AoS feels like neglacted child?

Nizrah

15 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I wouldn't read too much into it.

Nothing will ever compare to 40k in terms of sales, except for those five minutes in 2003 that Lord of the Rings shot to the top (and then nosedived). Plus it's the year that a new edition launched which always causes a huge uptick, nevermind the amount of new Space Marine kits - I'm not making a complaint (in this post anyway), it's no secret that Marine releases equal stupid amounts of cash and there were a lot of them. 

40k might shrink a bit compared to AoS. GW has increased barrier of entry quite a bit by removing some etb kits and increasing the starter set by 20%.

Cheapest multibox marines are now at 25€ for 5 space marines scouts (old set), while comparatively good looking Stormcast are at 12€ (3-4 per model, with either the best looking Stormcast or a gryph hound among them). Even the "getting started" is half the cost.

Cheap chaos cultists and imperial guard do still exist, and I don't dislike the cultists from those.

4 hours ago, zilberfrid said:

40k might shrink a bit compared to AoS. GW has increased barrier of entry quite a bit by removing some etb kits and increasing the starter set by 20%.

Cheapest multibox marines are now at 25€ for 5 space marines scouts (old set), while comparatively good looking Stormcast are at 12€ (3-4 per model, with either the best looking Stormcast or a gryph hound among them). Even the "getting started" is half the cost.

Cheap chaos cultists and imperial guard do still exist, and I don't dislike the cultists from those.

If the last year has shown us anything, it's that price is pretty much no barrier to their core audience. 

How much that might drop off in the long-term, well, we'll see.

• 2 weeks later...

Covid have been a problem and isnt unthinkable that gw tells us that faq are cancelled due to this.

But 40k got his faq at their date with HUGE points changes,while aos faq is delayed a month.

Then we get the faq with one change to slaves,one lesser change to kharadron and NOTHING more.

No balance to rules broken,no balance to broken armys,no points changes........

Because we havent enough data to know tha tzenth,seraphon,kharadrons need a nerf?

I guess now we can say that aos feels like the neglacted child

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

email for the community team "Unless you've been lost in the warp, you'll no doubt be aware that Warhammer 40,000 received an official update earlier this month, with tweaks to some points values and a few key areas of the game. This instalment of Metawatch: Warhammer 40,000 will help you seamlessly stay on the front foot competitively in light of these changes. Give it a read now!"

48hrs after the aos faq, now that is cold

On 1/25/2021 at 5:58 PM, Doko said:

Then we get the faq with one change to slaves,one lesser change to kharadron and NOTHING more.

That's not true... Through the sheer power of amateurism, they managed to undo the Nighthaunt points drops by copy pasting an old 2018 version of the points into their new document! 

Playing a game of AoS right now against seraphon, KO, tzeentch or pointy aelves... feels... wel... pointless. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

51 minutes ago, Elmir said:

That's not true... Through the sheer power of amateurism, they managed to undo the Nighthaunt points drops by copy pasting an old 2018 version of the points into their new document! 

Playing a game of AoS right now against seraphon, KO, tzeentch or pointy aelves... feels... wel... pointless. 

You should get an award for this comment 🤣👌🏻

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Still-young said:

I saw a comment on a 40k forum yesterday about how ‘AoS gets a lot of love’ which made me laugh remembering this thread here. 

The grass is always greener, as they say. 

The models they put out are really good. 40k gets mostly small variations of what already existed. 

Blood Bowl, AoS and Necromunda get interesting sets, because there still is some design freedom there. 40k is very conservative.

AOS has the best models for sure. The rules, however, are even more wildly inconsistent than the ones you see in the rest of GW's products. Sometimes they nail it (BR: Morathi), sometimes they create absolute disasters (Kroak at 320 points) then do nothing about it for a year because "they don't have the data." 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1