Fyreslayers: discussing their design

Fyreslayers: discussing their design and poll  

136 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the new iteration of the dwarven (duardin) slayers? Elaborate with a post if you feel like it.

Warhammer Fantasy Slayers are evocative, dynamic, narratively interesting, and visually distinct.

Fyreslayers are unimaginative, miss the point, don't have good story hooks and look homogenous.

The only thing that got me through Realmslayer was how much verbal hate Gotrek could pile on this ill conceived faction.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

On 1/20/2021 at 3:29 AM, SorryLizard said:

The cost of getting the army has kept me away from them (20 hearthguard cost WHAT!?).

One way people get around it is to kitbash the Shadespire Fyreslayers. 3 packs of them with suitably long weapons behind a Hearthguard looks fine and let's you put a lot more character into them without setting your wallet on fire. ;)

On 1/23/2021 at 8:47 AM, Beer & Pretzels Gamer said:

All of which is a long way of saying that there is more to each of these models the the Mohawks.  The design of the weapons is very distinctive, in my opinion, making them not just easy to differentiate on the table but providing a pretty cool aesthetic.

Dude! You blasted that explanation out of the boiling Aqshy water. :D

That's definitely something I hope they build on for the faction. With their focus on magmapikes, key blades and javelins rather than axes they can convey a lot of great character that way. Especially if they start mixing the Celtic & Japanese tones the fire realm and their recent icons have then they can expand to fyresteel naginata and more exotic lava weapons to keep giving them both an edge at range and against monsters with their burning attacks.

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 2