A Positivity Palete Cleanser

Kramer

Don’t if it fits but last year, between the social uproar in my country followed by the pandemic, my interest in the hobby almost disappeared.

Then came august and some half deserved vacations, right on time for the beginning of the Animosity II online global narrative campaign. It even made me write fiction for the first time in my life (I am 40+).

Animosity III is starting mid July. You should all come and see for yourselves. Last year was amazing. On a side note, abandon family and quit your job if you want to be able to follow the discord. Never seen that in my life 😅

https://animositycampaigns.com/

Dominion looks great, Third edition sounds solid, I just finished basing my army, I have an upcoming job interview, my country is increasing it's vaccine game, and I am slowly getting ready to start working on my Ogres. 

There is a sense of ease approaching, as the world tries to find equilibrium and we hopefully get to breath the  fresh air and move forward once again. I am also still grateful to this awesome community for making this pandemic and isolation much more tolerable even if my contributions are at best a mild annoyance to my fellow posters. ☺️ 

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

On 5/31/2021 at 10:50 AM, Kaylethia said:

The madlad gave permission, enjoy. The first chapter starts tomorrow and lasts for two months.

20210521_202112.jpg

3D64BA9A-DACF-4B1F-AF5E-9680D2F46C81.jpeg

0EC17786-17FB-4CB5-83B5-4D2A52C85AF7.jpeg

Absolutely gorgeous - really give those fairy-tale/storybook vibes! I absolutely adore King Arthur-mega carrying Rapunzel on his back, haha. Are the notes in Estonian? Asking as I could partly understand them, so it's most likely a Baltic Finnic language.

3 minutes ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

Absolutely gorgeous - really give those fairy-tale/storybook vibes! I absolutely adore King Arthur-mega carrying Rapunzel on his back, haha. Are the notes in Estonian? Asking as I could partly understand them, so it's most likely a Baltic Finnic language.

Yup, Estonian.

Probably my favorite detail is the fact that Arthur has Excalibur stuck in his club.

• LOVE IT! 1

As for me, I haven't been this hyped and positive about the hobby in ages! The chaos duardin tease, that sliver of hope, really got me good, heheh. I have some AoS models, but I haven't really felt that urge to commit to an army yet, and suddenly I'm facing a reality where we might not only get new duardin but CHAOS DUARDIN too! How can I NOT get excited?! Doesn't matter if they're a year or two away, just gives me time to get back to painting and make room for their ranges.

This community deserves a big thanks too in rekindling that joy of Warhammer in me. TGA might not be the only AoS community out there, not necessarily even the largest (I think some subreddits might got us beat!), but it definitely is the most positive. Of course, that doesn't mean any other community is unworthy, just that there are times like now where my soul is soothed by the genuine joy for Warhammer so many here display. Allowing themselves to have fun. And that is something that makes me return to TGA time and time again. So, a big thank you to everyone who has contributed to that in these threads!

• Like 7

Want to give a shout out to the other members of Zoom League.  I’m very rarely at a loss for words but last night in the middle of the game I was playing another member entered the stream and gave me the cryptic instructions “look inside your closet”.

Instead of it being the start of a horror movie or a weird gag I found myself staring at a NIB Archaon.  The other members had gotten together to get it for me and then one had driven over, given it to my wife to hide in the room above the garage where the table is set up to allow us to play games over Zoom.

I was truly flabbergasted.  I’ve done Zoom League for love of the game and how it brings friends together.  Won’t deny it is a lot of work setting up two games and week and moving all the pieces, even in games I’m not actually playing.  But I had considered it well worth it.

Their expression of gratitude though was amazing.  So grateful to them for this and a quarantine that saw me playing more AoS than ever.

Now to figuring out how to add Archaon to Tzeentch and Khorne!

Edited by Beer & Pretzels Gamer
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 6

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

EDIT: Apologies, wasn't aware this would come across as something passive aggressive.

So just removing it, but you can still see it in the quoted post below.

Enjoy the forum guys. 

