Age of Sigmar Army Popularity Survey (Results)

SirSalabean

Hi all,

Thank you so much to everyone that participated, we had an astronomical 834 responses which Is beyond what I could have imagined and I really hope these results are helpful to the community. In  retrospect there are definitely areas I could improve in the future and I look forward to creating more polls in the future to provide useful and interesting insights into the age of sigmar community. 

Without further or do though here are the results 

image.png.05fc2a126261c004b5792a8c0fb57cb5.png

So as we can see surprisingly Lumineth Realm-Lords were voted the most with 108 of the army votes. This is incredibly interesting as they are such a new army that I think we can agree had a mixed reception with the new direction they took with the moomen hats however with these results I think its clear that there is a lot of love for them! No wonder they are getting more models!

Number two on the polls are joint Gloomspite Gitz and Slaves to Darkness, both also fairly recently updated armies, however its no surprise their great models earned their popularity. 

Number three  is Kharadron Overlords followed very closely by Cities of Sigmar, both very interesting choices with KO having an arguably amazing but smaller selection of models and Cities of Sigmar being a large selection of great but old models, hopefully both of these armies will receive some love with cities perhaps getting a fresh paint of coat? 

In joint last however we have Fyreslayers and Sons of Behemat, I think with SOB being a small and expensive new army it explain it as they are great models not sponsored by King Brodd, and Fyreslayers I think could use a look into having some new units but I just want to add that this poll has been purely for fun and informational at if theres anything to take from it its that all armies are great and although some could use some love there's a strong presence everywhere.

Later today I will be creating a poll regarding the pricing changes in more recent models and whether that's affected the communities outlook on the hobby and how much they buy. I will be taking action on the feedback received with this poll to make it more reliable and scientific. I really hope this poll has been informative and insightful to people and I apologise for the lack of scientific methodology hopefully I can improve with each one. 

Take care everyone!

Edited by SirSalabean
Results day
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 9

Hi all sorry been busy! You may pick multiple armies I’ll update the post to make it clear. How could I ask anyone to pick between multiple favourites. I for one love both Lumineth and Idoneth equally. 

I appreciate the great feedback and would like to thank everyone so far. We’ve hit 300+ responses collectively it’s phenomenal 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, LuminethMage said:

With 785 participants, and I'm sure Vince would be happy to see more data : ) 

I had no idea they did one. I’m sure there are many others like me who didn’t know so hopefully this will get a lot of responses and further support or contradict any prior results.   I think we are getting close to that number too so hopefully by next wee we would have surpassed it. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Chikout said:

It will be very interesting to see how this compares with the Warhammer weekly one. 

So far there’s a few key differences we will see how it turns out next Tuesday. I’ll do a direct comparison to the Warhammer Weekly one too if it interests people. I think this one is more encompassing of every part of the community rather than just what’s played, such as painting and general collecting too. It will be interesting though. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, SirSalabean said:

So far there’s a few key differences we will see how it turns out next Tuesday. I’ll do a direct comparison to the Warhammer Weekly one too if it interests people. I think this one is more encompassing of every part of the community rather than just what’s played, such as painting and general collecting too. It will be interesting though. 

I was just writting a post about how I think the criteria for the survey could have been more specific than "favourite". Because Lore and Aesthetic come to my mind when I read favourite, but for others that may be the army that gives them more victories, or a paint challenge, or something else entirely.

I still think your results will be interesting and I'm eager to read about it,  but we won't be sure about what is the appeal of the armies at the top or what is missing with those at the bottom. Different categories would have been  great.

Edited by Jator

24 minutes ago, Jator said:

I was just writting a post about how I think the criteria for the survey could have been more specific than "favourite". Because Lore and Aesthetic come to my mind when I read favourite, but for others that may be the army that gives them more victories, or a paint challenge, or something else entirely.

I still think your results will be interesting and I'm eager to read about it,  but we won't be sure about what is the appeal of the armies at the top or what is missing with those at the bottom. Different categories would have been  great.

Hi thank you I appreciate the feedback. This is just something I thought of on the dot and I’ve never done anything like this before but given the vast amount of reach it’s had so far it would be interesting to do this research again more scientifically and accurately. 

What I meant was what armies people liked the most hence the option to select multiple options. It wasn’t hugely specific so I apologise for that but it will still provide a representation of what people enjoy collecting/want to collect/paint/think are the coolest/etc

In the future I’ll do a better job I didn’t think this survey would get so many responses.

11 minutes ago, Beastmaster said:

I chose the ones that interest me so much that I considered and still consider collecting them at some point. Regardless if I own nothing of them, just a few models or a whole army right now. 

That’s the idea! It’s what’s coolest to each person and that can be more than one if needed.

I think there's three ways you can split the poll. 

Armies you collect - this shows not just interest, but financial interest

Armies you'd like to collect

Armies you like the lore/art/models of but do not intend to collect. 

I think those three would start to separate out viewpoints somewhat. It also would show where an army might be popular in lore, but for some reason isn't (yet)popular in models. Or where some people are very keen on a lot of armies, but might only collect one or two armies themselves. Right now with favourite is that your favourite of what you collect; of the lore; of what you might want to collect; everything you like etc.... 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Beastmaster said:

I chose the ones that interest me so much that I considered and still consider collecting them at some point. Regardless if I own nothing of them yet (Idoneth), just a few models (Skaven, Cities, Undead) or a whole army (Mawtribes) right now. 

There is something wrong with your post, i see no mention of mighty Tzeentch in there! 😎

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Overread said:

I think there's three ways you can split the poll. 

Armies you collect - this shows not just interest, but financial interest

Armies you'd like to collect

Armies you like the lore/art/models of but do not intend to collect. 

I think those three would start to separate out viewpoints somewhat. It also would show where an army might be popular in lore, but for some reason isn't (yet)popular in models. Or where some people are very keen on a lot of armies, but might only collect one or two armies themselves. Right now with favourite is that your favourite of what you collect; of the lore; of what you might want to collect; everything you like etc.... 

In future polls I will definitely do this I think. This poll will give a good representation of army popularity overall but for more accurate statistics it will need to be more specific as you’ve depicted.

32 minutes ago, MitGas said:

There is something wrong with your post, i see no mention of mighty Tzeentch in there! 😎

It’s really quite interesting, now that I think about it. The 4 daemon forces all have some absolutely stunning models in my eyes, but they never spoke to me as an army to collect, paint or play.  Dunno why.

41 minutes ago, Beastmaster said:

It’s really quite interesting, now that I think about it. The 4 daemon forces all have some absolutely stunning models in my eyes, but they never spoke to me as an army to collect, paint or play.  Dunno why.

Well, it's case of bad taste-itis. Just kidding (as with my last post). ;) We should all be thankful that we can only really dig a couple of armies each cause else we'd have no money and no social life, seriously. 

59 minutes ago, MitGas said:

Well, it's case of bad taste-itis. Just kidding (as with my last post). ;) We should all be thankful that we can only really dig a couple of armies each cause else we'd have no money and no social life, seriously. 

I’ve got 5 armies now including 40K with one being Lumineth waiting for future releases