Conversion Idea -- Opinions Wanted!

So I was a Caledor-themed High Elf player in WFB and I'm carrying that through to my LRL (now that I actually have some time to get working on my stuff!).  Towards that end, I started stockpiling Dark Elf Cold Ones for use as mounts for my Dawnriders.  They're not dragons, I know, but I felt it would contribute a bit to the theme.  Now that I'm about to start putting clippers to sprue, I'm having second thoughts and I figured I'd come to the experts.  I was going to try my hand at making a Spirit of the Mountain into a dragon instead of a bull too.

I'm curious as to what my fellow Lords and Ladies Regent think of this idea.  Thanks!

21 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

Mhm the mountain conversion is costly and can look quite wrong pretty fast (furry dragon with hooves?)

The Dawnriders should work out I guess :)

It'd take more than a head-swap, for sure.  Clawed feet, a little knife-work, and some greenstuff -- plus I was going to gouge out the mountain on the back and turn it into a volcano instead, since my army's home fortress is built into the side of a volcano.

12 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Let me know if you're in the market for more cold one mounts if you havent already sourced all you need.

I have 15 so far, which I think is sufficient for the moment -- but I'll let you know if I change my mind.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Okay I may be giving you a terrible idea but if you want to go for an eastern style dragon you could always get the head of a star drake and the lower half of Morathi with the mountain cows body but that seems really expensive.

That sounds horribly expensive yet like it might actually work really well if converted right! 

3 hours ago, The Decree Tyrionic said:

So I was a Caledor-themed High Elf player in WFB and I'm carrying that through to my LRL (now that I actually have some time to get working on my stuff!).  Towards that end, I started stockpiling Dark Elf Cold Ones for use as mounts for my Dawnriders.  They're not dragons, I know, but I felt it would contribute a bit to the theme.  Now that I'm about to start putting clippers to sprue, I'm having second thoughts and I figured I'd come to the experts.  I was going to try my hand at making a Spirit of the Mountain into a dragon instead of a bull too.

I'm curious as to what my fellow Lords and Ladies Regent think of this idea.  Thanks!

@Chumphammer his Dawnriders into White Lion riders, I think you can find the photos in the “photos and lore” thread. That looks great, so your Cold Ones idea should also work just fine. 
He also changed the Spirit into a White Lion spirit. Maybe you can check with him for some advice. 

I don’t know if this makes any difference for you, but it is pretty likely that the Lumineth get dragon-like creatures in the future. They are shown on the Dawnrider banner, Warden breastplate and some artwork in the Battletome. So far, the symbols and runes have been really telling for the Lumineth. GW calls them phoenixes, but they look pretty dragon like.