Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Icetea

Mawcrusher....not sure

Hi everyone!

ive got a question. 

ive got 2 options I’m thinking of running and to me, I think option1  is the clear winner. 

option 1 

Mega boss and 6 gore gruntas

option 2

maw crusher 

I don’t know why I would ever chose a maw crusher over option 1. I love the model, but I would be giving up 22+ wounds and more fire power. The mega boss has similar abilities too. 

I love the Maw crusher, would love to hear your thoughts on this because at the moment, I’m struggling to include him in my line up. 

im using the Big Waaagh allegiance. 
I’ll be running this make up 

mega boss (general)

warchanter x2

Wardok 

Wargog Prophet

30x savage orruks 

15x ardboyz

6x gore gruntas

3x gore gruntas

5x arboyz

5x ardboyz

Ardfist battalion (2000 points)

Thanks a million!

In Big Waaagh I personally lean towards Option 1 (with Brutish Cunning as the CT).

The reasons you might go with Option 2 are:

• Access to Rend -2 and Mortal Wounds (essential if you are regularly facing elite armour saves)
  • A fast Hero to get up the board (Gore Gruntas are not as fast as the Maw Krusha, and may well not be in range of a Hero to reroll charges)
  • With a defensive artefact, Weird Un and Fixing Beat, a Hero that might stick around until Turn 2 or 3 against Hero sniping armies like KO

Those are the reasons that spring to mind.  Overall I guess I've voted with my feet because I run Option 1 myself, but it's not quite strictly better, even if it is probably better overall.

• Like 1

Hey mate, this is a great response. I think your completely right. I hadn’t considered the rend! 
I guess high armour saves would be leaning more towards the maw crusher. Dudes with ethereal, I would possibly go more gore gruntas with mega boss. 

really appreciate your response!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Icetea said:

Hey mate, this is a great response. I think your completely right. I hadn’t considered the rend! 
I guess high armour saves would be leaning more towards the maw crusher. Dudes with ethereal, I would possibly go more gore gruntas with mega boss. 

really appreciate your response!

Can I add access to fly to the list of advantages of the mawcrusha

• Like 1

Don't forget also the interaction with battleplans: Mawcrusha also gets you a monster (for focal points) and a fighty/tough leader (for places of arcane power and, to a lesser extent, scorched earth)

• Like 1

The maw crusha, with the mighty destroyers Command can fly 24" and chargue with +1.

Thats a real huge movement, also have the most dmg output dmg from all game, except vorgaloth (the khorne foegeworld dragon).

When my enemys play it to me, they usually built it with brutish kunnin or ironclad battle trait, metaleippa's claw and mean 'un mount trait.

You only need give to him the warchanter buff and thats all he need.

Really, he delete every unit he touch, even a mega gargant, the maw kill it on 1 combat phase (except warstromper tribe, they can reroll saves). And with ironclad is very durable, but even withouth it can be durabe bcause he win wounds when he kill something.

Is one of the best monsters, and the only one who killed me archaon in a single combat phase xD.

Edited by Iradekhorne
  • LOVE IT! 1