Edited by SunStorm
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, SunStorm said:

Just wanted to shout out those trying to stay positive on this forum.

It's not currently an easy time on here, with lots of rage from people who are claiming everything is ruined and that GW have personally made sure they can never play their army ever again. 

Hopefully in a few weeks (once the game reaches us normal people) things will calm down, although we do still have the coming threads and arguments caused by the "while stocks last" nightmare. 

I wouldn't contribute to this forum unless I had faith in the people here acting like adults, so lets keep being positive :)

C'mon dude, there's positivity and then there's smirking passive-aggressiveness. This isn't cool.

Just now, sandlemad said:

C'mon dude, there's positivity and then there's smirking passive-aggressiveness. This isn't cool.

I literally can't play a legal list with my collection because I lost all my battlelines but I guess saying that means I am not acting like an adult.

• Sad 1

Just now, dicebod said:

Slaanesh point changes have me looking at things I never really looked at before, like Syll'esske and the Infernal Enrapturess. Plus I have a tentative game on the calendar with the awesome @Athrawes, so things are looking up!

Syll'Esske is actually pretty nice with mortals, esp with the nerf to inspiring presence :) I'd recommend them

I am really excited about the new edition. I also finally have enough models for a Tzeentch force, so I am really looking forward to playing my first game with Desciples of Tzeentch (and Tzeentch-marked Slaves of Darkness). 
In the same time, I am painting Lord of Change, and I’m really enjoying the colour scheme. It will be one of my centrrpiece models, so I really want to spend some extra time and make it special.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Painbringer said:

I am really excited about the new edition. I also finally have enough models for a Tzeentch force, so I am really looking forward to playing my first game with Desciples of Tzeentch (and Tzeentch-marked Slaves of Darkness). 
In the same time, I am painting Lord of Change, and I’m really enjoying the colour scheme. It will be one of my centrrpiece models, so I really want to spend some extra time and make it special.

Congrats my friend, it is a great feeling cracking that full army milestone. I just finished up my 2000 Slaves to Darkness and have an ogre army in the works.

I am excited about hopefully getting my hands on Dominion. But if not I have my eyes on a Kharadron Battleforce, Shadow and Pain and have been mulling over the idea of grabbing a souldrain forest set and start collecting Sylvaneth. I just got a new job and want to celebrate with an approximately 200 dollar start on an order army. 

AoS 3.0 has also re-ignited some Warhammer in me. I dropped out around the 7th edition of Warhammer Fantasy Battle (and, yes, I am a stout Duardin with a graying beard). Since the aesthetic of over-sized big heads and hands is still off-putting in some armies to me, the more fantastic ones hold an higher appeal. At the end I settled at Sylvaneth (over my dust gathering Ogre army). Here my starting buy (might have gone a little overboard :-)

01397220-B469-46FF-BB4A-C92078C2D764.jpeg

Edited by Legatus Seneca
  • Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 2

27 minutes ago, Legatus Seneca said:

AoS 3.0 has also re-ignited some Warhammer in me. I dropped out around the 7th edition of Warhammer Fantasy Battle (and, yes, I am a stout Duardin with a graying beard). Since the aesthetic of over-sized big heads and hands is still off-putting in some armies to me, the more fantastic ones hold an higher appeal. At the end I settled at Sylvaneth (over my dust gathering Ogre army). Here my starting buy (might have gone a little overboard 🙂

01397220-B469-46FF-BB4A-C92078C2D764.jpeg

Welcome on board friend,

That is a lovely collection and Sylvaneth are one of the coolest lines in the game. There are constant rumours abuzz about Kurnothi Aelves aka bestial Woodelves to hopefully expand your army. 

I am also a relic of the old world and I just found my first grey hair two days ago... 😩

20 hours ago, dicebod said:

Slaanesh point changes have me looking at things I never really looked at before, like Syll'esske and the Infernal Enrapturess. Plus I have a tentative game on the calendar with the awesome @Athrawes, so things are looking up!

