet

Orruk Warchanter (110)

- Warbeat: Killa Beat

Orruk Warchanter (110)

- Warbeat: Get 'em Beat

Orruk Weirdnob Shaman (120)

- Artefact: Great Green Visions

- Lore of the Weird: Brain-busta

Battleline

9 x Orruk Gore-gruntas (480)

- Jagged Gore-hackas

9 x Orruk Gore-gruntas (480)

- Jagged Gore-hackas

10 x Orruk Brutes (260)

- Jagged Gore-hackas

5 x Orruk Brutes (130)

- Pair of Brute Choppas

Battalions

Ironfist (160)

Total: 1990 / 2000

Extra Command Points: 1

Wounds: 160

So here's my thinking - The big gruntas units get buffed by the Warchanters and head forth to lay waste. The Bloodtoofs artefact let's me teleport one for free too. The 10 brutes follow up to mop up and take on any bigger multi-wound units. The 5 brutes mainly hang back to hold home objectives and go where needed. The shaman tries to generate more CP and spits out some MWs. 

There is an alternative version that simply has 12 Gore-gruntas instead and a Megaboss on Mawcrusher. Idea remains the same except the Mawcrusher also lays waste.

Any feedback welcome! 

The list looks good.  The only thing I see is that base size of the Gore-gruntas in large units is going to cause problems moving and getting into combat.  The question you'll need to figure out is if units of 9 are the right number.  If you can only get 5 or 6 into combat, then are the extra "wounds" really buying you anything?  Does 9 give you a better counter-punch after you take a hit?

My gut feeling is that 3 units of 6x is better, as it allows you to spread the board and get them all into combat when necessary.  Moving to this spread still keeps the overall hitting power of the list, but lets you get better use out of your models.  It would still fit into an Ironfist.  This is an easy change to make, so I'd recommend playing a few games as is and seeing the pros/cons of 9x Gore-gruntas.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, meatpipeline said:

The list looks good.  The only thing I see is that base size of the Gore-gruntas in large units is going to cause problems moving and getting into combat.  The question you'll need to figure out is if units of 9 are the right number.  If you can only get 5 or 6 into combat, then are the extra "wounds" really buying you anything?  Does 9 give you a better counter-punch after you take a hit?

My gut feeling is that 3 units of 6x is better, as it allows you to spread the board and get them all into combat when necessary.  Moving to this spread still keeps the overall hitting power of the list, but lets you get better use out of your models.  It would still fit into an Ironfist.  This is an easy change to make, so I'd recommend playing a few games as is and seeing the pros/cons of 9x Gore-gruntas.

Based off what you said I came up with this alternative. Dropped Bloodtoofs for straight Ironjawz to get access to Brutish Cunning. Had 30pts left over so just dropped in an endless spell. Thanks for the advice!

Allegiance: Ironjawz

- Warclan: Ironjawz

Leaders

Orruk Megaboss (140)

- General

- Command Trait: Brutish Cunning

- Artefact: The Golden Toof

Orruk Warchanter (110)

Orruk Warchanter (110)

Orruk Warchanter (110)