Questions about Stormcasts and Sylvaneth in a Living Cities army

EntMan

Question

1) I gather that Stormcasts and Sylvaneth in a Living Cities army gain the Cities of Sigmar keyword, does this replace the Stormcast Eternals/Sylvaneth keywords or is it in addition?

2) If it replaces, then does this make any abilities and spells that affect friendly Stormcast/Sylvaneth useless? Or does the keyword in the ability/spell description also change to Cities of Sigmar?

3) Do any Dryads spawned in a Wyld Wood by a Branchwraith also gain the Cities of Sigmar keyword?

4) Can Dryads be spawned as above if this will take the total mumbers of Sylvaneth units over the 1 in 4 limit? (either in total or minus any Sylvaneth units that have been totally killed off earleir in the battle) e.g.  3 of my 12 units on the table are Sylvaneth, would this block me from summoning a 4th?

5) Can the army make use of Stormacast or Sylvaneth battalions? (provided of course the associated units don't break the 1 in 4 limit)?

6) Has GW yet provided any clarity on the "Can Sylvaneth magic users in a Living City army use Verdant Blessing?" debate? The googling I've done seems split between yes and no and lots of calls for a FAQ, has this been forthcoming?

7) Can a Living Cityarmy have Stormcast and/or Sylvaneth as traditional allies in additon to those in the 1 in 4 non allies role?

8 ) Does ANYONE actually like the Branchwriath model or does everyone kitbash a Branchwych or Dryad mini?

Sorry it's a lot but they are of a theme and didn't want to spam the forum with 7 different but related questions.

Edited by EntMan

2 answers to this question

1 & 2: It is in addition to, they keep all their original keywords as well.

3: No

4: Yes, it is only the initial list bound by that restriction. This goes for others as well such as limits on behemoths etc.

5: Technically no, but the rules surrounding battalions are pretty vague in certain places to keep eyes out for an eratta/faq.

6: No. Some people are just trying to metagame the system.

7: No. This is covered in the allies list of the CoS battletome.

8: People usually convert one out of the dryad kit with some extra bits.

• Thanks 1

On 1/12/2021 at 11:38 AM, EntMan said:

6) Has GW yet provided any clarity on the "Can Sylvaneth magic users in a Living City army use Verdant Blessing?" debate? The googling I've done seems split between yes and no and lots of calls for a FAQ, has this been forthcoming?

8 ) Does ANYONE actually like the Branchwriath model or does everyone kitbash a Branchwych or Dryad mini?

Sorry it's a lot but they are of a theme and didn't want to spam the forum with 7 different but related questions.

6) At the start of the Sylvaneth allegiance section it states the spell lore is available if you meet this requirement.  CoS wizards are not in a Sylvaneth allegiance.  You have to be playing Sylvaneth for the allegiance abilities.  This has been covered a bit in the Sylvaneth thread,.. or CoS, thread.  I guess,... personal conclusion from reading said threads I feel it's a no.

8 ) yes very much so.  she's a classic Juan Diaz sculpt and the better the painter you are the more you like the model.  I've painted her 3 times and the last 2 I sure noticed it's a better model than I originally thought.  

Have you considered posting these in the Sylvaneth and/or CoS sub thread?  I would suggest you read them through at least the more recent dozen or so pages.  Might help guide you :)