Colour suggestions for "flaming" autumn TLA beard and tabard?

albionsangel

Hi all,

I have just started a Sylvaneth army and I am really proud of my colour scheme. Here is a picture of the chest of my Treelord Ancient.

r/ageofsigmar - Colour suggestions for "flaming" autumn TLA beard and tabard?
TLA chest - An Autumn/Fire theme, which will be complemented with charred lower legs and lava/black sand bases.

The goal is go get an autumn theme going, but for that autumn theme to also be strongly suggestive of fire. The TLA will look like a proper tree (all browns) with twigs and leaves of yellow-orange-red. The lower portion of the feet and legs will then be painted black, and dry brushed with greys to give a charred effect (as seen here) All good, and I have all the colours fully planned. Except for 2 things...

TLAs have long braided beards (picture below), and a tabard that falls from their waist. The lower ends of these will be the same charred effect as the feet, with red tips on the end of the beard hairs like blackbeard's burning beard-ropes. But as for most of the beard and tabard, I am totally lost for a colour scheme. Does anyone have any suggestions? I would rather not depart massively from the current colour scheme, but on the other hand, I understand the importance for contrast. These bits hang down, and the twigs go up, so I dont want to paint them the same way as the twigs as either the "flames" will be burning upsidedown (if I go from yellow at the top to red at the bottom) or will be burning from nothing (if I go from yellow at the bottom to red at the top). Yellow-orange-red might also be TOO MUCH. There is already a lot. Really need help with this. Any thoughts?

r/ageofsigmar - Colour suggestions for "flaming" autumn TLA beard and tabard?
This is SlyRebirth's TLA, posted here. You can clearly see the beard (here in orange) and tabard (here in blue). https://www.tga.community/blogs/entry/1042-treelord-ancient-autumn/

Perhaps instead of going red to yellow you go yellow to white, giving it a more molten look.

You could also consider blue flames. It will certainly contrast, but might clash with the rest of your paint scheme.

You could also try a burning embers look (lighter colors in the recesses, dark to black at the outer edges.)

Finally, smoke goes with fire, and the grey colors would proved a nice contrast to the fire without being too dramatic a shift.

Edited by OkayestDM

Thanks for the suggestions. I ended up thinking about the blue a lot, especially as it would contrast the orange. I then talked it through with my other half, who is one of those people that sees the world in colour wheels and I did some more "research" (read: looking at other people's armies and wishing I could be that good) before settling on a deep purple. I think it look alright! 

IMG_20210121_231911.jpg

Now I just need to blacken the end, ash it up, and set the embers. Then I can start on the legs! Nearly done with this guy! 

• LOVE IT! 1