Missing in Action: Which Units Exist in Lore but Need Models?

Neverchosen

1 hour ago, MitGas said:

Baudros, Egrimm's chaos dragon wasn't all that twisted (outside of the two heads) actually - that "mutated" look came with Galrauch. I guess that Egrimm was a champ of Tzeentch influenced the decision in Galrauch's backstory to turn him into the result of a wonderfully cunning Lord of Change's cross with an aelven dragon but anyways, Chaos dragons should be available to all Chaos factions cause I'm sure many would appreciate them. That said, lots of people here and on other sites actually instantly asked for Egrimm, so there's lots of love for that cool guy... 

Egrimm_van_Horstmann-_2016-12-01_23-46.j

With the upcoming release of Sigvald I am really hoping for updates to various Chaos Champs and a dual Egrimm/Galrauch is top of my list. But I completely agree that Chaos Dragons should be available to all Chaos factions. I think that Dorghar is a clever attempt at recreating the classic Chaos dragon but it is not my favourite model. I think it would make for a great centre piece that would appeal to those like me who feel oddly nebulous towards using named characters on the Tabletop. 

2 hours ago, Vasshpit said:

Off topic so I'll be brief, I have a feeling the next starter will feature m/f liberators and judicators with some new goodies thrown on top. Just a hunch really. 

Without scrapping those two kits, (wouldn't mind as SCE design had shifted ever so slightly) this seems like the only logical way to bring this popular requested change or make a warcry band.

A Warcryband seems most likely at this point unfortunately, unless GW decides to do a parallel kit that allows you to drop ladycast in among your existing libs/judis. My assumption for the  Warcry specific Stormcast is a mixture of chambers within the warband, which would be sick, but may not look right among their own chambers depending on the poses.

2 hours ago, TheR00zle said:

I'm going to be crazy here and suggest the following:

Bring back Khalida, but.... corrupted by chaos!!!

Since Asaph was the Nehekeran goddess of Magic and Beauty that opens the door to Slaanesh or Tzeentch corruption, then have her square off against Neferata.

I love this idea... but I selfishly want more undivided champions from yesteryear.

4 hours ago, CommissarRotke said:

A Warcryband seems most likely at this point unfortunately, unless GW decides to do a parallel kit that allows you to drop ladycast in among your existing libs/judis. My assumption for the  Warcry specific Stormcast is a mixture of chambers within the warband, which would be sick, but may not look right among their own chambers depending on the poses.

The more female SCE, the better :) That said, SCE don't have it that bad when it comes to gender diversity when compared to other factions. I mean, FCE? There's only *one* female ghoul around - and she's quite recent. There's zero reason for female ghouls not to be represented as miniatures, and yet...

But yeah - more females, that's my big request for GW. Thankfully, we're slowly getting there - we'll be getting a female Chaos Warrior *and* a Chaos Sorceress, as well as female Slaanesh troopers that aren't Daemonettes. There already are two Tzeentch females (the one from Tzeentch WHU warband and the Magister from Aether War), as well as a female Nurgle sorceress. Now we need some female Khorne berserkers :) And, of course, Daemon Princesses! And then, rank-and-file females for all factions: SCE, FCE, StD...

An idea: a female Varanguard rider. Now that could be cool...

• Like 6

Unpopular opinion:

Hard disagree... I'd hate hate HATE HATE a female Varanguard rider! Whenever something is described as a HULKING BRUTE, I don't think the female form fits that description. So yeah, I'm far from a fan of female Chaos Warriors (or Chosen, Varanguard, whatever). No, I don't hate women. I usually like them. Usually.

