Tactics, Tips and Tricks for LRL

Allonairre

This is not something I am amazing at, but I do enjoy theoryhammer. As I have already stated I am just learning the game and the army  

I am sure that there are some obvious things that people do but I think they are worth sharing and compiling, if this is a double post then mods delete...

what I have tried so far
Voice of the Mountains + Darkness of the soul is amazing (in theory, in practice leadership seems crazy high and the -2 or -3 is crucial)...so that’s 2 spells you want to cast from Cathallar and stone mage...

Take spells to help a different unit on your units, I think this is probably not a hard and fast rule but generally I want to cast 5+ mortal wounds on themselves so shooting assistance has to come from a different unit than the archers, move assistance from a different unit than knights and ethereal from a different unit than spears.  

Be very aware of wholly within from Cathallar, this is tricky but I think one of our best weapons vs elites is get beaten up and bounce the wounds back, eg Charge a bad match (character, shoot a big unit that’s closish) do a wound to the unit and stack all your combat wounds on the unit) probably just mean your opponent burns cp but with VoM and Total Eclipse in play you are probably managing those well. 

Don’t do both units declaring vs same unit due to having to declare who is fighting first you can be taken out of combat... I think I am reading that rule right. 

I don’t think Shining light is a choice, ie. if I am charged in shining light and go before enemy I can’t just chose to pile in 3” ending shining light, I have to take myself out of it in movement phase or be taken out of it through casualties. Would love to know your thoughts on this because that’s my reading of the rule. 

I know there’s heaps more but these are a few to start, tear them down or other suggestions am sure there are heaps out there.