Arcanite Army Blog

Ragequit

Hi everyone, first blog and first serious attempt at Wargaming since I got into it almost 30 years ago with Space Crusade.

Got my wife to decide on my non Order army and she settled on Disciples of Tzeentch. Ordered the DOT Battleforce straight away.

Still deciding to go Pyrofane or Tzaangor heavy. And colour schemes.. and what to buy next.. 

Let the story begin 🎉

B73083BB-3E0C-409E-AB23-39553E52503A.jpeg

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

I’m more in the thematic/narrative mindset. Will stick to all Tzeentch first and see if I enjoy the competitive scene.

Saw an awesome Stormcast with Cypher Lord heads as a conversion and will likely go that direction if I do Tzeentch S2D.

Going to have free time to start assembling the models on the weekend. Manage to work out a colour scheme, just need to work out what to do with the metallic parts. Gold and silver seems to be a challenge with Yellow armour.

E0BE79D5-57F9-40DF-8E5E-5CE99837EB1D.png

• Like 1

Great thing about tzeentch is you can include slaves to darkness units with the mark and still benefit from the allegiance abilities.  I would recommend getting a set of pink horrors and two sets of blues and brimstone horrors.  I’m glad to see another devotee of the lord of magic !

• Thanks 1

As expected, as I build the basic foot troops, too many conversion ideas start distracting me 😅

9th Jan: Decided to do the Lord of Change as a centrepiece model and reminder of my 2021 goal

10th Jan: Completed first 10 Kairic Acolytes

685239DD-EBFE-426E-95B8-61029DF6E3CA.jpeg

Edited by Ragequit

• 3 weeks later...

Excitement of building an army to completion has already subsided as conversion ideas, army building and colour schemes start distracting me 😢

I was going to paint the models and then glue them to their bases but decided to base them to get back on track to my goal.

I did end up sneaking in a few conversions with my Tzaangor and was surprised Enlightened/Skyfires were compatible with the foot troops.

Maybe they will make Tzaangor Archers a reality 😊

9364738A-382C-4AAF-85D8-E810824C6733.jpeg

9C0F7274-DA64-4A53-9C2F-7C14C992BA92.jpeg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got a weekend to myself with all the housework done.

Manage to get the first model started with paint to a figure and the rest basecoated.

Super impressed with the amount of effort and time saved using Contrast paint. Only have the Skin tone, need to buy more once Lockdown eases.

6BD5DB19-3177-4560-8EDE-174DB9A18857.jpeg

DDF26291-3690-4E37-80AC-29CA6930FD82.jpeg

Edited by Ragequit
  • Like 3