And yes, I know it's a magical world but I still don't like it. WH:U warband included. Female marauders aren't such a jarring image to me, probably because they work fine visually. Or even special cases like Valkia or Dechala. Or the Marauder Warqueen character. But hulking, heavy armored Chaos guys should stay dudes.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

10 minutes ago, MitGas said:

Unpopular opinion:

Hard disagree... I'd hate hate HATE HATE a female Varanguard rider! Whenever something is described as a HULKING BRUTE, I don't think the female form fits that description. So yeah, I'm far from a fan of female Chaos Warriors (or Chosen, Varanguard, whatever). No, I don't hate women. I usually like them. Usually.

And yes, I know it's a magical world but I still don't like it. WH:U warband included. Female marauders aren't such a jarring image to me, probably because they work fine visually. Or even special cases like Valkia or Dechala. Or the Marauder Warqueen character. But hulking, heavy armored Chaos guys should stay dudes.

Chaos Warriors have always had mix of sexes, even in the Gotrek and Felix books one of the first chaos champions they face is a woman devoted to khorne, and she is has the same chaos armour as any other champion of chaos.

• Like 9

I naturally assume many of my Slaves to Darkness are women. Furthermore, I don't find the Varanguard overtly sexually dimorphic... I mean one has a facial hair which is more common, but not exclusive, to men. But I also assume that my Chaos warriors are a diverse group including Aelves and Orcs and even other races not represented in model form in my army such as Duardin* and Halflings. But then again I see lore as a jumping off point but mostly enjoy creating my own narrative. Although, I also have not seen anything in the lore that contradicts my assumptions even if it does exist somewhere I will keep my headcanon. 

*I do have one in the Iron Golems 

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, Grim Beasties said:

Chaos Warriors have always had mix of sexes, even in the Gotrek and Felix books one of the first chaos champions they face is a woman devoted to khorne, and she is has the same chaos armour as any other champion of chaos.

Don't care about the Gotrek novels... plus it's a champion. The same armor doesn't mean she looks like normal Chaos Warriors either.... As long as they look like all the artwork and current models so that nobody in their right mind reads them as remotely female looking *in body shape*, then fine, all cool. But if they start to dilute the iconic look just to include chaos girls, I sure as hell won't buy em. Thank God Marines will never have that discussion.

• Confused 1

Not sure if I'm being blind, but I'm surprised no one has mentioned Ossiarch Bonereapers yet!

According to their battletome they are missing a whole bunch of heroes, seemingly one type of infantry, and a purposely vague description of characters like the spymaster on Katakros' base and all his birds that you can see on various models.

The heroes listed are the Leige-Morek, Leige-Immortis and a Prime Hekatoi. For those that don't speak OBR that means a leige on foot, a big construct leige, and a sort of super commander/strategist.

The possible infantry listed is called the "Necrophoroi", but I have no idea if it's actually infantry or a gibberish word for the kavalos' mounts or something.

If GW is keeping a Leige-Immortis from me that would let me pick Stalkers as battleline I'd be willing to pay a small tithe for it's release. Here's hoping that OBR rumor engines is anything but a warband!

Edited by GDD
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

I love this idea... but I selfishly want more undivided champions from yesteryear.

Fair enough, and I want an army of Mesopotamian daemonic train conductors and for Decimus from ADB's Night Lords to be an actual character. It's nice to dream and convert our own dudes(I'm personally gonna turn that new fat guy into Khalida's war shrine).

Edited by TheR00zle
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, TheR00zle said:

Fair enough, and I want an army of Mesopotamian daemonic train conductors and for Decimus from ADB's Night Lords to be an actual character. It's nice to dream and convert our own dudes(I'm personally gonna turn that new fat guy into Khalida's war shrine).

I wasn't intending to contradict your statement simply suggesting that I selfishly want Khalida to be tempted by Chaos writ large, not one of the specific Gods. My gripe was thinly veiled jealousy that all the God specific armies are rife with awesome named characters. However, we have both Archaon and Be'Lakor, so I will shut my mouth as many armies sadly don't even have that. I am also 100 percent in favour of Choas Dwarves. I think that they are a perfect fit for this thread as they have been mentioned in so many battle tomes and lore pieces but always seem just beyond the periphery.

