Non-daemonic/mutated Warshrine Models

SorryLizard

Hi!

I'm building an StD army at 1kpts (15 warriors, 5 knights, 5 knights, 5 marauder horse, lord on mount, sorc on foot) but am thinking about what is needed to go above that and a Warshrine seems like a critical piece.

However, my army these is that these are not actually Chaos worshippers. They're one of the tribes that got stuck outside the Gates of Azyr when Sigmar closed them. So the army has survived by fighting against chaos tribes for generations. And, no, they're not secretly or unknowingly worshipping chaos through a different guise or deception or whatever.

So, any warshrine I do get has to be something that is mortal only, no mutants, no daemons, no obvious chaosy symbols.

Any good 3rd party options out there you can recommend? Or simple conversions to make something that would fit my theme?

Thanks!

I converted up a DoK Cauldron into a Warshrine.  I used a gorebeast from a chariot box to pull it.  It wasn’t terribly difficult.   I’ve also got plans to use a screaming bell and make a second converted Warshrine, but haven’t gotten around to it yet.

17 minutes ago, Siphon said:

I converted up a DoK Cauldron into a Warshrine.  I used a gorebeast from a chariot box to pull it.  It wasn’t terribly difficult.   I’ve also got plans to use a screaming bell and make a second converted Warshrine, but haven’t gotten around to it yet.

How did you attach the gorebeast to the shrine?

I assembled the Cauldron according to instructions and stopped when it told me to add the bottom layer of stairs.  Then I cut out the middle section between the front wheels and put the gorebeast between them.  It looks like it’s lashed between the front wheels and pulls the whole shrine.   I’m waiting to prime it as I still want to find some banners to hang from the bottom steps.

CFA17529-B5CB-459B-82E2-8A1A70F7A7A1.jpeg

26EF9A37-EE5B-4982-8597-555B9D1E6272.jpeg

F55726D9-3382-4543-A354-B9FAA4ED75ED.jpeg

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 4

On 2/10/2021 at 5:46 PM, meatpipeline said:

You could always use the War Mammoth from Lord of the Rings and kitbash a shrine of some kind on top.  That would be pretty sweet.

There might be something interesting you could do with a Herdstone as well... maybe kitbash it onto a Chaos Chariot? Or a Tuskgor Chariot?

I could probably get some small metal chain and just attach it to some models who are pulling it...

How big is the base for the Warshrine?

On 2/13/2021 at 12:31 PM, SorryLizard said:

I could probably get some small metal chain and just attach it to some models who are pulling it...

How big is the base for the Warshrine?

GW releases a base size guide for AoS.  You can find it on the download section of their website.  It says that a Chaos Warshrine is on a 120 x 92mm base.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/10/2021 at 11:46 AM, meatpipeline said:

You could always use the War Mammoth from Lord of the Rings and kitbash a shrine of some kind on top.  That would be pretty sweet.

There might be something interesting you could do with a Herdstone as well... maybe kitbash it onto a Chaos Chariot? Or a Tuskgor Chariot?

Tuskgor Chariots are actually quite tiny