Warhammer Quest: Ulfenkarn

Sharkbelly

On 4/20/2021 at 12:56 AM, Jefferson Skarsnik said:

Your translation is pretty much verbatim from the English rules. Small hostiles always end their move in an adjacent square to a hero. If there is a square that contains another small hostile already adjacent to a hero, they must move in to share that square with the small hostile rather than move into any empty square or attack any other hero.

In the example picture on p29 you can see that Darrock is already surrounded on all sides by squares full of two zombies (which count as small) so the bat swarm can not attack him even though he is closest. It also can't attack Glaurio, who has no enemies adjacent to him at all. It must attack Glimscry, who has a zombie adjacent to him, and it must move into the same space already occupied by the zombie.

If you needed to place another small enemy after that, it could occupy an empty square next to a hero, because all the other small enemies are now occupying full squares.

but if they dont end their movement adjacent to a hero (because out of range by a mile) they do not need to go into a square with another small one, correct? just when they are about to attack.? :)

anyway thx for trying to clarify. You are a hero! like when they just came in from the gate. the first zombie moves 2 squares..then the next one comes in.. does this zombie need to end in the same square or can he go into an empty one as long as there is no fight?

Edited by Huanchi

On 4/20/2021 at 3:24 PM, Huanchi said:

but if they dont end their movement adjacent to a hero (because out of range by a mile) they do not need to go into a square with another small one, correct? just when they are about to attack.? :)

anyway thx for trying to clarify. You are a hero! like when they just came in from the gate. the first zombie moves 2 squares..then the next one comes in.. does this zombie need to end in the same square or can he go into an empty one as long as there is no fight

I would say the second zombie moves into the same square as the first zombie. Small enemies will always try to end their move 1) adjacent (or as close as possible) to a hero it can attack and 2) in the same square as another small enemy. If the zombies start from the same square, they will take the same path, towards the same hero, and end up together?

I managed to get a copy through my FLGS so I have been feeling pretty optimistic throughout all of this confusion but upon seeing the Radukar the Beast reveal today my immediate thoughts were - "that's what could have been."

There is no reason to believe that the release was ever intended for Cursed City or even related to Cursed City but it just goes to show how the lack of communication has affected my feelings around these things. Even a clear cut message to say that no, there will not be any expansions to the game would make me happy. Even if it's not the answer I was hoping for. 

Still getting that model though. :) And will probably homebrew some rules to make it work. It's far too cool not to. And kinda fixes the issue a lot of people have about Radukar not being quite big bossish enough.

• Like 1