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, TheR00zle said:

Not Xarl?

DIE AS WE LIVED BROTHER! IN MIDNIGHT CLAD.

ahem, back to swords and magic.

Edited by Ggom

3 hours ago, MitGas said:

Don't care about the Gotrek novels... plus it's a champion. The same armor doesn't mean she looks like normal Chaos Warriors either.... As long as they look like all the artwork and current models so that nobody in their right mind reads them as remotely female looking *in body shape*, then fine, all cool. But if they start to dilute the iconic look just to include chaos girls, I sure as hell won't buy em. Thank God Marines will never have that discussion.

I mean the armour of undivided worshipers doesn't really give any indicator of gender at all. They're all walking refrigerators with capes, the only way you could discern gender is if they're helmet is off and even then many are mutated beyond recognition or even need of gender. Now when it comes to god specific stuff it's a different story. Tzeentch arcanites are fit but not more so than a barbarian, Nurgles worshippers are all just kinda round and rotten, khornes are all built like brick ****** houses regardless of gender and it's implied that becoming a bloodreaver turns anything that isn't muscle into muscle. Slaanesh is the only one with variety and that's kinda intentional. You have beefcakes and slender doll like body shapes for both genders and with glutos now including fat body types as well. As for your prior example of varanguard, how can you be certain they're all male? Chaos lord isn't exactly a gender specific rank and they're all wearing thick enough armour to make anything short of stormcast blush. Some of the bodies have abs and beefy arms but those aren't male exclusive traits. The only argument in favour is the lack of a helmetless female head but we all know how GW struggles with good head sculpts in general until recent years. I don't think you have too much to worry about as the underworlds warband shows, if you aren't blessed by nurgle or slaanesh and made it to a warrior rank you're gonna be built like a brick ****** house wearing a fridge regardless of what you looked like prior to walking the path of damnation.

• Like 8

9 hours ago, TheR00zle said:

I'm going to be crazy here and suggest the following:

Bring back Khalida, but.... corrupted by chaos!!!

Since Asaph was the Nehekeran goddess of Magic and Beauty that opens the door to Slaanesh or Tzeentch corruption, then have her square off against Neferata.

Following this topic, Daemon prince settra who just really wants to kick the ****** outta the chaos gods. Or role reverse the end times Vlad and Isabella story with Isabella as the new mortarch of shadows and Vlad resurrected in servitude as a daemon prince of khorne or nurgle. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MitGas said:

Unpopular opinion:

Uhh we have models of Female Chaos Warriors. They look exactly the same as male ones. The only way to tell is if they take off the helmet. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

AS a Slaanesh player I'm soon to be quite pleased with my faction. As a previous LoN player and current bonereapers player I'd love for more vampires. There's also a lot of missed opportunity with generic skeletons as they have entire deathrattle cities in the lore with their own government structures and monarchies. It's been stated before in this thread but mortals of shyish could also do with some representation. From death cults worshipping nagash to vampire's thralls and voodoo like tribes that manipulate the winds of death to survive. Oh and more vampires!

But for real tho the wraith fleet got a lot of talk in early lore and some mentions in recent books along with grotbag scuttlers, sky piracy of the mad max and macabre varieties are just begging for models.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MitGas said:

Hard disagree... I'd hate hate HATE HATE a female Varanguard rider! Whenever something is described as a HULKING BRUTE, I don't think the female form fits that description.

Well, one can be a woman *and* a hulking brute :)

6 hours ago, Grim Beasties said:

Huh. Now I need to find that story!

5 hours ago, GDD said:

Not sure if I'm being blind, but I'm surprised no one has mentioned Ossiarch Bonereapers yet!

... female Ossiarch Bonereapers? ;)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Maybe a big plastic Coatl as a centerpiece for a big Seraphon release? Nut sure if they still exist in AoS lore or if they`re 100% Old World.

