Warhammer Quest: Ulfenkarn

Sharkbelly

4 hours ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

Anywhere between March and May (probably not as early as March but some people claim to have an inside scoop that it could be)?

Nothing offical yet, but i think so too. Someone said they mentioned a solo mode in the reveal stream (dunno if true).

so it make sens for GW trying to release it as fast as possible and give it a higher prio like a battletome or codex looking at  the current global situation. But who knows maybe they want wait for the new ‚business year‘ Numbers (july?).

That said i think the next two weeks will give us hints. If they continue to share more news of cursed city on the Community page, release can‘t be far away.

I think the game is already in the Warehouse and it‘s just a matter of Business/Release strategy.

12 hours ago, Gwill_of_the_Woods said:

Didn't they release the Silver Tower "heroes" in clam pack eventually?!

The rules could be on the website in pdf and on whichever apps they have now.

For AoS heroes, they'd probably do a Silver Tower style expansion with player character cards.

Yes. 

And they had an silver tower app with a bunch of heroes you could play. Unless they change the core mechanics that could still work. 

1 hour ago, Kramer said:

Yes. 

And they had an silver tower app with a bunch of heroes you could play. Unless they change the core mechanics that could still work. 

Assuming at least one month between releases to let them have some room to breathe:

February is Hedonites.

BR: Teclis is in late March at the earliest. BR installments seem to come out around two months after their announcement. 

That could put Cursed City in March or May, depending on when BR: Teclis comes out. I think May is more likely.

Normally Im just a lurker but unbelievably psyched for this game.

For my money a lot of the art we've seen is digital renderings of exact models (the kneeling vampire who's sword is a rumor engine and the zombie with treestump on its back and root growing through it chest are good examples) so I think we've already got a good idea of how the models will look.

I'm wondering if the big boss chap with the wolf pelt on his shoulder might have 2 models and transform into a werewolf beastie when defeated! Definitely think we've got some werewolves coming!

Edited by Jenton
Edited for grammar!
  • Like 4

After the new previews we can now confirm that these rumour engines are Cursed City related:

Spoiler

2020-09-22.jpg2020-07-28.jpg2020-12-12.png

The reasoning goes like this:

Watch Captain Halgrim stands on a pillar with a distinctive chevron pattern:

2020-08-04b.jpg

That same pattern is seen in the rumour engine with the paw and the raven with the key. And if the raven is Cursed City, so is the rat.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

That same pattern is seen in the rumour engine with the paw and the raven with the key. And if the raven is Cursed City, so is the rat.

Good catch there. The skeleton companions of Halgrim also look fantastic.

They mentioned in the article a weekly News till release, so with 7 heroes and 3 overlords left, maybe we could see a release in early march.

45 minutes ago, FireAbend said:

Good catch there. The skeleton companions of Halgrim also look fantastic.

They mentioned in the article a weekly News till release, so with 7 heroes and 3 overlords left, maybe we could see a release in early march.

Since you mention the other skeletons:

2020-12-17.png2020-12-17a.jpg

Their banner interestingly does not match the one from the Rumour Engine. I think that means we can expect a second banner bearer sculpt.

EDIT:

The skeleton with the shield from the new year's preview is probably the Ulfenwatch skeleton on the left.

8c553574-unknown-model.jpg

The shield seems to be broken in the same place, the colours match, and you can see the spear shaft in the video as the model rotates. That just leaves the axe zombie.

Edited by Neil Arthur Hotep
Added the new year's teaser image.

Super amped on this. I've been hankering to paint up different models without the pressure to start an entire faction. Based on what I saw with Blackstone Fortress the amount of models (Heroes, Mobs, Bosses etc) is insane and I like the idea of a self-contained painting project. Plus skeletons are fun to paint without the pressure of painting hundreds of them.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sharkbelly said:

I just noticed something:

We’ll be taking another look at some more of the models from Warhammer Quest: Cursed City next week. In the meantime, make sure that you check out the website for more information about this exciting new cooperative game.

So it will be co-op?

IIRC they confirmed coop mode in the reveal stream and they also compared it in their first article with Silver-Tower and BSF. They didn't mention Shadows over Hammerhal, what also indicates coop.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Sharkbelly said:

Interesting they used Kurnothi in the title but no where else.  And that she's not half-animal...  Her story mimics the Wanderer story in AoS more than the Kurnothi one.  

I really hope this game is 1+.  Would give me a legitimate excuse to pick it up.

16 hours ago, Popisdead said:

Interesting they used Kurnothi in the title but no where else.  And that she's not half-animal...  Her story mimics the Wanderer story in AoS more than the Kurnothi one.  

I really hope this game is 1+.  Would give me a legitimate excuse to pick it up.

Well she's got horns and a soul pod at her waist like the other Kurnothi so maybe Kurnothi are more mixed like DoK, Its a knockout sculpt -I'm loving all the models so far, definitely get the feeling this is coming sooner rather than later - maybe March? 

In terms of the heroes we have-

Witchhunter

Kurnothi scout

Kharadron

knight

Priest/wizard

Brute [orruk/ogre?]

Thoughts  on  the last two? Dispossessed/slayer maybe? Another Aelf? Hafling?

• Like 1

Safe bet- fyre slayer maybe?

Thinking of stereotypical archetypes, we need a healer and a stealthy rogue-ish glass canon fighter.

Healer- sylvaneth branch something, aelvish wizard? Skink?

Stealthy ninja type- a khanite, shadow elf, a fyres layer may fill the glass canon combat role.

I'd like to see something completely left field but also keeping to the gritty aesthetic.

A steam-punky golem of duardin design?

6 hours ago, silverstu said:

Well she's got horns and a soul pod at her waist like the other Kurnothi so maybe Kurnothi are more mixed like DoK,

Good point.  I noticed that last night while painting one of Beastgrave bow Kurnothi that she has a soulpod.  I guess just exciting to see.

4 hours ago, silverstu said:

Yeah ;looks like the Wolf, one of the wolf-y vamps and the hero priest/mage character. Can't wait to see more- with this reveal maybe its coming sooner than expected? Maybe late march?

Had the same thought (a man can dream?!), maybe more info on the preview. 

It'll be interesting to see if there are 'minions' for every bad guy (like the skeletons for Captain Halgrim).
If that's the case maybe some zombies for the gravekepper, some vampires for the long-hair-red-armor dude, werewolfs for the boss and animals for the dude with the candle and the cat.

Also there's the 'Gheistgale' on the map = nighthaunt?
The 'Clot' + 'Crypt-halls' = Flesh-Eater?
The 'Hangman's Copse' = Bats?

Would also love to see some duardin zombies for the 'Alten Skydocks'.

On 1/24/2021 at 11:27 PM, BrocknerTheBear said:

The "undead ork" from the previous reveal video is actually, I think, the necromancer esc guy (the beards match exactly and so do the big cuffs on his hands) and it's just very close up photos to make it look bigger then it is.

And.......called it ;)

Well hes got a beard anyways hahahahahahaha

Couldn't have been more wrong as it turns out.

Edited by BrocknerTheBear
Spelling
  • Like 1