The Painting Contract - February 2021

TheOtherJosh

Hello folks and welcome to the Painting Contract for February 2021! (It’s a short month this month!)

If you don't know the rules they are:

Each month you post an amount of models that you agree to try to paint/build/convert/sculpt. This can be terrain or models for Age Of Sigmar, Warcry, Blood Bowl, Blitz Bowl, Warhammer Underworlds, Warhammer Quest, Gorechosen, or HeroQuest

On the 28th of the month the contract closes and you can then post your progress images so that they can be critiqued, shared and boasted about. It is a great way to get involved in the community and to get inspiration.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone share their progress!

Enjoy!

@Mohojoe  &  @TheOtherJosh & special thanks to @Kramer

• Like 3

I'm feeling Nurgle again after last month's work. It'd be good to have both the Fantasy and 40k sides of the project rounded off. So:

Core commitments:

• Horticulous Slimux
  • Convert and paint 5 Chaos Knights
  • 3 Chaos Warriors
  • The Wurmspat
  • Festus
  • Finish off the details on 3 stretch goal characters from last month.

Stretch Goals:

• Rebase 20 Chosen of Nurgle 
  • Paint and rebase 7 classic metal characters.
  • Gnarlmaw

Much smaller goal this month - 47 minis as opposed to >120, and many of them are just rebasing jobs, but once they're done I'll officially have no unpainted models in my Nurgle collection for the first time in about 20 years.

• Like 2

Lessons learned

- I can mix shyish purple with screamer pink and produce the same base color

- it's actually easier to use in my experience over the army painter stuff I got.

- got to be patient on the face - had an unfortunate mishap with the eyes and it went downhill lol, can only salvage what I had, but better than ruining it lol.

-The canoptek alloy over runelord brass color is basically the same pale gold all the lumineth players hate creating with dryad bark and liberator gold on the trim. - corax white on a wet pallete is basing white in easy mode

gD26PH9.jpg

7Gr28E0.jpg

2omYuip.jpg

Tc5jHiQ.jpg

R8FIBml.jpg

Edited by ThalmorRepresentative
  • Like 3

This month I'm hoping will be somewhat productive with mid-winter break coming up, so here goes:

3x Bloodreavers

2x Elf Sorcerers (DnD models) painted with oils

1x Skullreaper if I have time 

That's about all I'll aim to complete for now

My painting blog: https://www.tga.community/blogs/blog/432-the-neckbeard-monthly/

Edited by ogarrah
typos lol
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Sonnenspeer said:

Thanks a lot! The armour is just super thin downed akhelian  green over leadbelcher with a dry brush of Necrons compound 😅

Looks great, very fitting for Idoneth, or even elvish armour in general. 👏👏👏 I really like Akhelian Green, part of all my Aetherquartz gems. 

I’m back to painting a lot of projects simultaneously, so I’m not sure if I even finish a single miniature this month...

I’m progressing at the same time with:

-Mangler squig

-6 executioners

-5 shadow warriors

-Sorceress

-Cold one chariot

-2 dracoths

(And got skraggrot, snufflers and loonboss with squig all half painted in the shelve lol)

Loads of work indeed

Also here is my conversion for the dreadlord (the spear on the photo has been changed by a lance, as it was imposible to keep the metal glued together!). It still looks awesome.

53861A47-2E53-42FF-B8DA-DDEC29AA81EE.jpeg

F21A2920-8688-436C-BD09-36639801B52D.jpeg

Edited by Jymmy
  • LOVE IT! 1

Started working on my Eidolon cloak! It's themed around the Shyishan sea, touched by the essence of death magic.

EDIT: Also managed to do some work on the mount skin for all the Akhelian Corps. I may have overdone it on the skintones, but I think when all the other elements like the armor and the akhelians themselves get picked out, then it'll all come together a lot more, as those are the cohesive elements.

EDIT #2: Also finished washes on my Ironscale Melusai

EjuXwQJ.jpg

5CeQtBz.jpg

EjYjCGN.jpg

8i6k99V.jpg

JJhS9OU.jpg

cbEpUCn.jpg

ADTXlOu.jpg

XehW4o3.jpg

uouic47.jpg

Y2m4KLU.jpg

k2sNcSO.jpg