Ogor conversion question

awkd

Ogryns convert into Orruk / Ironjawz models better, and you can even use the Ogryn gasmask heads as a basis for an Orruk head too.

Other than that, Ork Nob heads, most Kromlech heads (they're larger than GW in most cases), and Spellcrow's "bulky" head options, all of which have been suggested above, work well.

Once my local store's birthday is over, hoping to have some models to show the idea, as realising that since I want to take part in Armies on Parade, I can't make my Orruk Ironjawz "yoof" models just yet, and thus my Battleline will have to be some Ironjawz super-soldiers (Ogors armed with Ironfists), and a Moonclan Grot detatchment (to justify my Warboss's squigs!)

Thanks everyone.

I am working on a mostly greenskinz army an planning on having some ogors as a battleline unit that can add some punch too but would prefer if they looked like bigger orcs. will look at nob heads and the other options suggested.

Thanks again. 

I use the nob heads, I like that they are slightly smaller because it makes them look a little bit more oddly mishapen. I wanted them to look like they were regular orruks that were morphed with the ogors using magic.

However, The awkwardness I also countered by using a lot of iron jaws built out of .20mm thick Plasticard. That makes the illusion that they look bigger.

good luck!

Thanks @Lysandestolpe, the back story for your ogors is very similar to what I was thinking. My extra weird Weirdknob grew himself some extra large orc bodyguards to do his dirty work.

Once I get my ogors I'll see if I can get some Nob heads and maybe the bulky Spellcrow ones and see if I like how they look. I'm not opposed to just having some regular ogors in my army either, just thought the look of the army would be better if they were all orcs.

Thanks again for all of the suggestions.

@Cowboy Boots Matt did an Orcre army back in 8th and is currently working on some Ogorruks for AoS. He has used a huge variety of Orruk and 40K Ork heads on his, so I am sure can weigh in with some solid advice.

Also, he knows a thing or two about nobheads.

Sorry...couldn't resist a nob head joke after reading it about 50 million times in the above posts!! :P 

• 1 year later...
13 hours ago, Chipatola said:

Do ogor head fit nicely with the ironjawz brutes models ? 

I personally find them a little too big for my taste. Ironjawz brutes heads are closer in size to 40k boyz heads. 

However this is not a bad thing as it truly gives you many more options for heads.

With the launch of AoS, I've noticed Orcs (Orruks) models becoming  more proportional and not so apeish.

Archived