Age of Sigmar Army Popularity Survey (Results)

SirSalabean

On 2/11/2021 at 12:18 AM, BigNStinky said:

Sons of behemat player. But I also play Tamurkhans hordes (for the fat dragon toad master himself). Didn't see them represented though (I clicked on maggotkin of nurgle to simulate it). THERE ARE DOZENS OF US I SWEAR

Is that actually Vince from warhammer weekly?!

• Haha 1

Quite unexpected. Slaves, Gitz, Cities, Lumineth, Kharadron. Some of the oldest and some of the latest. Big and small collections. Traditional and very modern design. 
Seems GW would be well advised to carry on going in a wide range of directions. 

Edited by Beastmaster
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Irvy said:

It's Tuesday @SirSalabean

tenor.gif

Just seen the results - very interesting even if this is just for a bit of fun, thanks for organising it and getting so many responses. Can we make this a weekly/bi-weekly thing pleeeeease 

Hiya thank you so much!! I’m hoping to make it weekly or bi weekly with a different topic each time. I’d like to do a popularity poll each time a new army is released. Really happy people are enjoying it.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Beastmaster said:

Quite unexpected. Slaves, Gitz, Cities, Lumineth, Kharadron. Some of the oldest and some of the latest. Big and small collections. Traditional and very modern design. 
Seems GW would be well advised to carry on going in a wide range of directions. 

Definitely a big surprise especially with the views people had on Lumineth but I think the way they are going is great and it’s why I love AOS. I mean they are clearly seeing results from the fact they are continuing to head in the unique direction of AOS armies 

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

Lumineth is a surprise and I wonder if the results would have been very different before the recent leaked new models coming for them. Fyreslayers are not a shock, they need some additional creative designs. Sons is a bit smaller than I'd have thought, but I think what hit them hard was the price. That said its one force where I'd wager there's more who own one Gargant than who own a whole army. It's a slow grow project that I can see being a sleeper force that steadily gets very popular over time as people add gargant allies into their different armies. 

I'd still like to see a further survey with more specific sub categories. Seeing a breakdown of

Armies I collect
Armies I want to collect
Armies I like the look/lore
Armies I dislike look/lore

would be a neat way to tell where there are forces that are perhaps popular in concept but not ownership.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Overread said:

Lumineth is a surprise and I wonder if the results would have been very different before the recent leaked new models coming for them. Fyreslayers are not a shock, they need some additional creative designs. Sons is a bit smaller than I'd have thought, but I think what hit them hard was the price. That said its one force where I'd wager there's more who own one Gargant than who own a whole army. It's a slow grow project that I can see being a sleeper force that steadily gets very popular over time as people add gargant allies into their different armies. 

I'd still like to see a further survey with more specific sub categories. Seeing a breakdown of

Armies I collect
Armies I want to collect

would be a neat way to tell where there are forces that are perhaps popular in concept but not ownership.

I completely agree, I’ll be doing further surveys each week or bi weekly as it’s still early days, this literally starting for an aelves vs dwarfs discussion we had on the rumour thread. I’ll do more specific version of this poll when a new army is released or shown off 

Thank you! 

( Both to the people participating and SirSalabean)

Can we please adress the elephant in the Room: Stormcasts?

For an army that has been both pushed by GW AND blessed with a lot of great and easy to play/paint models they seem to be a tad underrepresented. It might be a statistical anomaly, though. 

Fyreslayers are no surprise. I keep hearing they sell really badly. Which can of course become a self fulfilling prophecy.. sell badly => no new models => sell even worse..  but that is another debate.

30 minutes ago, Overread said:

Armies I collect
Armies I want to collect

Yeah I'd like to see something like that as well. I like dwarfs and am looking boring forward to a possible Kurnothi release as well -be interesting to see what armies people would collect..

Great to see Kharadron doing well- I thought they might be popular - I'd love to see them expanded further. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Gravelords are doing quite well for an army that does not even exist.

Well, they will come and we have been given some clear views as to which direction their design will go. I, for one, am very interested. 😃

Some correlations could be interesting: Are there people that are interested in only one GA/fantasy race/whatever? If, for example, you like Lumineth, is it more likely to like everything elven? Or are the choices of a person all over the place?

30 minutes ago, Koala said:

Thank you! 

For an army that has been both pushed by GW AND blessed with a lot of great and easy to play/paint models they seem to be a tad underrepresented. It might be a statistical anomaly, though. 

