New white dwarf

N_Watson

I really liked the issue. They mentioned at some point that they were prepping this issue at the same time as they were making the weekly issues and that is why you have some stuff from the Horus Heresy weekender in February and other things that have been seen before.  From here on in the team only has one job and that is making this one magazine awesome. I hope it continues. The only thing I would like to see more of would be some more fluff. Either short stories or info on specific armies a la index Astartes from the old issues. 

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it available digitally somewhere? Checking Black Library it seems to have stopped with the weekly issues and on GW it simply lists the hard copies and September sold out. I'm on the fence about a subscription and then getting mostly 40K material for the next year!

EDIT: I found an app in a completely different part of the website (not sure why there isn't something like "sold out, but you might be interested in buying a digital copy" link below), but only for iPad and not my phone. No classic PDF like other gaming mags (of course, all the others I read are ONLY published in PDF)? Too bad, I didn't need the free figure and was just going to read the articles!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys just wondering how much AoS content is in the second monthly issue.  First issue was a no-brainer, but deciding whether I'm going to pick and choose if some issues are going to have less content relevant to AoS and its spin-offs. 

I quite enjoyed this issue of WD but I might be a little bit biased.

The eavy metal masterclass and tale of gamers particularly.

At the moment with the focus being on 40k it's taken me longer to get through than if it was primarily AOS.

but for the £50 a year I don't mind and can only see it getting better. 

6 hours ago, Lez said:

At the moment with the focus being on 40k it's taken me longer to get through than if it was primarily AOS.

I'm concerned I will be the opposite, blink and its over as I skip 2/3 of the magazine.    Anyone care to elaborate on what the Illuminations / Champions of the Mortal Realms is about?

30 minutes ago, BrAiKo said:

I'm concerned I will be the opposite, blink and its over as I skip 2/3 of the magazine.    Anyone care to elaborate on what the Illuminations / Champions of the Mortal Realms is about?

Some quick blurbs on 4 or 5 of the minis with some very nice photos.  Nothing super deep from what I can recall at the moment.

20 hours ago, Lez said:

I quite enjoyed this issue of WD but I might be a little bit biased.

The eavy metal masterclass and tale of gamers particularly.

but for the £50 a year I don't mind and can only see it getting better. 

I saw your parade ground army in the magazine, Congrats on the spot! 

Amazing looking Celestial Vindicators

Archived