Missing in Action: Which Units Exist in Lore but Need Models?

Neverchosen

2 hours ago, Riff_Raff_Rascal said:

I had to really dig deep for my rat-boyz. Its alluded to in our book that Ko ships/sky-city was taken over by thanquol himself. Then there must-must be the possibility of sky-pirate rats. Not sure we deserve flying units to be frank.

Theres plenty of named heroes in our lore. The hysterical part is they never survive past the blurb written about their exploits. 

We also have brood-mothers but they make no sense on the tabletop since they should never be close to combat.

This question sounds like a non-starter for Skaven, unless others devoted to the Great Horned One have any ideas.

I actually wish there were more rules and models that were not meant to be direct line soldiers the brood-mothers sound like they would be great for narrative play. Heck maybe they can eniterly mitigate Skaven biggest supposed weakness of bravery as they fight to protect the brood mothers?

• Like 1

I'll call this one out: where the heck are all of the other rat-demons? The 13-headed one surely has more than just verminlords occupying his domain. Can't say that I've ready anything from even the old world where other "demon units" exist but that would be my pick for a truly new unit. This is of course, as you know, because the Great Horned Rat is a legitimate chaos god, quite possibly the best-strongest, yes? A proper god deserves a more diversified crew of minions don't you agree?

Just now, Riff_Raff_Rascal said:

I'll call this one out: where the heck are all of the other rat-demons? The 13-headed one surely has more than just verminlords occupying his domain. Can't say that I've ready anything from even the old world where other "demon units" exist but that would be my pick for a truly new unit. This is of course, as you know, because the Great Horned Rat is a legitimate chaos god, quite possibly the best-strongest, yes? A proper god deserves a more diversified crew of minions don't you agree?

I am entirely on board with that, I also want some more undivided demons to be honest.

I think a chaff styled shade would be great for AOS and 40k! I like to imagine a fury that has yet to get it's wings! 

• 4 weeks later...

(Not sure if one month counts as a "death-post" and I hope not being seen as a necromancer)
That's my own wishlist based in nothing than my love for pirates, ships and crazy-flying stuff:

I always had a soft spot for Skavens, Dwarfs and Gobbos (maybe 8peaks had something to do with it... but that's another story for another time...) so, after reading about them, looking at all their awesome conversions, and just being astonished by all new kits for gloomspite, I don't want just to see 2 or 4 new units, but a whole new army of...

GROTBAG SCUTTLERS

Imho, a new force for GA: Destruccion is a must. And Grotbag Scuttlers could give a new gameplay and style: flying units, crazy (and explosive) flying machines and an army that could rival the skyfleets of Kharadrons. You get the point: they are awesome!

Surfing the internet, we can see a lot of new (and possible) stuff. From flying squigs to ex-Kharadron Skyvessels, as  we can see in some conversions done by Chris Harding or the guys from Mecha-lab:

01.jpg.8409f0dc1d9465bbf7b1ba8b51e19366.jpg 10 Grot bag scuttlers ideas | orks 40k, warhammer figures, the balloon

GW already made some greenskinz pirates, as we can see on our big brother game (40k): the Freebooterz!! Btw, they have an exquisite taste for what they wear:

Games Workshop Webstore Games Workshop Webstore

There is no roof for this army! GW could do whatever they want and they will be awesome regardless. IMO, I would want to see a something following the ol'Blanche concept art or something like the conversion that reddit user /Jeffypee41 did: 

I now realize what AoS is lacking in my eyes - Page 3 - Age of Sigmar  Discussions - The Grand Alliance Community r/Warhammer40k - My Ork freebootaz flying pirate ship (counts as a Battlewagon). Lots of fun details to paint!

I really hope to see them on the tables (I'm not that good converting things, and I really love what GW did with Gloomspite)!
Who else can't wait for our little green dudes surfing the sky?!

Edited by Beliman
  • Like 4