Fyreslayers are no surprise. I keep hearing they sell really badly. Which can of course become a self fulfilling prophecy.. sell badly => no new models => sell even worse..  but that is another debate.

Thing is this is looking at armies people "liked". Not specifically armies they collect. It also didn't make it clear that mulit-voting was allowed. So might have Stormcast armies and not voted for them right now. It might also explain why Luminieth are very high right now. The same might happen if this was done near the vampire release with the vampire army.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Koala said:

Thank you! 

Yes, on Warhammer Weekly’s survey’s so far Stormcast have been always in one of the top spots. So this might be an outlier.

The more such surveys we get from varied sources the better of an overall picture we’d have.

Fyreslayers though ... .

22 minutes ago, Ragest said:

Jokes aside, we got (and still get) tons of hate

Good! 😈

Slaanesh and Lumineth are currently at their all-time high interest-wise, that will realistically change soon. Other all-time favorites like Nurgle are shockingly low in this poll, which seems off... Only big (and positive) surprise to me is KO being among the absolute top armies...

I would've preferred if people could only vote for ONE army - cause deep down you always got one favorite (except with family members) - but it's still a very interesting "snapshot". Thanks for putting in the work!

9 minutes ago, Beastmaster said:

Well, they will come and we have been given some clear views as to which direction their design will go. I, for one, am very interested. 😃

Some correlations could be interesting: Are there people that are interested in only one GA/fantasy race/whatever? If, for example, you like Lumineth, is it more likely to like everything elven? Or are the choices of a person all over the place?

I for one am a typical Elgi - I like Aelves and almost no one else. 😁 I have a soft spot for Goblins and Brayherds in my heart though. And I like the normal Human type of Army but the direction GW is taking the Humans often does not fully appeal to me.  As for the Grand Alliances: I am an Order player through and through. I like seeing other armies on the table and their look but could just never see myself collecting Nurgle or Slaves to Darkness or Ogres, etc.

• LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Aloth_Corfiser said:

I for one am a typical Elgi - I like Aelves and almost no one else. 😁 I have a soft spot for Goblins and Brayherds in my heart though. And I like the normal Human type of Army but the direction GW is taking the Humans often does not fully appeal to me.  As for the Grand Alliances: I am an Order player through and through. I like seeing other armies on the table and their look but could just never see myself collecting Nurgle or Slaves to Darkness or Ogres, etc.

That is great to know,

as for my grand allegiance,

I’m a skaven player player in and out.

Skaven are a part of chaos you say😱!!!!

clearly not after all the wrath of the everchosen didn’t have them in their book, and Gw definitely said it would contain rules “for every chaos faction”

So yes I am a grand allegiance skaven player😉.

There is only one true god and it is the great horned rat!!

yes-yes

Edited by Skreech Verminking
  • Like 5

6 hours ago, Koala said:

Yes as fyreslayer player im concerned with this.

We wont get new units because we dont sell enougth,but we dont sell enougth because we only have two non heroes kits. And in future we gonna get the bretonia and khemri deal due to low sales.......

I really hope after all the daemoms and elfs millions releases the dwarfs get finnally any new

Just to chime in I voted Gloomspite. Now they are not my absolute favorite but they happen to be what my main project and what I currently have the most of. 

I do not have a "favorite" per say as I'm an equal fan of Gloomies, Orruk Warclans, Nighthaunt, and most likely soon to be Gravelords. 

I Sinply chose them for the above reasons. 

Cool story, bro...  I know. 😉😄

@Doko I hope your stunties get some love soon. We Ironjawz players feel for ya, if only cause you put up a good fight.

Edited by Vasshpit

1 minute ago, Vasshpit said:

Just to chime in I voted Gloomspite. Now they are not my absolute favorite but they happen to be what my main project and what I currently have the most of. 

I do not have a "favorite" per say as I'm an equal fan of Gloomies, Orruk Warclans, Nighthaunt, and most likely soon to be Gravelords. 

I Sinply chose them for the above reasons. 

Cool story, bro...  I know. 😉😄

It IS a cool story... But I still believe that deep down there's one army you like a tiny, tiny, tiny bit more than the others, you liar. ;)

• Haha 1

I've seen a number of surveys like this where Fyreslayers score extremely poorly. This may be controversial but I think the best solution here is not to give them more models. You don't sink money into a loser. They should, at best, merge them into a combined Duardin book. It isn't just the number of options that causes them to score low. It is the visual design. There are other low kit armies that score much better in appeal and use.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1