Shiny Lumineth Realm Lords

Gr3g

Hello all !

I start this thread to show my slowly WIP on some lumineths I get, still waiting for kangaroos ^^.

I tried something new with some marble effects on the armours. I would like to represent some really shiny miniatures as they are in their lore.

Here mines :

fm98.jpg

Some random closer pictures :

84df.jpg

fbyp.jpg

4yzd.jpg

6kcb.jpg

oe6t.jpg

Feel free to let me know what do you think about them :) 

Cheers and see you soon !

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 5

Nice! Cool idea with the marble effects.

If I were painting the LRL, I'd be tempted to try some of those colour-shifting paints I once heard about.  To give these guys a kind of kaleidoscopic / prismatic feel. Not sure if it's doable, though...

BTW.  Not kangaroos. Llamas ;)

Very nice. The captain in particular reminds me of a scheme I saw from bohunminiaturepainter on instagram, although I think yours works better on the infantry than what I saw for the Dawnrider. Keen to see your progress!

Also very fond of the hatching for the fabric and the magenta osl. Way better than the studio paintjob, which is kind of ... bland...

Edited by Ggom

Hello mates !

Thank you very much for your replies and comments :) 

I'm glad you like them !

@Ggom you're right ! This color is directly inspired by Bohum work on it's own lumineths. ;) 

As I loved the result of this technic on the champion, I tryed it on Teclis, and here is the result :

e5rv.jpg

I made a mask instead of a bare face, it seems better for me than a "constipate" expression...

See you soon for the entire miniature ;) 

Cheers !

Edited by Gr3g
  • Like 6
  • LOVE IT! 1

Hello all !

Thanks to @Callidan and @Fulcanelli for your replies :) I didn't change the face and just paint it as metal instead of flesh. Easy way to change all the result for a miniature haha.

Today I show you my Celennar going to join Teclis :

gn9g.jpg

4v4l.jpg

bt6b.jpg

I will showw you soon the complete result :) 

Hope you like this big cat !

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everybody !

Thank you very much for your contributions !

On 2/10/2021 at 9:37 AM, LuminethMage said:

Congratulations! Shiiiny! Looks really like a god of light. The cape is excellent, as is the base. 🥰

Hello LuminethMage, glad you like the result on your own people ^^ I hope you will be satisfied with the next minis !

On 2/10/2021 at 10:15 AM, Sonnenspeer said:

Wow, this is so beautiful!!

Hi Sonnenspeer, thanks for your gret comment ! 

On 2/22/2021 at 2:37 PM, Tommy said:

Love how Teclis is a focal point that’s quite distinct from Celennar, I think they blend together too much in the official GW scheme. 🙂

Hello Tommy and thank you very much for your comment ! Really proud about your point of vue :D 

15 hours ago, Krzyek said:

That cape looks fantastic! Just like real satin. How did you achieve such an effect?

Hi Krzyek, I'm glad you like it ! I made it with some contrast paints aethermatic blue / akhelian green then I made streaks with white scar diluted :) 

For today I show you my Eltharion with the same recipes :y7np.jpg

I hope you will like it too ^^

Cheers !

Edited by Gr3g
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 years later...