I was tentatively hot on Entrapturesses at the launch of the book, and 3.0 has only made them more interesting to me, and I think they have a place in all of the hosts. As for Syll'esske anything that projects Battleshock immunity in 3.0 is worth trying at least once imo, and their spell is bonkers obviously. I'm actually considering a unit of 3 Fiendbloods as a Levitate target in a Godseekers build.  In my head I have Syll'esske, cogs, and 3 Fiendbloods as a little base to build off of.

Hope you have fun with @Athrawes 

Great thread, thanks all

Over the past year I've been a health worker working in a pandemic and also contracted a chronic eye condition in which my cornea frequently is ripped off the surface. Its currently manageable but it might not always be. In short, it's made me thankful for my vision and made me rethink what I want to gain from painting. 

So I've been prioritising playing with paint and learning how to finish things to a good standard in a short space of time, just trying stuff, being kind to myself. Bob Ross ethos basically. 

Inspired by Marco Frisoni's limited palette experiments I painted the very desaturated guys with a limited palette of olive, black, white, magenta, yellow, cyan and red (and silver for weapons), took about 2 hours, was fairly indifferent to them but focussed on what I liked and what worked rather than what upset me about them. My main aim was to  create colour and interest despite only having 5 colours and black and white. 

Then I did the same thing again later in the week, taking forward the things I had learned about colours, paint consistency (was using new paints) and did the next two. Main thing I realised was that I'm much happier with thick paint and glazing down than I am with light paint layering up..

Took a bit longer at 3 hours but again, 2 more minis, more things learned, more things to utilise and enjoy. I know I can paint a unit of five guys to a standard I'd be happy to game with over the course of a few relaxed evenings now, and that's liberating.

20210619_140713.jpg

20210619_140908.jpg

Edited by Nos
  • Like 6
  • LOVE IT! 1

For those looking for a ray of hope and positivity. I played a 2500 point game yesterday of 3rd edition using the new points.

Playing my Lumineth, I just got my ass handed to me by a Hedonites of Slaanesh army using fiends and slaangor. 

If that's not a ray of hope in these dark times, I don't know what is!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Athrawes said:

For those looking for a ray of hope and positivity. I played a 2500 point game yesterday of 3rd edition using the new points.

Playing my Lumineth, I just got my ass handed to me by a Hedonites of Slaanesh army using fiends and slaangor. 

If that's not a ray of hope in these dark times, I don't know what is!

Don't say that! GW might hear you and increase their points again :P

Glad you enjoyed the game though! Despite my personal misgivings with Slaanesh, I do think AoS 3 has some good additions to the rules. 

• Haha 1

Played what will probably be my last game of 2.0 last night. Was super fun, but I was just constantly thinking about some 3.0 rules and how excited I am. We played 2x40 chainrasp list vs. a 2x40 saurus warrior list, as these unit sizes will be going away. 

During his movement I kept thinking about command abilities I could use, was really wishing I had heroic and monster actions for the carnosaur. Was seeing how powerful roar could be in the right spot. So many things. 2.0 has been so much, but I am pumped to see and play something a bit different and find the strategies in them (and be continually outplayed). Even if a lot of my collection won't be played now. 

I'm excited to make a million new lists and only get to play about one tenth of them and never play a single list enough times to actually get good at it. the more things change the more they stay the same. 

I’m really looking forward to the new edition- a lot of new stuff to learn and I’ll need to rejig how I build my armies, but it’ll be an interesting challenge, and it’s definitely attracting some interest in my local gaming group just as in person games are starting to get more viable. 

• Like 1

The new edition is super exciting and I'm continuing to love the new models, even though I'm not adding them to my collection. Once the dust settles from the birth pangs, third edition will be even better than 2nd with more list variance and new counter play possibilities every turn. While COVID knocked my hobby enthusiasm down to barely anything, the new game (and the possibility of actually playing games!) has sparked me up again and I'm thinking about starting a whole new army to celebrate! I'm feeling very good about the whole gaming thing right now 😄