Stormcast Noob, what army builds can I make?

Lord Krungharr

Hello, Azyrites!  I picked up a bunch of Stormcast stuff recently and was wondering if I have the makings of some good army builds?   Seems like giant blocks of Stormcast are the preferred method of delivery.  I am looking to make a more tanky stalwart type of army as opposed to my Beasts of Chaos (who are NOT tanky).   Plus different colored metallics will look real pretty on the table :D

Here's what I have for now:

Lord Celestant on Dracoth

Knight Incantor

2 Lord Arcanums on Gryphchargers

2 Concussors on Dracoths

33 Liberators w 3 grandhammers

7 Sequitors w 2 or 3 grandmauls

5 Evocators on foot

7 Castigators 

5 Vanguard Hunters

15 Retributors (thinking about magnetizing the hammer heads/hands to also be Protectors using random sword blades).

From what I've read some good combos are with some heroes I still don't have (like the Gavriel Sureheart and the Lord-Castellant).   Suggestions?  

Looking at that, your tanky line is absolutely solid.

Judging from my own experience, though, Stormcast are a bit downtrodden when it comes to dishing it out.

If you're running Evocators, I'd recommend some more Sequitors, but with that block of Retributors, I'd go for them in most lists you're playing. They're tanky and smashy and definitely ain't as meat-shieldy as a lot of things get.

Celestar Ballistas are your bread and butter with pumping out numbers at range. Most of my lists sit around 2 or 3, but I've seen as many as 4 played at 2k points. If you're going for some, I'd also recommend an Ordinator 

If you're looking for a cheap option to pick some up, if you're in the UK, the Mortal Realms magazine has the ETB kit or the Soul Wars Sprue (which has the bonus of a few Evocators, some Primes and another Knight Incantor) for £8. 

In terms of combo, the Hammers of Sigmar's command ability to bring back destroyed units is VERY swingy when it works - and though Anvils of the Heldenhammer is generally stronger alliance - if you're running a large block of Liberators, nothing can be as fun as being able to slap 20 back on the board after they're destroyed.

Hope any of this is helpful

• Thanks 1

Yes indeed, thank you very much for your inputs!  I'm in the US but will keep my eyes peeled for some of those Ballistas and an Ordinator.

Gotta look for a tome too.  Are the Endless Spells worth getting?  I remember getting the comet plopped before my Legion of Azgorh once and that was.....unpleasant.

• 2 weeks later...

Our Endless spells are good, especially the Comet.

Stormcast have a huge variety of builds but their effectiveness is... yeah. If you aren't a highly competitive tourney player then you can focus on the units you like instead of purely optimal builds. And even with that you'll find overlap: Vanguard Raptors are one of my favorite units by aesthetic, and also one of our most consistently powerful

• Thanks 1