Other suggestions:

- Arbaal the Undefeated (on Maw-Krusha-size flesh hound)

- Generic Chaos Dragon/Egrimm Van Horstmann

- Taurox

- Khorngors as Bullgors with heavy armour

• Like 1

• Subscriber

I'd like to see some of the other Orruk Warclans, as in the background not all Orruks are Ironjawz or Bonesplitterz. 

Lets have some more "generic" Orruks. Lets have some chariots, some warmachines, some mounted on (thunderwolf sized) wolves. 

Lets have the guy who did the recent Bloodbowl Orcs or Ironskull's Boyz do them.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SunStorm said:

I'd like to see some of the other Orruk Warclans, as in the background not all Orruks are Ironjawz or Bonesplitterz. 

Lets have some more "generic" Orruks. Lets have some chariots, some warmachines, some mounted on (thunderwolf sized) wolves. 

Lets have the guy who did the recent Bloodbowl Orcs or Ironskull's Boyz do them.

Hmmm, this is a great point but is there any specific take on Orruk culture that you would want to see? I know that you were stating regular (I presume that is the more classic greenskin/orcs and goblin style forces) but is there a specific element of them that you want expanded upon? I am interested because I share your thoughts but I simultaneously feel like everything I want covered in such an army exists in Orruk Warclans already. I feel like I would want a traditional take on Orruks but purely for aesthetic reasons... maybe they will have access to more traditional Grot Tribes as well to differentiate them? 

6 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

. I am also 100 percent in favour of Choas Dwarves. I think that they are a perfect fit for this thread as they have been mentioned in so many battle tomes and lore pieces but always seem just beyond the periphery.

QfT and with the scrapping of the Legion of Azgorh by ForgeWorld I demand chaosdwarves uhmm chaosduardin...

For all the female inclusion talk, I measured the hip ratios and jawbones of my 120 skellis and Nagash seems to be an equal opportunity employer 😈

for FEC please no for the sake of decency 😹 

Are orruks fungal in AoS too?

And a reasonable armor will look the same on male or female, except for really mighty blessings of slaneesh...  get ForgeWorld to cough up some heads and if they sell, think about adding female casts on the sprue 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Honk said:

QfT and with the scrapping of the Legion of Azgorh by ForgeWorld I demand chaosdwarves uhmm chaosduardin...

For all the female inclusion talk, I measured the hip ratios and jawbones of my 120 skellis and Nagash seems to be an equal opportunity employer 😈

for FEC please no for the sake of decency 😹 

Are orruks fungal in AoS too?

And a reasonable armor will look the same on male or female, except for really mighty blessings of slaneesh...  get ForgeWorld to cough up some heads and if they sell, think about adding female casts on the sprue 

Glad to see more support for Chaos Dwarves. 

Isn't there female representation in the FEC Underworlds Warband?

I get the idea that people want more bare head options. Although, I personally like having as few bare heads on my Chaos models as possible. I will occasionally use an un-helmeted head for a hero or a command model (easier to blow a horn without a helmet).  I am thinking that I will make use of the upcoming female warrior from Underworlds as a Chaos Lord as it is a fantastic model (I am also fond of the rest of the Warband). But beyond that I think the helmets add to the mystery of who is underneath the armour. But I like to use my Chaos Warriors in Tabletop RPGs and as such I want them to stand in for pretty much any heavily armoured character.

7 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

Isn't there female representation in the FEC Underworlds Warband?

I dared a close look... that might be considered female parts ;-D

And to be honest, I personally started playing WHF grimdark style, where you best not be female around a bunch of Slaneesh Chaos Warriors... but AoS seems to try its best for noblebright, there is that.

If a significant number of buyers are all in for gender equality, Nagash and Khorne really don´t care who gets it, all power to them. But Legion of Azgorh were scrapped, Tomb Kings were turned to dust, Brettonia got laid to rest... GW has a tight budget for production