Warhammer Quest: Ulfenkarn

Sharkbelly

With the exception of the tiles and maybe a reveal of the game mechanics, they couldn't have that much left to go through?! ...without giving it all away.

We've already seen all of the contents of the box, which felt like the big pre-launch hype train approaching pre-order station.

At this point it feels like they are working on maintaining interest instead of building hype.

Pre-order day is going to be massive for them.

I wonder whether it will be pushed to be released after the Lumineth. So they can focus their sales.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gwill_of_the_Woods said:

With the exception of the tiles and maybe a reveal of the game mechanics, they couldn't have that much left to go through?! ...without giving it all away.

We've already seen all of the contents of the box, which felt like the big pre-launch hype train approaching pre-order station.

At this point it feels like they are working on maintaining interest instead of building hype.

Pre-order day is going to be massive for them.

I wonder whether it will be pushed to be released after the Lumineth. So they can focus their sales.

Honestly I feel like the pace they're going they plan to stretch the teases out for months to come. I mean at the point where they're literally doing a whole article just on the lore of the zombies...

They could easily do a whole series of articles about different aspects of the core mechanics, then individual articles showing some of the rules for all of the heroes, then all of the bad guys, etc...

I think the fact that they haven't shown us any rules stuff yet at all is a bad sign - if the release was soon I feel like they'd have talked about that already. 

My prediction is Cursed City is still a ways off. 

1 hour ago, robinlvalentine said:

Honestly I feel like the pace they're going they plan to stretch the teases out for months to come. I mean at the point where they're literally doing a whole article just on the lore of the zombies...

They could easily do a whole series of articles about different aspects of the core mechanics, then individual articles showing some of the rules for all of the heroes, then all of the bad guys, etc...

I think the fact that they haven't shown us any rules stuff yet at all is a bad sign - if the release was soon I feel like they'd have talked about that already. 

My prediction is Cursed City is still a ways off. 

That's not impossible (or even especially unlikely, really) but it would make their decision to reveal all the models a bit puzzling. Plus, there was this recent tweet by Element Games that they were going to preview the game. These two pieces of evidence suggest to me that the release of Cursed City was planned to be this month(ish), but it is probably being pushed back due to the logistics issues we know GW is experiencing right now.

3 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

That's not impossible (or even especially unlikely, really) but it would make their decision to reveal all the models a bit puzzling. Plus, there was this recent tweet by Element Games that they were going to preview the game. These two pieces of evidence suggest to me that the release of Cursed City was planned to be this month(ish), but it is probably being pushed back due to the logistics issues we know GW is experiencing right now.

Well, at least this new article tells us it's 'not long now' until Cursed City is released. Still a bit skeptical myself but does seem to suggest it should be at least within the next month or so... 

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/03/09/the-gorgeous-environments-that-bring-the-cursed-city-to-life/

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, robinlvalentine said:

Well, at least this new article tells us it's 'not long now' until Cursed City is released. Still a bit skeptical myself but does seem to suggest it should be at least within the next month or so... 

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/03/09/the-gorgeous-environments-that-bring-the-cursed-city-to-life/

Hope your right but they do this all the time. 
‘Very soon’ and ‘Not long now’ can be everything from next sunday to sometimes this summer.

31 minutes ago, Greasygeek said:

Hope your right but they do this all the time. 
‘Very soon’ and ‘Not long now’ can be everything from next sunday to sometimes this summer.

Yeah as I say I remain cynical about the release date for this one. I think it's safest to assume it'll be a while yet and be pleasantly surprised rather than getting excited and then disappointed every weekend! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chikrit said:

So, being a necromancer himself, might he be able to control and/or summon his own fellas?

That would be a cool mechanic! In any case, I am excited about Octren being in the game because he's definitely a cooler looking necromancer than the one we have right now, if nothing else. I wonder if he will get AoS rules as a Cities Battlemage or as a Soulblight Necromancer.

7 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I wonder if he will get AoS rules as a Cities Battlemage or as a Soulblight Necromancer.

Before his bio, I would have bet on CoS Battlemage of Shyish (or a new CoS wizard warscroll), but now more think he's part of Death GA. So either as current necro warscroll or a new one or even something new within Soulblight.

In any case, I'm happy as his design make him perfect proxy for CoS battle mage as well as LoN necro (I do already use some CoS battle mage as additional necromancer proxy anyway...) !

• Like 1

An in-depth look at Cleona Zeitengale is up on Warhammer Community:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/03/18/cleona-zeitengale-foresaw-the-cursed-citys-fall-shame-that-everyone-ignored-her/

WHQ CursedCityCrier Mar18 Content2m

Personally, I think she might be my least favourite hero, but her aesthetic is still strong. I'd like if Cities of Sigmar got expanded in this direction or if a new Order of Azyr army built on this look.

17 hours ago, Sharkbelly said:

To be honest, we should have seen this one coming, he's literally on the cover of the book after all. Although in my defense, I thought that was an off-model Octren Glimscry without his mask.

BLCursedCity Mar22 BookCard27hs3

bVwpXINhpCRw0t1h.jpg

Notable, though: No Stormcast hero at all for cursed city. I guess they are too good to deal with a bunch of Vampires now that Gordrak is getting ready to break down the gates of Azyr.

14 hours ago, RedRowan said:

There's a new article briefly discussing heroes levelling up.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/03/23/how-to-get-even-faster-tougher-or-more-murder-y-in-warhammer-quest-cursed-city/

Mentions at the bottom that the game will be available to pre-order soon so it may be closer than I thought, possibly an April pre-order date.

Steve

I really like the fixed-path level up system and the streamlined slots that keep track on weapons, armour and equipment. It seems similar to Zombicide, where it works well. When  solo playing, it can get real messy with 2 x 4 upgrade cards per character - especially if you play with all four characters! I like the inspired/un-inspired mechanic of Blackstone Fortress for how it - to a certain degree - adressed this issue, but this seems even better!