Tzeentch - Grand Alliance Changes Make Sense?

vicar1492

So I just got the Grand Alliance Chaos book (Agents of Chaos) and noticed some changes in the book to Tzeentch.

I don't understand why the Tzeentch abilities make so little sense to me - here are some examples.

Our leader ability boosts the value of other abilities for a triple - okay, not that useful - but then they make most of our abilities not dependent on the value of an ability (locus of sorcery is probably the only viable option to actually use it with, since the arcanite double ability doesn't depend on value)

The Ogroid Thaumaturges newly reworded ability is literally just a worse version of Onslaught - if your ogroid has taken 15 or more points of damage then you get to add 1 to the attack characteristic of melee until the end of the battle round; its literally just onslaught but has an extra requirement; I mean why is this a thing? [again another ability that cannot benefit from Master of Destiny]

Guided by the Future for our skyfires is a quad which has added restrictions on who you can use it on - and yet its effect is the same as the non-restricted stormcast triple that castigators have.

Its like all our abilities are lesser versions of other abilities, and our primary leader ability is nigh unusable.

The one stellar ability I thought we had was still hit or miss, but was the Warptongue Blade on the Gaunt Summoner which has now been nerfed.  They capped out the damage on a roll of 6 to 3 - and the summoner has less wounds, and costs more points.

I like some of the Tzeentch units, but honestly, it feels like they got the shaft when it comes to abilities in Warcry - other people's thoughts? Am I just looking at this wrong - what's the situation? Do you think this is an intentional design choice or just a lack of consideration?

The Ogroid Thaumaturges newly reworded ability is literally just a worse version of Onslaught - if your ogroid has taken 15 or more points of damage then you get to add 1 to the attack characteristic of melee until the end of the battle round; its literally just onslaught but has an extra requirement; I mean why is this a thing? [again another ability that cannot benefit from Master of Destiny]

In case of Ogroid Thaumaturge, the ability is not "until the end of battle round", it is "until the end of battle" that mean from that point your Thaumaturge have 1 more Attack and even if you remove his damage, he will still get this bonus. 

Edited by cabal2131

ahh, see - I was missing something! Thanks for clarifying. As a side inquiry to that though. Since most scenarios only last 3 battle rounds, and you're unlikely to have taken 15 damage in the first round (at least in my experience) to a single fighter [and if you have, then your Thaumaturge is unlikely to see round 3 at that rate]. It means you are likely to get only 2 rounds of use out of it. Which would mean in all likelihood, assuming you use two doubles in two rounds you get between 1-2 extra attacks as opposed to using onslaught twice. [2nd round - boost attacks by 1, 3rd round - boosts attacks by 1 in addition to the first boost - and if you can double attack you've netted 2 more attacks then double onslaught] - Am I thinking about this correctly?