Silvertower and adversary card pack expansion

Greasygeek

So while impatiently waiting for Cursed City to be released I found my WHQ: Silvertower and dystes it off to give it another go.

We played it quite a lot on its release but I mist admit that since we kinda found the game so easy that it killed the buzz a bit. That was untill a few unlucky Destiny rolls would swarm the board in adversaries and faliure was ineviteable.

Later on I got the Adversary Card Expansion but I never got to try them out for Silvertower.

After glancing through the cards yet again it appears that these cards were meant for SoH which always use a herogroup of 4(and a gryphound)

So my question is the following:

1. Has anyone of you used the adversary cardpack for Silvertower? Did it work and how did it affect the diffuculty?

2. How would you scale the exotic adversary groups, from the card pack for a game using less than 4 heroes?

Hi,

37 minutes ago, Greasygeek said:

1. Has anyone of you used the adversary cardpack for Silvertower? Did it work and how did it affect the diffuculty?

I did but only for adversary from silver tower (so just used the card to avoid flipping in the book). Obliviously it worked fine even if some card seems updated/corrected versus the original book.

38 minutes ago, Greasygeek said:

2. How would you scale the exotic adversary groups, from the card pack for a game using less than 4 heroes?

We played many games and reach conclusion that silver tower is correctly balanced at 4 player. At less, things can go crazy (too easy as well as too hard) really quick (just be unlucky on a couple of unexpected event and things goes mad).

So we end up using always 4 hero, if there is only 3 player, one player will play 2 hero or the "extra hero" will be played by the torch light carrier.

For info I have adversary card but not the hero cards extension (so I'm always using the 6 basic ones). If anyone have them in French, I would be really interested!

• Thanks 1

I never used the exotic adversaries for SoH in Silver Tower because usually there is a too many adversaries for the room. 

You can scale down the number of exotic adversaries minions if you want. 

14 hours ago, RedMax said:

For info I have adversary card but not the hero cards extension (so I'm always using the 6 basic ones). If anyone have them in French, I would be really interested!

There are many locations where you can find the hero cards for free but in english unfortunately.

If you want you can buy the card in english in the mobile App but for free i know several location online

7 hours ago, Perturbato said:

I never used the exotic adversaries for SoH in Silver Tower because usually there is a too many adversaries for the room. 

Oh... good point never thought about that. Must feel rather hopeless fighting so many opponents that there is litterally no room for them on the tile.

Say how would that go in a room filled to to the brim with Pink Horrors?!

On 2/11/2021 at 6:57 PM, Easygrin said:

Would seem.to hard to have Slaves to Darkness or Nurgle followers pop as adversaries in Silver tower.. or maybe that just me. Im currently trying to paint hammerhall with as many chaos adversaries as possible. 

Hard why? Im under the impression that the main problem for some (including me) about Silvertower is the game being to easy. That and random events going out of control.

As I refreshed the rules today I thought about maybe using the Grievious Wounds rules from SoH replacing the original rules.

A quick mod would be allowing heroes to remove all Grievious Wounds between Quests. 
anyone dis something like this?

So I guess we will be:

- using the Exotic Adversary Cards thus increasing the amount of adversaries.

- using the Grievious Wounds rules from SoH.

- Maybe looking into some sort of blocking mechanisim to stop unexpected Events exploding.